jmscar
Private

Install Issues - Steam and manual

Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:18 pm

I own all of the BoR and Alea titles. I had a PC mishap, and had to reinstall them all. I could not find the Alea disk, and my purchase of Alea was so old I was forced to repurchase. I bought it on Steam, so I wouldn't have the same issue again. I also couldn't find BoR disk, also too old to re-download, again, forced to repurchase, only it isn't on Steam.

So, I have Alea and BoR installed. When I tried to now load up HAN and Parthian Wars, it can not find the Steam Alea. AGHHH!

What do I need to do?

Thanks.

JMS

Franciscus

Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:32 pm

Hi

Sorry for your troubles.

I am not sure I understand exactly your problem, but will try to help

- I suppose you have your AJE Steam instalation and you can play AJE base scenario's in there without issue
- I also assume you have separate instalations of BOR and HAN, and you can play the respective scenarios without issue

In that case:
- you should apply the official BOR 1.04 patch and the HAN 1.01 patches, released today. AJE on Steam is already patched to latest 1.04. Afterwards, you should be able to see ALL the games' scenarios in either of the games' menus.
- Parthian Wars extension is not yet released on Steam. If you own it, though, there is a workaround: you can "install" it in some temporary folder and extract the respective .scn files to HAN Scens subfolder. In doing so, you will be able to play Parthian scenarios in HAN. You cannot do this on your Steam AJE, because I suppose Steam will delete them anyway.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask anything else.

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jmscar
Private

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:09 am

Thanks for the quick reply. I can not download the HAN and Parthian games, as there is no place for them to go. AJE on Steam does not seem give them a folder. It wants to add an update, which requires the AJE folder before installation.

So, I have Steam AJE, BoR but can not download the PAR and HAN games from CD.

Thanks.

JMS

Franciscus wrote:Hi

Sorry for your troubles.

I am not sure I understand exactly your problem, but will try to help

- I suppose you have your AJE Steam instalation and you can play AJE base scenario's in there without issue
- I also assume you have separate instalations of BOR and HAN, and you can play the respective scenarios without issue

In that case:
- you should apply the official BOR 1.04 patch and the HAN 1.01 patches, released today. AJE on Steam is already patched to latest 1.04. Afterwards, you should be able to see ALL the games' scenarios in either of the games' menus.
- Parthian Wars extension is not yet released on Steam. If you own it, though, there is a workaround: you can "install" it in some temporary folder and extract the respective .scn files to HAN Scens subfolder. In doing so, you will be able to play Parthian scenarios in HAN. You cannot do this on your Steam AJE, because I suppose Steam will delete them anyway.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask anything else.

Regards

Franciscus

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:50 am

Hi again

You cannot use your older installers to Install anything over Steam.

You should:
Install HAN with the installer you have on a separate folder, other than Steam, not via Steam
Use the workaround I described earlier to "install" PAR (ex: in C:\Fake_PAR instead of the default path sugested by the Parthian installer) and then copy paste the PAR .scn files (located in the folder where you "installed" them) to the Scens subfolder of your HAN game

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jmscar
Private

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:43 am

Thanks, I think that fixed it. Can I now safely delete the PAR folder as the scenario files are in another game?

JMS

Franciscus

Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:11 am

jmscar wrote:Thanks, I think that fixed it. Can I now safely delete the PAR folder as the scenario files are in another game?

JMS

Yes :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”