Tibetan Monk
Conscript

Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:19 pm

No issues with tooltips here. It's still delayed as it should be.

Le Ricain

Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:39 pm

Playing as WE in RC8, I think that the CP AI needs more work.

in RC8 game the Germans reduced the fortresses of Liege and Namur, which 1.00 Germans were unable to do. The AI was able to get von Bulow and Kluck around my left flank and off to Paris they headed. Unfortunately, they do not establish a supply route and are easily cut off when the British reinforcements arrive in Boulogne.

The AI does not give up and launches an attack on Douai and pierces the allied line. For good measure, the Germans also attack and capture Sedan. In Belgium, the WE are unable to close the hole, but the Germans have a corridor to connect with the isolated stacks in Amiens. This is all very exciting and nail biting times trying to contain two German attacks.

All the Germans have to do is move the isolated stacks to Peronne to establish supply and contact. However, the next turn the Germans pull back to a line stretching from Bruxelles to Gent, leaving Kluck and von Bulow to their fate. To make matters worse, the Germans abandon Sedan.

The German hook around the left flank needs to maintain supply.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

Le Ricain

Ctd- rc08

Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:02 pm

Playing as the WE in Historic 1914 CG, I have received a repeatable CTD. Log and Saved Game attached.
Attachments
2 - The Guns of August0.rar
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 180 times

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

Highlandcharge

Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:06 pm

Hi there Le Ricain, I cant seem to recreate your crash, the turn processes ok for me...

Le Ricain

Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:56 pm

Highlandcharge wrote:Hi there Le Ricain, I cant seem to recreate your crash, the turn processes ok for me...

It crashed during the second battle resolution of the British army in Belgium. Let me try it again...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Le Ricain

Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:54 pm

Highlandcharge wrote:Hi there Le Ricain, I cant seem to recreate your crash, the turn processes ok for me...

Thanks, Highland. You are correct. The problem seems to have fixed itself.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

rwglaub
Civilian

Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:54 am

downloaded the latest RC8 and there is no inoMusicVolume line in the general.opt file.

Pocus

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:38 am

Search in display.opt or userinterface.opt if it is not there, then the default value of 60 is used. If you want another one, add inoMusicVolume = XX to general.opt

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

clandini5
Corporal

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:55 am

Hello rwlaub, I had the same issue and under Pocus's guidance I found it in the userinterface.opt in the Miscellaneous section.

elxaime
General

Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:00 pm

Just curious and no rush - but what is a general expected ETA for the final release of this patch? I am starting a PBEM, but sometimes a later version requires a restart to take advantage of the changes. If it will be a month or so more, then we might as well get some play experience. But if its a matter of days, we might decide to just wait.

Advise.

Searry
Colonel

Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:30 pm

elxaime wrote:Just curious and no rush - but what is a general expected ETA for the final release of this patch?

Same here.
The game isn't that enjoyable with it's weird problems right now. It feels like you're fighting against the game, not your PBEM opponent.

Highlandcharge

Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:31 pm

Searry have you tried the latest beta? The official patch will probably not be much different...

Templer
General

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:27 pm

[color="#FFFF00"]Public beta Patch 1.01 RC8 (upd oct 14)[/color]
The tooltip delay setting in 'options' don't work anymore. :(
Greetings
Templer

RGA
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:19 pm

Templer wrote:[color="#FFFF00"]Public beta Patch 1.01 RC8 (upd oct 14)[/color]
The tooltip delay setting in 'options' don't work anymore. :(

I have this issue as well, wasn't sure if it was just me.

AndrewKurtz

Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:23 pm

New patch up...

Highlandcharge

Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:12 pm

I was hoping for a fix for the winter attrition problem :(

Kensai

Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:52 pm

9th release candidate... hopefully the last although that traffic rule might need another RC to be certain. Can't wait to start a PBEM! :)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Highlandcharge

Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:53 pm

What does the traffic rule entail?

Nico165
Lieutenant

Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:29 pm

Highlandcharge wrote:What does the traffic rule entail?

Same question !

elxaime
General

Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:32 pm

Nico165 wrote:Same question !

Ditto and can someone also explain what problem this fix means to solve:

"...stacks don't retreat from regions not having an offensive posture stack..."

I am also wondering if this means a change in the long-time mechanic whereby a stack defaults to attack posture in regions where the enemy has greater than 50 percent MC. Otherwise, this could lead to some real problems.

Presently, when an attack has failed, the attacker often heaves a sigh of relief that his forces are retreating out of the targeted region. That means they avoid continuing disastrous failed attacks, as depleted and low morale attackers default to offensive posture. As long-time players know, these "slow motion massacres" are all too common whereby an attacker is "stuck" trying to get away, losing tens of thousands of men and many NM.

