H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:43 pm

Another thing. Note the WE only VP per turn. I'm only 1 less than the CP. The WE is earning 139 points per turn and the CP is earning 140 points per turn. Pretty soon, I'll be getting more per turn.

[ATTACH]30535[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Turn - Late Feb - 1916 - Objectives screen.jpg
To End All Wars AAR in the War Room. Join us as we laugh, we cry, we drink beer, and we joke on how badly I play......

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?36936-To-End-All-Wars-AAR-Western-Entente-against-the-AI-of-Central-Powers!

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Early March 1916

Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:47 pm

A few battles and the Egyptian theater heats up.

[ATTACH]30542[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30543[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30544[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Turn - Early Mar - 1916 - Egypt theater.jpg
Turn - Early Mar - 1916 - Battle of El Arish.jpg
Turn - Early Mar - 1916 - Battle of El Arish 2.jpg
To End All Wars AAR in the War Room. Join us as we laugh, we cry, we drink beer, and we joke on how badly I play......

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?36936-To-End-All-Wars-AAR-Western-Entente-against-the-AI-of-Central-Powers!

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:04 pm

In Early Mar 1916, The Germans get a boost to the Storm Troopers units....

[ATTACH]30545[/ATTACH]

Italian Front - I think in the NW part of this front there seems to be a real weakness that I can exploit, if I can get Trento to capitulate. On the East side, the Armee Des Alpes is going to move to Gorizia and the corps already there will move back. Eventually, I expect the Armee Des Alpes to move South to Trieste, designated by the red dotted arrow.

[ATTACH]30546[/ATTACH]

On the West Front, I am going to move Foch to Koeln. Foch is the 1083 power formation currently with a train icon. I want Koeln before I move any further.

[ATTACH]30547[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Turn - Early Mar - 1916 - West front.jpg
Turn - Early Mar - 1916 - Italian front.jpg
Turn - Early Mar - 1916 - Rohrs battalion.jpg

Templer
General

A great 'good night' reading in bed and a good advertisement for the game

Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:13 pm

I like your AAR very much.
A great 'good night' reading in bed and a good advertisement for the game.
Keep going! :thumbsup:
Greetings
Templer

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:39 am

Templer wrote:I like your AAR very much.
A great 'good night' reading in bed and a good advertisement for the game.
Keep going! :thumbsup:

Will do!! Thanks for reading!

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Late March 1915

Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:14 am

Not much at all.

The Rasputin Event fired.

[ATTACH]30558[/ATTACH]

And for planning for Early April, Foch will assault Kolen since he is active. I have at least a 3 to 1 advantage. This should go fairly well, I hope.

[ATTACH]30559[/ATTACH]

Several units finished up this turn, and the first tank units are almost to the front lines. We'll see what they can do. I think Foch and Allenby will get them and maybe a few more artillery.
Attachments
Turn Late Mar 1916 - planning Foch assaults Koeln.jpg
Turn Late Mar 1916 - Rasputin.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:05 am

Early April 1916 Results
=================

Good and bad, mostly good.

Assault on Koeln - major victory. I finally received some NM for a land battle. I am sure it is because I completely eliminated all these elements. I received 2 NM for this won. Good job, Monsieur Foch!!

[ATTACH]30560[/ATTACH]

In Egypt, we have taken Gaza from the Turks. I have been trying to avoid battle with TE Lawrence, but even with him on evade, he was still in 2 battles and was almost wiped out. I have to get him somewhere safe.

[ATTACH]30561[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30562[/ATTACH]

I fund artillery and tank research. I'm moving the JTF to the blockade box. I have been overlooking it, probably a bad move, but a fleet only stays in that box maybe 2 turns and their power rating goes to zero.

On the Italian Front, I am going to keep advancing as long as I can. I'm very close to Innsbruck and The Austrians don't seem able to arrest my Northward advances.

[ATTACH]30563[/ATTACH]

On the West Front, I am going to allow Foch to rest this turn then I plan on an advance towards Kassel as indicated by the orange dashed arrow. The CP does not seem to be able to cover all areas of this front and I am not going to not take advantage of what seems to be a hole in the line.

[ATTACH]30564[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Turn - Early April 1916 - WF movements.jpg
Turn - Early April 1916 - Italian Front movement for next turn.jpg
Turn - Early April 1916 - Battle of Maan.jpg
Turn - Early April 1916 - Battle of Gaza.jpg
Turn - Early April 1916 - Assault of Koeln.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Early April/ Late April 1916 movements planning

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:11 am

And I am going to move Castelnau SE and try and take Saarbourg. The only formation that could truly threaten Morhange is the 1700+ formation in Metz, and I don't think he's abandoning Metz any time soon. If he did, I would feel like that was a mistake giving up the fortification/entrenchment at the Fort of Metz, so yeah, he'll probably stay put.

