Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Pride of Nations, Gamersgate, and Steam keys

Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:33 pm

I own my copies Pride of Nations through Gamersgate.

I would really prefer to have them on Steam because Steam has much more bandwidth than Gamersgate (translation: Steam downloads tend to be fairly quick, Gamersgate downloads are sometimes glacially slow).

I have discussed this issue with Customer support at Matrix, and they aren't able to issue Steam keys to individual owners of the game.

Is there any chance that Ageod could arrange for Steam keys for all of its Steam-enabled games to be issued to Gamersgate? They aren't a wholly-owned subsidiary of Paradox anymore, so it's not like you would be supporting a competitor.

Many people prefer to have their games on Steam, but not to buy them from Steam (especially after this recent nonsense about charging for workshop mods). Owning Steam games independently from Steam provides an extra layer of protection in case Steam goes belly up and your game library vanishes. And having a game in your Steam library protects you from having the provider of the game go belly up as well.

Delaware
Private

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:15 pm

Not to hijack the thread, but I bought the game through Steam and I wondered if I could get a copy of the AGEOD install because I dont want Steam!!!!

bbmike
Sergeant

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:36 pm

And to round things out, I love Pride of Nations so much I bought it on Gamersgate AND Steam. :love:

Pocus

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:25 am

The best way is to buy at Ageod, it gives you an extra Steam key. Plus buying at Ageod is supporting us the most.

I'll discuss with the Slitherine Helpdesk, I really don't know how things can turn out on these matters.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:26 pm

I am not expecting a positive outcome, but I appreciate your looking into it.

alwaysfish
Conscript

Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:03 pm

I would welcome a Steam key for my Gamersgate version of Pride of Nations as well

DhulKarnain
Civilian

Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:37 pm

Any news for us Gamersgate PoN owners?

Pocus

Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:56 am

Slitherine Support is trying to get from Gamersgate the list of customers who bought PON. Baring that, they can't provide links based on screenshots or invoices, because there is potentially ten of thousands of customers from GG. At a time Paradox sold PON at a huge discount and even if most of the buyers never played the game a lot, there is a lot of people on Steam who possess PON.

So until a GG answer, operations are on hold on that, dixit Support.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Pride of Nations”