Egg Bub
Major

Jutland scenario

Sat May 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Is there any way to play the battle of Jutland scenario and have the main fleets get involved? It seems to me that only the battlecruisers actually fight.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sat May 09, 2015 4:16 pm

Not a scenario that I have actually played in years since the stock naval game is weighted so heavily against the RN as to make it a futile and frustrating experience for the British and a cake walk for the High Seas Fleet. This scenario is why I wrote my WW1G naval mods but I never uploaded the modified Jutland scenario that was the test vehicle for the initial mod. Second fleet arrival is checked every round (I think) but success depends on a number of factors. That said, selecting the Naval Tactics option that provides a bonus for reinforcement arrival should help. If you do not select that tactic (don't recall off hand which one it is but the tool tip will identify it), there is a real chance that second fleet arrival may not occur in time or at all, particularly if the AI has selected one of the counter tactics.

Good hunting.

-C

Egg Bub
Major

Sun May 10, 2015 11:37 am

Random wrote:Not a scenario that I have actually played in years since the stock naval game is weighted so heavily against the RN as to make it a futile and frustrating experience for the British and a cake walk for the High Seas Fleet. This scenario is why I wrote my WW1G naval mods but I never uploaded the modified Jutland scenario that was the test vehicle for the initial mod. Second fleet arrival is checked every round (I think) but success depends on a number of factors. That said, selecting the Naval Tactics option that provides a bonus for reinforcement arrival should help. If you do not select that tactic (don't recall off hand which one it is but the tool tip will identify it), there is a real chance that second fleet arrival may not occur in time or at all, particularly if the AI has selected one of the counter tactics.

Good hunting.

-C

Thanks. Are your naval mods compatible with the Centennial edition of the game?

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sun May 10, 2015 6:51 pm

Thanks. Are your naval mods compatible with the Centennial edition of the game?

My understanding is yes. Apparently they work as intended without any additional editing although I strongly suggest installing them using JSGME as a file swapping utility. I no longer own CE as it would not run in Win-XP and I discovered after DF gave me a refund that WW1G runs adequately on my Win-7 notebook although it takes forever to load. That said I have corresponded by email with a couple of Forum members who have assured me that the mods seem to work in the newer game as designed. Please try it and let me know; by PM if you like as we probably should not discuss CE on this forum.

Good luck.

-C

Taillebois
General of the Army

Sun May 17, 2015 10:29 pm

I just played it 3 times on easy as the RN and got beaten. And Beatty got killed 2 times.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun May 17, 2015 11:13 pm

Mod apparently working with CE edition. Additional 2 German corps available in 1st Armee. For the fixes I use it without JSGME, that I think it is good to incorporate in stock scenario; 2 player campaign.
FYI.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Mon May 18, 2015 2:39 am

Thanks, Baris.

-C

Edit:
I have apologized to Egg Bub for some unintentional and now deleted snark.

Egg Bub
Major

Tue May 19, 2015 9:50 am

Random wrote:Thanks, Baris. I guess the OP couldn't be bothered to check.

-C

Why such rudeness? No need to be a jerk.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Mon May 25, 2015 6:41 pm

The WW1G Jutland scenario does not work with the Naval Mods because of a number of factors relating to how the game reads files and attempting to play the stand alone scenario with the mods activated is likely to cause problems.

Find attached a modified Jutland scenario for WW1G that corrects the orders of battle, spelling errors in some British units and removes the most egregious penalties against the Royal Navy. It should produce a more balanced game with more reasonable results.

[ATTACH]33624[/ATTACH]

The mod is JSGME ready, just unpack into your MODS folder and activate Jutland after deactivating any other scenario mods.

For owners of CE before activating the Mod, find the folder ...\DB\Gold Scenarios\ and change the name to ...\DB\Scenarios\ (I.E. remove the "Gold"). It's not tested on CE but should work as intended. Questions or problems with the Gold version here, please.

Good Luck.

-C
Attachments
Jutland.rar
(26.05 KiB) Downloaded 260 times

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”