[ATTACH]30565[/ATTACH]

And then I am using naval transport to transfer a corps of British troops to the Salonika region. It almost seems uncontested there. The corps consists of 3 infantry divisions and 1 tanks corps. They will be commanded by a nondescript 999 general named J. Gellibrand.
Attachments
Turn - Early April 1916 - Castelnau movements.jpg

Lynxyonok
AGEod Veteran

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:52 am

When using fleets consider keeping them in defensive posture. Their cohesion drops slower. Another trick is to have 2 fleets trading places every couple of months.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:04 am

Ok, Early May results then planning for Late May.....

Battle of Gaza

[ATTACH]30619[/ATTACH]

And the Egypt Theater......TE Lawrence seems like he might finally get out of there. Good for him. I had a chance earlier to make a cautious move and opted for the riskier move up the Eastern side of those mountains, and it cost me about 4 losses in battles. None of them cost me NM, but TE Lawrence's army is basically non-existent, kind of like right after the intermission in the movie Lawrence of Arabia. Just pretend they all went "home for the season". Even the Howietat....

I hope this doesn't cause any issues. Not for commercial use! I am not making any money off of this!! The real Sheikh Abu Tayi

[ATTACH]30621[/ATTACH]

And the Egypt theater.....

[ATTACH]30622[/ATTACH]

Theater of Salonika with movements indicated by yellow circle around unit and yellow arrow for moves planned for Late May 1916. The English corps arrived safely, thankfully.

[ATTACH]30623[/ATTACH]

And then the Italian Theater with 3 sieges ongoing at Trento, Sachsenberg, and Gorizia.....

[ATTACH]30624[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Turn - Late May 1916 Italian front.jpg
Turn - Late May 1916 Salonika.jpg
Turn - Late May 1916 Egypt theater.jpg
Turn - Late May 1916 Abu.jpg
Turn - Late May 1916 Battle of Gaza.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Late May 1916 - Planning/Theaters...

Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:15 am

And then there was the West Front.....

I am moving Foch to Duisberg. Foch's power rating is at 1210 and he has an armor brigade to help. He's fully supplied and there is an 1100 power or so formation walled up in Duisberg. The last time I tried this I didn't go in with enough power and I was forced out. Foch has kind of become my French "go to" commander, as Allenby has become my "go to" British commander. Allenby is still a Dusseldorf. I'm railing up a supply unit to him so he'll have 4 and the ability to build a depot. The British army under FM Lord will move NW one region into the forest and will start moving toward the strategic city of Kassel. Lord looks like a pretty cool dude.

[ATTACH]30625[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30626[/ATTACH]

As for West Front - South.... Not much. Castelnau is sieging Saarbourg..... the rest pretty much hunker down....

[ATTACH]30628[/ATTACH]

Other notes:

USA is now 72% lean to WE.
I am moving the Grand Fleet into the blockade box...
I am transporting another Corps of about 450 power from England...
I have ordered about 7 French regular divisions and 2 or 3 medium artilleries.

Objectives and NM.......Notice how I am now getting more VPs on my own as WE compared to the CP, I think. I hope that is how it works.

[ATTACH]30629[/ATTACH]

We shot down about 200 recon airplanes. Seems like a lot per turn.....We'll take a look at the experience my fighters have accumulated next turn. We may have an ace in the formations by now. Seems like we would,.
Attachments
Turn - Late May 1916 Objectives.jpg
Turn - Late May 1916 WF South.jpg
Turn - Late May 1916 WF North.jpg
Turn - Late May 1916 FM Lord.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:47 am

Results of Late May 1916 turn.
========================

I'm a little bit miffed. Battle of Eilat..... TE Lawrence is supposed to be this adept raider god, and I have him on full retreat, and he has only been able to escape from battle one time without actually fighting. About 7 other times, he has been forced to fight and now he has been completely wiped out. I've been having him run since the first time he was caught, and these bigger, slower formations are able to catch him and able to make him fight. That seems a little off.

[ATTACH]30631[/ATTACH]

But, then this battle happened. Duisberg. Foch. 1 French Commander (Well, actually there were more, but it sounds better), a harsh German opposing commander. 2 Commanders, 1 outcome. French Victoire!!!! Vive Le France!!

[ATTACH]30632[/ATTACH]

Duisberg netted me another NM point. But I lost 1 due to war weariness. I'm treading water on NM points. The CP is sinking.

Battle of the North Adriatic. This was almost a disaster.

[ATTACH]30633[/ATTACH]

Battle of Kavala - Salonika region (NE of Greece). This was a victory.

[ATTACH]30634[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Turn - Late May 1916 Battle of Kavala.jpg
Turn - Late May 1916 Adriatic Sea.jpg
Turn - Late May 1916 Battle of Duisberg.jpg
Turn - Late May 1916 Battle of Eilat.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:05 am

Here is a shot of one of the more experienced airplane wings

[ATTACH]30635[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Turn - Late May 1916 airplanes experience.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Turns - Well, I only got 2 turns in.....

Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:03 am

The turns seemed to run longer for me tonight. I was only able to do 2 turns. It also has something to do with the fact that I have basically 5 fronts...

