Pocus

---> Patch 1.01 link, Readme and discussions <---

Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:16 pm

Dear players,

Surtur, already published here some nice informations about the first patch to End all Wars
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38221-To-End-All-Wars-gets-its-first-major-patch!&p=335870#post335870

To re-iterate, you can patch the game with the auto-updater or with a direct link:
ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/ToEndAllWars/ToEndAllWars-UpdateComp-v101.zip

The first patch is quite massive and is improving the game a lot. The readme in the patch is slightly trailing behind, but the actual content is fully up to date, so do not worry. The official patch is equivalent to the latest release candidate (RC9), in case you wonder. In red the most important entries, in yellow the additions of RC9, for people who followed the public beta patch version after version.

I suggest to use the default forum theme, with dark gray, or your eyes might bleed with the colors used otherwise!
This thread will be stickied in a few days, for now while it is active, it is better to keep it unsticked as it will stay on top and the focus of your comments, no doubts :neener:

LIST OF CHANGES

Gameplay

Grand Headquarter can have more armies.
TrenchLevel memory: If you have at least 50% military control, you can get the previous trenches of the region!
Improved supply in-stack distribution
Stacks helping others through MTSG will be placed back in their original region, even if in retreat. Posture will be defensive, not passive.
Stacks assaulting a structure and ordered to retreat will simply stop the attack.
stacks don't retreat from regions not having an offensive posture stack
Stack in retreat or doing MTSG can't cross blockaded river or pass through 'front' because of ZOC.
Leaders will only lose seniority on January 1st and July 1st, this should help for promotion potential.
Traffic rule (in work)
fix for RGDs & AI not playing some

Interface & engine

Decision cost added instantly to interface.
Fixed negative display loss in resources.
Fixed reversed battle plans effect display
Fixed bullets display in cityscape
Message panel opens on scenario start (allows seeing first red pop up)
Fixed resources costs display issue (gui game options)
Fixed crash in stack panel
Added back random variation in display loss
Commander in Chief indicator shown in Stack panel (in yellow and in tooltip on unit)
Music sound volume can now be tweaked (yeah!) - need editing a file though:
you can alter music volume by adding a value between 20 and 100 in UserInterface.opt
inoMusicVolume = 60 // music volume, default is 60
Tooltips are shown in hosting if battle report or planner visible
Can see up to 20 nation tags in recruit panel
Regions list show ammo amounts only in the supply column
Supply filter (2) improved
Fixed railpool value disappearing if at the low level
Flag shown during an ongoing battle will be the one of the Commander in chief.
Fixed a display glitch in message panel
Battle planner improvements:
Day of battle shown
Colored, more detailed battle plans description with advice
Terrain tooltip shown on terrain icon
Up to 3 leaders (the most important ones) per side shown, with tooltip indicating their command
% of your troops (and number of elements) in infantry, cavalry, artillery, tank. Same for the enemy.
Most preeminent posture shown for you and enemy. If low cohesion, special indicator.
In Ledger, Unit List, units under construction are now shown as fixed.
Enlarged Event window for better readability
New option (Main Menu/Options/Media Tab) to get back the old postures/ROE buttons
Equipment captured during battle traced in turn history
can't enter anymore (and erroneously) in structures not designed to handle sieges
when doing drag&drop, name of over region appears
Added 2 moddings options for script command AlterCuSubUnit : SetSupplyPerc & SetAmmoPerc
can open saved game folder in Load Game Window, if doing a ctrl-click on the game icon
Fixed a display bug in region list leading to false infos
Ammo trains gauge now displays ... ammos!
Innate supply production of a region is now shown in the first structure tooltip when checking structures by ctrl-click.
Also corrected supply and assets production not taking into account loyalty/alignment
Tooltip background rectangle can have color and opacity changed by modding
better AB display in Forces & Units list, leaders sorted properly by name. Units ID sorted as expected (5th before 11st)
Console can reliably be put back at the forefront
Penetration displayed in element details.
In Forces, Units, Regions listing, can scroll one page at a time with key up/down. Tooltip added to the scrollbar also.

