Pocus

Public Beta Patch 1.05 RC9 (February 27th update)

Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:15 pm

[B]Dear players,

Here is the latest candidate for the 1.05 CW2 patch, which is due in some time (around March 2015), this will let us fine tune and improve further the game!

http://www.ageod-forum.com/downloads/latest/Patch_CW2_v1.05rc9.rar

Here is the list of changes:

Patch 1.05 RC9
[/B]
How to update your game:
This patch is a comprehensive patch. It can upgrade to latest version any previous version of CW2.
This patch is save-compatible. This is a public beta patch. There should be no major adverse effects on ongoing games, but play it at your own risk though.

LIST OF CHANGES

Gameplay

Mescalero recruited by decision can only appear in New Mexico or Texas. (fixed from 1.04)
Improved ammos distribution in supply phase
Improved naval supply distribution
Fixed reversed battle plans
Revised and improved retreat logic for stacks
Stack in retreat or doing MTSG can't cross blockaded river or pass through 'front' because of ZOC.
Traffic rule (in work)
Leaders will only lose seniority on January 1st and July 1st, this should help for promotion potential.
Decisions and partisans can remove only one depot level per try.
Neutral Indians are now passive, should stop them from besieging or interfering with USA/CSA units.
There is a 25% chance that artillery manages to counter fire enemy artillery instead of firing on a frontline element.
Evasion value for stacks with leaders was erroneous in some cases
Impossible retreat because of too strong enemy in combat region fixed.
Besieged group can't escape besiegers with evade roll.
RC9: All Depots size can now be razed. Partisans’ decisions still raze only one depot level at a time. Level 1 cities can also be razed.
Leaders of different nations, for the same side, don't compete anymore in the same chain of command
Traffic rule improved

Interface

Faction history improvements
Can rename units with more characters than before
Improved battle report display
Added back random variation in display loss
Music sound volume can now be tweaked (inoMusicVolume in .opt file)
can't enter anymore (and erroneously) in structures not designed to handle sieges
when doing drag&drop, name of over region appears
can open saved game folder in Load Game Window, if doing a ctrl-click on the game icon
Fixed a display bug in region list leading to false infos
Innate supply production of a region is now shown in the first structure tooltip when checking structures by ctrl-click.
Also corrected supply and assets production not taking into account loyalty/alignment
better AB display in Forces & Units list, leaders sorted properly by name. Units ID sorted as expected (5th before 11st)
In Forces, Units, Regions listing, can scroll one page at a time with key up/down. Tooltip added to the scrollbar also.
Hitting Enter when renaming an unit closes the window
Attrition Loss stored for each stack and displayed as a single message at end of turn (includes weather and wear&tear)
Default music volume buffed up from 60 to 70% (can be changed with a text file edit).
Fixed several issues regarding battle report and reported hits.
Added missing mini buttons for the alternate ‘posture/ROE buttons’ display
Others stacks in a region are now listed with more details in the stack tooltip
losses of ships are now properly logged in the message panel
Forces listing: more orders for the 'order column'. Can now be sorted

Engine

Turn Loading time reduced by 40%. Turn processing time reduced by 10-15%.
Fix to the crash happening on new turn.
Fix to the crash happening on new turn.
Fix to a silent bug where some data were not updated correctly because of faster turn reloading.

AI

Several decisions are now using better AI (scorch earth, etc.)
AI: Improved Split Large Stacks
Ai fix on blockade run estimation

Modding / Script engine

Console can reliably be put back at the forefront
can use a cost of 0 in a given element subtype for depots and forts, means needing the presence without consumption
fix in script command: EvalBesieged

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Hegyytoportyan
Private

Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:01 pm

Yikes! :thumbsup:

minipol
General

Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:00 pm

Those are some nice improvements. I just started a new game with RC1, i'll quickly install RC2 :)

richfed

Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:09 pm

Thank you!

Barca
Private

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:25 pm

Thank you!

FelixZ
Major

Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:37 am

There is a 25% chance that artillery manages to counter fire enemy artillery instead of firing on a frontline element.

Does this apply to both artillery included within a division and individual artillery in a stack?

tripax
AGEod Veteran

Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:15 pm

FelixZ wrote:There is a 25% chance that artillery manages to counter fire enemy artillery instead of firing on a frontline element.

Does this apply to both artillery included within a division and individual artillery in a stack?

This change is really interesting - counter battery fire! Also it will increase the relative cost of holding artillery vs infantry.

Ace

Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:29 pm

The tooltip keeps vibrating between region info and unit info when I put cursor little to the right of the unit. It was bug in cw2.exe pre-rc1 version (retreat fix exe) that was fixed in rc1.
The casualties seem off. Look at the number of hits inflicted by CSA and men lost by USA in this screen:[ATTACH]32277[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2014-11-27_192551.png

Captain_Orso

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:00 pm

Ace wrote:The tooltip keeps vibrating between region info and unit info when I put cursor little to the right of the unit. It was bug in cw2.exe pre-rc1 version (retreat fix exe) that was fixed in rc1.

Calm down, take a drink of Bailey's and breathe deeply. Now has you hand stopped shaking? :thumbsup: .... :blink: .... Image

;)

Ace wrote:The casualties seem off. Look at the number of hits inflicted by CSA and men lost by USA in this screen:[ATTACH]32277[/ATTACH]

I think it's the casualties which Grant inflicted that are off. The number next to his heart is 27. At 10 men per hit that would be about 270 men.

Johnson scored 244 hits, which is pretty close to the men lost by Grant.

