Pocus

1.011 official patch is out!

Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:34 pm

PLEASE NOTE: auto update and the link below has been updated with version 1.011, which is the same as 1.01, but we have corrected the errors made in 1.01's installer. Thanks for your patience and enjoy the patch!

Dear players,

The first patch to Wars of Napoleon is out! Just launch the game through the launcher and click 'check on update'. As a temporary measure, I'll also provide a link to the standalone file but it will be hosted by Ageod and Matrix in a few hours on their respective websites:

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/WarsOfNapoleon/WarsOfNapoleon-Update-v1011.zip

and now the changelogs:

Wars of Napoleon updates (1.01)

Patch 1.01 December 9[SUP]th[/SUP], 2015 (9 Frimaire of An 12 of the Revolution)
How to update your game:
This patch is a comprehensive patch. This patch is save-compatible with release version although some new events might not trigger.

Campaigns, historical events
Added New Scenario "Sea Lion": French landing in England succeeds
Added a document listing all National Modifiers
Replacements cost less overall and draft horses are not factored anymore.
Fixed errors and text in Pressburg Peace Event + checking the situation for the August campaign (BAV having lost territory at start that it was not recovering after peace)
Fixed HRE dissolution event
Fixed errors in setup of What If French naval Domination
Modified the win Level Ratio for FRA/GBR in campaigns (to 250 instead of 300)
Fixed missing leaders appearances (e.g. McDonald)
Fixed missing straits links in Denmark
Develop territory needs 5 turns (was 9)
Fixed some loyalties tests issues
Added major Turkish reforms events (Empire Reform, Nizam-i-Cedid troops)
Added more Continental Events
Fixed missing river links in Russia (Donets and Don regions)
Fixed missing leaders appearances (e.g. Eugene de Beauharnais)
Fixed some diplomatic relationships for 1805 start and Saxony changing side in 1806

Units
Changed Cuirassier shock (first shock at 200% + better impact values)
Cossacks had some recruitments issues.

AI
AI will be much less prone to wander in neutral territories.
AI redeploy leader is a more efficient way
Fixed AI not sending Wellington back to England
GBR AI fleets are more prone to resupply even when doing pickets around French harbors.
Added Russian AI and annexation events (Steve)
More British AI events for Peninsula War added (including some non-AI events and options)

Diplomacy
Contentious matters better explained in tooltip (over the ruler portrait) - can be improved further
France, if at war for too long with Austria, Prussia or Russia without concluding a peace (with warscore) will loses VP (anti exploit)
Clicking on the ruler portrait in diplomacy window jumps to his capital region
Satellites and vassal will be much more generous in expeditionary forces and fleets.
You can't ask for a capital region unless this is the only region remaining.

Engine
Can now take over enemy cities even if a neutral country, but friendly with city owner is present in region.
Generic portrait for generals will be hidden when combining a combat unit with the general. Custom/historical portraits will be displayed.
AI stacks can be nudged graphically a bit in non contested regions, if they are allied.
Fixed: Build fort order did not show properly a fort.

Battleplans
4 extra battle plans exclusive to Napoleon and Wellington. Napoleon gets 'Bounding Artillery' and 'Assault Column' (superior versions of respectively 'Grand Battery' and 'Infantry Charge') whereas Wellington gains 'Defensive Cover' and 'Feint Retreat', superior versions of respectively 'Wide Spacing' and 'Deceive Enemy'. Courtesy of Ace, thanks to him.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Taillebois
General of the Army

Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:16 pm

Yay, thanks guys for picking up the baton.

I claim to be the first person to lose the battle of Waterloo under v1.01.

PS - and thanks to those forum people who put time in to help.

EOOQE
Private

Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:39 pm

Thanks for the patch ! Great !

@Pocus : seems to be there is a little directory bug inside the installation routine of the patch :

The patch puts all the new/redone etc graphics and their Folders into [color="#FF0000"]NGC\Graphics\Graphics[/color]

I dont think thats rights ?!?