Historical setting, data and events

Fix for weird off map naval moves in the Atlantic Ocean
Events to cover arrival of US forces in France.

Added AI events for key landings (Basra, Dardanelles, Riga Gulf, Finland)
Exported 2 new scenarios (West 1914, East 1914) for further testing – please provide feedback
Spanish translation included: many thanks to Picaron and Haplo for their precious help
German translation included: many thanks to Dominic and Gerd for their precious help
More ammos on units, revised artillery usage and power
Reintroduced the Baltic Shipping box as a shipping/commerce offmap box, for supplies and trade
17 new Russian generals (with their pictures) added + fix to 5 other Russian generals
Fixed missing RR links in southern Finland (Helsinki-Lovisa-Kotka)
Added Events for Japanese siege and assault on Tsingtau (only if Japan joins the entente)
Added Events for heavy warships 1914 under construction (GER, FRA, RUS and AUS)
Fixed double generals (Artamonov at start, Sarrail when Salonika option taken)
All 3*** leaders CombatDeathChance set back to 0, to avoid losing a GHQ commander from a stray bullet...
NavalBase / TradePort: SupplyWant & AmmoWant level increased (3 to 8)
Islands and off-map regions local supplies increased, should help fix Singapore or Helgoland issues
Army_GER_Riemann : file named erroneous, now fixed (added correctly named file)
Leader Savov (BUL) missing pictures added + Fixed errors in other portraits
Added more corps names for factions to avoid blank names when exceeding the 100 mark.

AI

SplitLargeStacks anti doomstack algorithm
AI better at buying replacements and units
AI Agents will be less predictable
Tweaked AI so that commerce ships stay much more in commerce box

AI less prone in retreating into structures in regions part of the front.
Initial AI agents removed after 4 turns
AI Agent infos on stack tooltip (debug mode only)
Less recombination per turn
AI help to construction of Anzac and Indian troops to Egypt
AI will focus less on Antwerp
AI will calculate fronts faster
Ai fix on blockade run estimation

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

DrPostman

Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:22 pm

Might want to sticky this.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Pocus

Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:26 pm

Not right now. My belief is that an active non-stickied thread is more visible than a sticky one. If this thread sinks in the forum, I'll sticky it.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

DrPostman

Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:45 pm

Pocus wrote:Not right now. My belief is that an active non-stickied thread is more visible than a sticky one. If this thread sinks in the forum, I'll sticky it.

Understood. Makes sense.

chemkid
Private

Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:34 pm

Last edited by chemkid on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PJL
Lieutenant

Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:40 pm

Just a question about v1.01 - should there be an option for 'traffic' in the options menu, or that a beta only release? Mine shows this, but someone whom I'm playing PBEM with doesn't, even though he say's he's got v1.01 installed though.
Nico - Icon

'From without a thousand cycles
A thousand cycles to come
A thousand times to win
A thousand ways to run the world'
- Nico, 'Frozen Warnings'

Nico165
Lieutenant

Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:27 am

Just wanted to mention that with this patch, waiting time between turns fell from 10-11 minutes to 6-7 minutes (with give AI more time checked). It is one full hour won for one year of gameplay.

If other improvements come with next patch, it will become very interesting !

Action Andy
Civilian

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:30 pm

Enjoying it so far, bit of a change from AACW!

Pocus

Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:02 am

There was indeed some improvements in hosting time. I might have forgot about that I was not too sure it affected EAW as much as the other game we are developing ;)

Traffic rule: This is still in development, it works, but is affecting cohesion not movement rate. I'm not too sure it does not appear in 1.01 though.

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:21 am

Pocus wrote:There was indeed some improvements in hosting time. I might have forgot about that I was not too sure it affected EAW as much as the other game we are developing ;)

Traffic rule: This is still in development, it works, but is affecting cohesion not movement rate. I'm not too sure it does not appear in 1.01 though.

