FlumenSV
Private

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:25 pm

AndrewKurtz wrote:The link still points to RC6. Instead of clicking, I copied/pasted the URL text and it downloaded RC7.

..I copyed the url but changed the 6 to 7 and the download was correct :)
Indeficienter

Prussia
Lieutenant

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:34 pm

For some reason the url links to rc6 even though it displays rc7. Try this: http://www.ageod-forum.com/downloads/latest/Patch_CW2_v1.05rc7.rar

Checked and it links to the proper version.

lodilefty

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:25 am

Prussia wrote:For some reason the url links to rc6 even though it displays rc7. Try this: http://www.ageod-forum.com/downloads/latest/Patch_CW2_v1.05rc7.rar

Checked and it links to the proper version.

yes, that works. Now have CW2.exe with timestamp Feb 5 14:44

Let us all rejoice in the "features" of Bill's Worlde of Windowes! :blink:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Pocus

Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:32 am

Link updated to real RC7 file!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

mrose1506
Civilian

Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:53 am

1. The south should have the option to free their slaves for +50 foreign intervention bonus (since one reason they didnt want to intervene was the souths pro slavery stance)but a permanent 50% national moral hit.

2. Generals with stars 3 and above should be able to be killed or wounded in battle since it happened numerous times in the real war. Ex. Albert sydney johnston, general stonewall jackson, james longstreet, general reynolds, general sedgewick, general van dorn general jeb stuart. These losses of upper command did and should factor into national moral, the higher the star, the bigger percentage of nm hit. Ex 1 star =5% 2star=10% 3star=20% 4star =30%

3. The main campaign shouldnt be limited to 1865 it should go as late as 1868 in the event that france and britain intervene and begin to turn the tide of the war, and lower canada being on the map would make sense too since britain was most hesitant about having to protect canada from the u.s. in the event they came into the war.

4. The south did and should be able to raise black regiments. This ordinance should come at a permanent 25% national moral hit, due to the fear of armed slaves and the blow to white supremicist ideology that blacks were too primitive minded to be soldiers.
What do you think?

Prussia
Lieutenant

Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:12 am

Well I've lost Stonewall Jackson so many times I feel there is a script in there somewhere just for him. Same with Shelby. I've lost Stuart only once.

Pocus

Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:41 am

Prussia wrote:Well I've lost Stonewall Jackson so many times I feel there is a script in there somewhere just for him. Same with Shelby. I've lost Stuart only once.

This is not your imagination, probabilities are biased. Each leader has a death chance, leaders who died historically tend to die more often than the others.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:02 pm

Public beta release candidate 8 now up. You can activate again 'pause on battle' and see if the random crash during turn execution or at start of turn (not while doing your turn) is solved or if it comes back. If it comes, disable pause on battle and see if it is really gone without the feature, it should.

I would be mightily pleased to have people previously crashing now being able to play with 'pause on battle'. What a PITA bug! ;)

Smitzer52
Sergeant

Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:03 pm

After playing a few turns with a lot of battles in a bloody road south, I can say that battle pause works and no crash "app stalling message". I guess you found the bug.
"Best way to win a war is not to fight it"

Whiskey
Conscript

Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:35 am

How does the install work? It crashes my windows explorer when I right click to give admin privileges.

BigDuke66
General

Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:01 pm

Any chance we see the option "noMusicVolume" effect the intro sound too?
And to add an option the effects the sound effects too?
Not sure how it is for others but with the current settings I have to lower by receiver by 15db(what is a lot) to have the sound at an convenient level.
With an option the can set the music and one that can set the sound volume the player could set them not only relative to each like they need it but also set the overall level to what they need to make any manual changes unnecessary.
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

MarkCSA
Location: In a safe place, they couldn't hit an elephant at this distance

Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:25 pm

Ok, just finished a game as the CSA with RC8.

Quick notes:

-As already mentioned, the message when hovering over a failed or completed Regional Decision is incorrect.

-Fleets do not seem to consume supply, WAD?

-Strength display of units does not update correctly on the main map after they have been hit by disease.

-AI is pretty good, but still likes to try to ram through me, sustaining massive casualties, then withdraw back to its lines, Hamburger Hill style.

-I won in early 1864 as CSA and did not have to call for volunteers once, WS was short in 61 62, money became a factor in 1863.

-Not a lot of action on the Far West front, mainly some AI cav units running around.

-Units deep in enemy territory are re-supplying (that's ok, they were running over small towns and such) and healing to full strength (seems odd).

-Game still crashes after turn completion, this started happening when the turns took longer.

-AI is playing spy cards in the middle of nowhere.

-Battle plans seem to impact battles (and casualties!) a lot, very cool.

Apart from that, the game feels really really good, my compliments!
Murphy's Law of Combat: 'The most dangerous thing on a battlefield? An officer with a map'

BigDuke66
General

Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:55 am

In the April 1861 campaign I suggest to clarify some events.
1. The late April Event "No Corps before 1862" should be renamed to "Forming Corps & Divisions" as it details when the player can start doing that.
2. The late April Event "Lincoln's Call for Volunteers" should add that an army will be formed so that the player doesn't blindly start constructing units in the believe he has to do something with these volunteers but rather resorts to expanding the available replacements.