So , one [color="#FF0000"]\Graphics[/color] too much. No problem to manuell copy them over to the right place.
But maybe not everyone is recognising this little bug .

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:53 am

EOOQE wrote:Thanks for the patch ! Great !

@Pocus : seems to be there is a little directory bug inside the installation routine of the patch :

The patch puts all the new/redone etc graphics and their Folders into [color="#FF0000"]NGC\Graphics\Graphics[/color]

I dont think thats rights ?!?

So , one [color="#FF0000"]\Graphics[/color] too much. No problem to manuell copy them over to the right place.
But maybe not everyone is recognising this little bug .

Yep. I got the same thing.

Ironclad
Sergeant

Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:57 am

Thanks for the patch but bit disappointed that there seems to be nothing to change kamikaze casualties (yes I know there are unofficial fixes but I prefer to wait for authorised changes).

PhilThib

Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:04 am

They will come with the next one, fix was finalized after we had given first patch lot to production. But you can safely use the unofficial fixes, we'll use them almost certainly

Bruit Bleu

Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:15 am

Pocus wrote:Patch 1.01 December 9[SUP]th[/SUP], 2015 (9 Frimaire of An 12 of the Revolution)

Thanks for the patch, but on Dec 9th 2015, we were Nonidi 19 Frimaire de l'An 224 of the Age of Reason, Day of the Juniperus sabina.
:p apy:
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

Fsansir
Corporal

Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:56 am

Pocus wrote:Can now take over enemy cities even if a neutral country, but friendly with city owner is present in region.

Awesome Pocus, Thank you :thumbsup:

Pocus

Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:58 am

Ironclad wrote:Thanks for the patch but bit disappointed that there seems to be nothing to change kamikaze casualties (yes I know there are unofficial fixes but I prefer to wait for authorised changes).

We have doubled cohesion losses inflicted by units, resulting in battles having more retraits and routing. If that's not enough, 1.02 public beta (due this week) will have reduced to hit chance, but it will slow down also the game as battles will last longer (in real life I mean...)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Ironclad
Sergeant

Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:58 pm

Thanks, that's good to know. Sorry if I missed it in the patch note - if not its worth adding. Much appreciate your speedy response (as usual) in dealing with these issues.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:54 pm

Pocus wrote:We have doubled cohesion losses inflicted by units, resulting in battles having more retraits and routing. If that's not enough, 1.02 public beta (due this week) will have reduced to hit chance, but it will slow down also the game as battles will last longer (in real life I mean...)

Pocus, the slowdown is fine as you are making the battle s better. Speed is not everything.

Thanks again for your good work.

chemkid
Private

Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:44 pm

Last edited by chemkid on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pocus

Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:25 pm

1.011 patch is out, which is as 1.01 but with fix to some misplaced files that could result in errors upon loading a game.

Philsavory
Sergeant

Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:37 am

Hi

I've bought the game today via the Matrix store, but I can't seem to update it with the patch. My version is 1.00. I've tried the update button and get a 'unable to download file. An error occurred while trying to open an FTP file' message. I've also tried the link in the post above but get a 'No data received ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE' message. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

EOOQE
Private

Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:42 am

Philsavory wrote:Hi

I've bought the game today via the Matrix store, but I can't seem to update it with the patch. My version is 1.00. I've tried the update button and get a 'unable to download file. An error occurred while trying to open an FTP file' message. I've also tried the link in the post above but get a 'No data received ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE' message. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Link worked fine.

Sounds like some Firewall etc settings on your side blocking the download.
Are you using some "crappy" Firewall/Antivirus software (Norton etc ) ?

Set it OFF and try the download again.

Philsavory
Sergeant

Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:44 am

EOOQE wrote:Link worked fine.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using McAfee, I'll give it a go, and report back :)

Philsavory
Sergeant

Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:52 am

EOOQE wrote:Link worked fine.

Thanks, the update is now downloading from the game menu update.

EOOQE
Private

Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:58 am

Philsavory wrote:Thanks, the update is now downloading from the game menu update.

Aye , nice its working now , have fun :thumbsup:

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”