Does everyone have the 'traffic' option since 1.01?? I don't see it anywhere, but I updated manually from the AGEOD site. My opponent in our PBEM I believe updated through Steam and he has a 'traffic' option on the menu... is there a difference in 1.01 versions (Steam vs. non-Steam)?
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:20 pm

I downloaded with auto updater and show the traffic option as strUITraffic under the game options.

Taillebois
General of the Army

Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:24 pm

Glad the posture buttons are back, perhaps they will re-appear in CW2 soon too.

The East Prussia scenario shows the text "strTannenberVC_EN1" when you mouse over the entente side

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:33 pm

oldspec4 wrote:I downloaded with auto updater and show the traffic option as strUITraffic under the game options.

What does it do anyway?
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Matto
Colonel

Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Taillebois wrote:Glad the posture buttons are back, perhaps they will re-appear in CW2 soon too.

The East Prussia scenario shows the text "strTannenberVC_EN1" when you mouse over the entente side

I have the same ... my opponets use Steam version and are without this ...
Napoleon days in Austerlitz 2011 - photo gallery
My Czech pages agout AGEOD: AGEOD games, RoP AAR - Prussian side
My AGEOD games: WoN, TYW, EAW, CW2, AJE, PoN, NCP, ROP Gold, RUS Gold and BOA2

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:06 pm

ajarnlance wrote:What does it do anyway?

I believe that it impacts on movement efficiency but I (we all) need some additional detail from the developer on this. I currently have it set to the lowest setting and have seen messages referring to it, particularly Serbian troop movements.

DrPostman

Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:16 pm

It brings in the effect of traffic jams when moving large numbers of troops through
a region. It reduces their coherency.

Taillebois
General of the Army

Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:54 pm

Something strange about the music, fine and loud during load but then drops to inaudible even though it says it is playing tracks.

Ebbingford

Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:29 am

Pocus wrote:There was indeed some improvements in hosting time. I might have forgot about that I was not too sure it affected EAW as much as the other game we are developing ;)

You're not going to give us any more of a hint then? :cool:
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Pocus

Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:44 am

This deals with loading the host file.

Nico165
Lieutenant

Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:03 am

Pocus wrote:This deals with loading the host file.

He was not talking about the improvements in hosting time ;)

Pocus

Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:41 pm

Ah, but the subject of the next game is rather known I believe. It was leaked back in the HOW convention this summer.

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:56 pm

Pocus wrote:Ah, but the subject of the next game is rather known I believe. It was leaked back in the HOW convention this summer.

It was a well contained leak... I don't think most of us have heard it. Let me guess anyway: NAPOLEON'S CAMPAIGNS 2 ???!!! :w00t:

Action Andy
Civilian

Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Watched with horror as a soundtrack appeared to block my liberation of Brussells, fortunately the new patch kicked in, much to the BEF's good fortune and it dispersed one turn later. Phew!

Pocus

Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:26 am

I see someone at least has been vigilant!

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:13 am

Pocus wrote:I see someone at least has been vigilant!

Je ne comprend pas... excuse my bad french but is that a confirmation of a future Nap Camp. 2 release??

Pocus

Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:19 pm

yes it is and I have confirmation that we can discuss it. A new forum will roll in very soon, with a more official statement :)

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:46 pm

Pocus wrote:yes it is and I have confirmation that we can discuss it. A new forum will roll in very soon, with a more official statement :)

vive le empereur!! vive la france!! that is fantastic news Pocus!! With the new map and a grander scope like EAW this will be the best AGEOD game ever.... i am thrilled!! you made my year!! Bon chance to the fantastic development team as you embark on this ambitious project!!

Can you confirm Pocus: will there be a GRAND CAMPAIGN this time???

agv
Private

Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:44 am

Great patch, keep them coming!

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:13 pm

Pocus wrote:yes it is and I have confirmation that we can discuss it. A new forum will roll in very soon, with a more official statement :)

Pocus, you made my day!

elxaime
General

Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:32 am

I have to say, I like the elegance and simplicity of the diplomatic system in EAW. I think it could accommodate the Napoleonic era quite well. The players have a set of choices but there is a random element and also some events and player initiatives that come at a cost.

Return to “To End All Wars”