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:56 am

Couple of things I've noticed. The railroad between Charlottesville and Staunton VA doesn't work. It shows it barely going through Augusta, which just has a road. This causes a lot of problems with trying to get into Staunton/Lexington.

Also, Ashland Ohio is actually Ashland Ky. Ironton is the name of the town across the river. We fixed this in AACW1 but it got carried over here. Otherwise it's looked pretty tight on my first playthrough.

*edit* Oops, but I forgot I was just playing with 1.04. My apologies if you've already fixed either of these in the RC.

Pocus

Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:24 am

"-AI is playing spy cards in the middle of nowhere."

I checked and the Spy RGD has AI parameters. The AI dislike playing it where there is no enemy (can't play it if there is no enemy!) and she likes playing it where they are big stacks.

BigDuke66
General

Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:47 pm

Regarding replacements, with the Unions preferred way if creating new regiment instead of filling up old ones, could that be modeled somehow?

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:00 am

BigDuke66 wrote:Regarding replacements, with the Unions preferred way if creating new regiment instead of filling up old ones, could that be modeled somehow?

Don't buy replacements and use the those resources to buy new regiments. :thumbsup:
"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."
-General William Barksdale at Fredericksburg

Pocus

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:14 pm

Patch updated to release candidate 9!

Prussia
Lieutenant

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:23 pm

Pocus wrote:Patch updated to release candidate 9!

Got it- Thank you

Prussia
Lieutenant

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:57 pm

The Missouri Brigade issue brought up recently, is still the same.

Notice some changes to Fort Picken's region and some interface changes... can't wait to delve into it.

Thanks Pocus.

WallysWorld
Captain

Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:13 pm

Thanks very much, Pocus.

But I noticed that the link in the first post still points to the RC8 download and not the new RC9 download.

I modified the download link to http://www.ageod-forum.com/downloads/latest/Patch_CW2_v1.05rc9.rarand the RC9 patch downloaded and installed. But the game is still showing RC8 from February 9th.

Prussia
Lieutenant

Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:38 pm

The system.opt file was not changed:

GameAcronym = CW2
GameVersion = 1.05 public beta RC8 (Feb9-2015)

Just go into the system.opt file with notepad and edit the listing to 1.05 public beta RC9 (Feb27-2015)

The exec is definitely different- about 10k larger in size. Plus other changes- UI changes as well.

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

CSA Industrialization in the Carolinas

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:21 pm

I am currently playing an April 61 campaign as the CSA in 1.04 and have noted on several occasions that the North Carolina and South Carolina industrial builds are inversed. I don't know if this has been brought to anyone's attention for I have not read about it.

An example, in the Department of Interior the "Build Armories and Arsenals in North Carolina" except upon closer examination all the armories and arsenals are being built in South Carolina. The opposite is true when it states, "in South Carolina" all the entities are being constructed in North Carolina.

It appears to be an error involving these two states on multiple occasions in the CSA industries. Maybe something to check if you have time. :sherlock:

Also the Armory built in Columbus, GA (Muscogee, GA) named Greenwood & Gray does not appear to properly note in the "Scripted Events".
Instead it reads "evt_nam_CSA_Georgia_ArmoryArsenal_GA12".

I know you have bigger issues. Just trying to help with observations.

Thank you. :hat:

WallysWorld
Captain

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:26 pm

Prussia wrote:The system.opt file was not changed:

GameAcronym = CW2
GameVersion = 1.05 public beta RC8 (Feb9-2015)

Just go into the system.opt file with notepad and edit the listing to 1.05 public beta RC9 (Feb27-2015)

Thanks for the tip.

13thnct
Conscript

Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:49 pm

I can confirm that the NC/SC industrialization problems have been around at least since 1.3. As someone who is from NC, (and like most good North Carolinian's finds South Carolina to be awful) this bug has always bothered me.

Pocus

Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:54 pm

I'll update the patch Monday with proper change to the version infos, sorry for the miss.

I believe I might have forgotten the Missouri brigade fix from Cpt Orso, I'll double check that too.

Captain_Orso

Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:16 pm

Yes sir, this happened to my fix: Image

Dortmund
Colonel

Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:35 pm

Turn 1, April 1861 as Confederates. I move the blockade runners from Charleston (Carolina Runners) to the "Atlantic Blockade" box, and they make a strange route: Charleston Bay - Carolinan coast - [color="#FF8C00"]North Atlantic Ocean[/color] - Atlantic Blockade. I think that they did a shorter route in the previous patch. :bonk:

The patch is the last one (1.05 RC 9).

Captain_Orso

Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:22 pm

The route the engine picks for you is always the shortest in time-to-travel. Check the coastal/ocean regions which would makeup the shortest route in distance and you should find that they, or some of them, have storms/blizzards in them.

If you really want your fleet to sail a specific route you will have to plot each region individually, one after the other.

Pick up your fleet with <Right-Click-Hold>.
Drag it to the next region, without dropping it yet.
Press <Shift> and now drop into the region.

Repeat until your fleet is plotted to reach the destination of your choosing.

Dortmund
Colonel

Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:58 pm

My god, I did'nt thought about the weather... Yes, that was the cause of the strange movement path. :wacko:

Thank you, captain!

Return to “Help improve CW2”