Ace

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:42 pm

It must something that makes bears don't like me.
I won't comment No1.
About No2, I thought each hit is 30 men. That would make bit USA and CSA casualties of the mark. But, it's only in this battle, in other battles the numbers appear normal. This was a quick test with Nostra game files - where we concluded RC1 has an issue with retreat prevention.

Highlandcharge

Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:08 pm

Is the counter battery fire going to be introduced into EAW?

Thanks

Merlin
General

Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:11 am

Pocus wrote:There is a 25% chance that artillery manages to counter fire enemy artillery instead of firing on a frontline element.

That's a massive shift in battle dynamics which will have large repercussions in general strategy and stack composition. This ought to be interesting. :evilgrin:

minipol
General

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:38 pm

If this means more destroyed guns, it's going to affect the CSA more the Union, which is historically correct I guess.
The union can produce more and so can take a lot more hits.
This will mean that managing your div/corps/army setup wil be more important. If you have good heavy guns, they will do more damage and withstand damage better.

tripax
AGEod Veteran

Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:35 pm

re: counter artillery fire - I'm curious how it is set up. I guess that it will work like this: when the battle is starting, the artillery are selected as SUs. During the ranged fight they will fire at the opposing artillery SUs. Heavy artillery has a longer range, so it might get to take a shot at lighter artillery before light artillery comes on line. I don't know how much cohesion a landed artillery on artillery hit will take and how likely counter artillery fire is to silence opposing artillery - I assume retreat from ranged fire is very successful as artillery rarely aimed at silent artillery. However, if a artillery element runs out of cohesion after taking counter battery fire and a battle is lost, it should be more likely that the element is captured.

Also, if I remember correctly, it is possible that non-artillery support units can be selected to take up frontage space, is this true? Could artillery randomly fire upon a supply wagon?

pgr
General of the Army

Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:37 pm

Counter battery.... Interesting.

Thanks for the retreat fix... I'm guessing that this addresses the problems mentioned in the "odd battle" thread.

richfed

Game Crash

Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:04 am

At conclusion of turn resolution this error occurred ... about 3 in succession, then "several errors" warning, and finally, crash to desktop.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

1861 April Campaign.zip
(809.81 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Indian exception.jpg
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

richfed

Display Oddity

Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:05 am

Sometimes, Regional Decision icons remain on the map after they have "resolved". Similarly, sometimes they don't appear right away, even though they are played. Example of the latter, is I have played the Telegraph decision in New Orleans and it doesn't immediately appear. After moving the map and then returning to NO later in the turn, it is there. Weird display issue.

Anyway, here is an oddity of the former. Cotton Bales was played the previous turn. After turn resolution, this is what appears [note the tooltip]:
Attachments
Icon Display.jpg
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

richfed

Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:58 am

... oh, and on the bright side ... turn resolution speed is so much faster!! Sometimes, it almost seems like nothing happens. Great!! Plus, battle issues seem better. Haven't had any large engagements yet, so I'm not sure, but, so far so good. And, I like the way the entrenchments are visually appearing on the map. That is, I think, that units with only light artillery or less have that transparent look.

pgr
General of the Army

Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:49 am

I'm guessing the version should show 1.05RC2 when loading (i have attempted to install twice, and I'm getting RC1...so I think I'm doing something wrong...)

Captain_Orso

Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:37 pm

I believe the Cotton Bails remain on the map until they have either been 'sold' per random event or you target them with Export Cotton Bails RGD, or something like that.

If you've played an RGD and it didn't fire the way you expected you should check the ScriptReport file for that turn to see why it failed, or upload it and I'll have a look.

richfed

Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:11 pm

No, Captain ... they display in the Regional Decision Panel in the way you describe. If you play one on the map [talking about Cotton Bales], they have always disappeared the next turn as you collect your 15 grand. Now, I am getting what I showed above.

Seaforth
Civilian

Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:20 pm

been playing the new beta release for a few days, running into a crash, log posted, seems to be related to Indians? Appears the game is saving fine and we are continuing to play. Not sure how to post the log file?

thanks

richfed

A new Error

Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:26 pm

First time I have seen this one. Game crashes to desktop. Apparently, a lot of fixin' to do on this patch!
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

1861 April Campaign.zip
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 176 times
Not on Main Map.jpg

Pocus

Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:41 am

I got no issue. I let the AIs do the current turn and it worked. Then I took backup1 and it worked. The AI was active and the battles were not specially bloody also.

So, either the latest changes I have on my side fixed the problems, or the problem is not repeatable. Can you try again and tell me if you get it and if yes, on which turn?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

richfed

Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:20 pm

On the next turn, the same error occurred. I stopped playing after that

DrPostman

Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:09 pm

I got a crash at the end of turn processing. When restarting the game the turn had
finished processing, it just crashed doing so. Save, log, and script report in zip. Prior
to applying 1.05RC2 I had no problems.
[ATTACH]32398[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]32397[/ATTACH]
Attachments
CW2crash.zip
(1.45 MiB) Downloaded 177 times
cw2crash.jpg
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

minipol
General

Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:05 pm

I have seen the errors at the end of the turn too.
Game is saved ok it seems.

DrPostman

Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:58 pm

Pocus says he found the bug and it's going to be fixed, in case those reading this
thread haven't seen where he replied about the bug.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:18 am

the question is when........

This is a single bug, maybe just a quick hotfix?

If it weren't a massive gamebreaking bug... :cursing: then it would be alright, but this is something that's pretty bad and I'm really hoping that we don't have to wait till the next RC or patch in order to stop our saves from crashing every other turn or so...... :nuts:
TEAW Beta Team

Pocus

Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:26 am

when is now, almost ;)

Return to “Help improve CW2”