At first blush not having to retreat unless the enemy goes over to the attack and pushes you out sounds like a great thing. But if you have to stay in offensive posture, then it worsens the "slow motion massacre" issue, as everyone is pinned in place.

You might be able to avoid this if forces followed orders to retreat out of the region. But all too often simply what happens is that a battle results where maybe your defeated attackers retreat and maybe they retreat in a direction you want them too.

So what's the deal? Is the switch to offensive posture in regions with enemy MC also being changed?

Highlandcharge

Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:18 pm

Anybody, was the excessive winter attrition fixed?

And what is the new traffic rule about?

Cheers

elxaime
General

Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:22 pm

Highlandcharge wrote:Anybody, was the excessive winter attrition fixed?

And what is the new traffic rule about?

Cheers

From the ACW2 forums, where this is also part of their latest beta patch:

"Also, traf rules, this is still in testing, it's movement frontage. If too many troops pass through single region they will loose some cohesion due to congested roads. But, the effects are still in testing..."

Highlandcharge

Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:05 pm

Is it just me or are the penetration values on the unit cards all saying zero even for the heavy artillery and lvl 2 field artillery?

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:35 pm

Highlandcharge wrote:Is it just me or are the penetration values on the unit cards all saying zero even for the heavy artillery and lvl 2 artillery?

Yep..all zero for me too.

Ace

Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:29 am

elxaime wrote:From the ACW2 forums, where this is also part of their latest beta patch:

"Also, traf rules, this is still in testing, it's movement frontage. If too many troops pass through single region they will loose some cohesion due to congested roads. But, the effects are still in testing..."

We suggested it in beta to encourage players and the AI to spread its stacks. Under new rule, if too many troops start to move through a single region, they will start to loose cohesion if the province infrastructure can't hold all that traffic. It will also discourage players to build mega stacks and rail them all over the front...

This is in theory, we will see if it will need fine tuning :) ...

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:25 am

Ace wrote:We suggested it in beta to encourage players and the AI to spread its stacks. Under new rule, if too many troops start to move through a single region, they will start to loose cohesion if the province infrastructure can't hold all that traffic. It will also discourage players to build mega stacks and rail them all over the front...

This is in theory, we will see if it will need fine tuning :) ...

If this works properly it should create more of a continuous line of trenches on the western front. Glad to see this issue being addressed :)
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:34 am

elxaime wrote:Ditto and can someone also explain what problem this fix means to solve:

"...stacks don't retreat from regions not having an offensive posture stack..."

I am also wondering if this means a change in the long-time mechanic whereby a stack defaults to attack posture in regions where the enemy has greater than 50 percent MC. Otherwise, this could lead to some real problems.

Presently, when an attack has failed, the attacker often heaves a sigh of relief that his forces are retreating out of the targeted region. That means they avoid continuing disastrous failed attacks, as depleted and low morale attackers default to offensive posture. As long-time players know, these "slow motion massacres" are all too common whereby an attacker is "stuck" trying to get away, losing tens of thousands of men and many NM.

At first blush not having to retreat unless the enemy goes over to the attack and pushes you out sounds like a great thing. But if you have to stay in offensive posture, then it worsens the "slow motion massacre" issue, as everyone is pinned in place.

You might be able to avoid this if forces followed orders to retreat out of the region. But all too often simply what happens is that a battle results where maybe your defeated attackers retreat and maybe they retreat in a direction you want them too.

So what's the deal? Is the switch to offensive posture in regions with enemy MC also being changed?

I understand your point about armies getting stuck. But I wonder if your comment "slow motion massacre" isn't actually a good description of what really happened in the war... both sides stuck slugging it out with horrific casualties...

Has anyone been able to replicate what happened at Verdun in the game?? Both sides feeding thousands of men into a meat grinder for months... haven't played much yet so I'm interested to see what people are experiencing.
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Kensai

Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:14 am

ajarnlance wrote:If this works properly it should create more of a continuous line of trenches on the western front. Glad to see this issue being addressed :)

As long as the AI learns how to take advantage of it. A PBEM game on the other hand rarely has this problem as the human players are more capable of holding lines.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

picaron

Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:48 pm

ajarnlance wrote:I understand your point about armies getting stuck. But I wonder if your comment "slow motion massacre" isn't actually a good description of what really happened in the war... both sides stuck slugging it out with horrific casualties...

Has anyone been able to replicate what happened at Verdun in the game?? Both sides feeding thousands of men into a meat grinder for months... haven't played much yet so I'm interested to see what people are experiencing.

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

bjmorgan
Corporal

Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:48 pm

I am also having repeated crash problems with 09.
Attachments
Crash.zip
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 158 times

Return to “Help improve EAW”