West Front - North
West Front - South
Italian Front
Balkan/Salonika Front
Egyptian Front

So, that takes a little more planning. Every time I think I am finished, I think of one more thing and I go off to do it. Then many times I take a screenshot of it.

I really feel that yes, I took default settings and that according to PhilThib once, means that those are fairly easy settings. So, I think I'll probably end up winning a major victory.

If you noticed on the Objectives screens, my power relative to the CP is getting better by a lot, somewhat quickly. The CP is only 107 power compared to me, and it has yet to make Russia capitulate. Russia has about 67 power, so that makes combined entente 167 to 107. That's a lot better than a few turns ago. I have gotten a little more aggressive on buying divisions and artillery units. If I don't make too many stupid mistakes, my power for just the WE should overtake the CP soon.

That last battle at Duisberg really diminished the CP power number overall. Attrition may be really affecting CP at this point, since they have lost 2 million men. Plus they have a 1700 power stack tied up at Metz and it will probably sit there for the war. I'd love to free up my formations pinning it down, but even without those units, I think I'll do very well.

If I get to Kassel, then Berlin is only about 4 more regions away. If I was the CP and the WE was that close to Berlin, I'd be sweating bullets. I think Belgium and Holland will be completely spared from fighting in this war. I'm sure they wish that had been the case in both WW1 and WW2!!!

If the USA enters the war, then my power will be so much more than the CP I'll win fairly quickly, I believe. They need to get off the pot!

If you followed me this far, it's just a little more. I know the lower settings might make you think, "Ehh, why read this?" But, I can tell you playing my first time, it has been a challenge to know where to go and what to do.

Thanks for reading so far!!

Yushal
Conscript

Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:55 am

Settings shmettings...

What is it, El-Awrence? Is it the blood? I tell you, the desert has dried up more blood than you could think of!

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:06 pm

Yushal wrote:Settings shmettings...

What is it, El-Awrence? Is it the blood? I tell you, the desert has dried up more blood than you could think of!

Thy mother mated with a scorpion!

(Auda was my favorite character in this movie. He had the best lines.)

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:17 am

Early June 1916
===========

We had a few battles, nothing spectacular. On the Italian front, we lost the battle of Innsbruck. They tricked me into attacking, thought it was lightly defended but they moved some troops in and countered my attack.

[ATTACH]30702[/ATTACH]

Battles of East Africa. JC Smuts is on the move again. 2 battles first was a stalemate and the 2nd was a win. Damn look at the stats on that German commander.

[ATTACH]30703[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30704[/ATTACH]

The last thing is the Easter Uprising in Ireland. I have a fairly strong force there so I won't have to do much. It's a pain.

[ATTACH]30705[/ATTACH]

The other thing that worries me is I am at 65% nonrebels in both France and England which means 35% rebels. I am unsure the best way to counteract this....Edit: I played concessions. I hope that helps it.
Attachments
Turn - Early June - 1916 - Easter uprising.jpg
Turn - Early June - 1916 - Battle of East Africa 2.jpg
Turn - Early June - 1916 - Battle of East Africa.jpg
Turn - Early June - 1916 - Battle of Innsbruck.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:10 am

Late June 1916
===========

A few battles. We keep advancing with Foch. He's just unstoppable for the foreseeable future.

[ATTACH]30706[/ATTACH]

Next up..... General Lord is defeated as he moves toward Kassel.....

[ATTACH]30707[/ATTACH]

Trieste. Seems like a minor battle. We won.

[ATTACH]30708[/ATTACH]

And last battle....

[ATTACH]30709[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Turn - Late June - 1916 - East Africa.jpg
Turn - Late June - 1916 - Trieste.jpg
Turn - Late June - 1916 - Marburg.jpg
Turn - Late June - 1916 - Wesel.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Early July 1916 Fronts.....

Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:26 am

West Front - North. Foch is going to attack Dortmund in Early July. Allenby is going to move up as well. They are both supposed to get there at 5 days. Let's see if that works.

[ATTACH]30710[/ATTACH]

West Front - South. If Castelnau ever activates I'll assault Saarbourg. But he is on his own timetable, I suppose.

[ATTACH]30711[/ATTACH]

Italian Front - I have been building artillery and adding them to the stacks sieging cities. One of these days one of them will activate and I'll be able to assault, maybe.

[ATTACH]30712[/ATTACH]

Salonika Front - I have another corps coming from England. When it does, I'll use it to attack NE towards Constantinople.

[ATTACH]30713[/ATTACH]

Egypt Front - I have that one formation of Turks floating around. It consists of 3 cavalry brigades or divisions. I doubt it can stand up to any of my corps.

[ATTACH]30714[/ATTACH]

NM

WE 93
EE 75
CP 49

I hope their NM starts going down again.
Attachments
Turn - Late June - 1916 - Egypt theater.jpg
Turn - Late June - 1916 - Salonika Front.jpg
Turn - Late June - 1916 - Italian Front.jpg
Turn - Late June - 1916 - WF South.jpg
Turn - Late June - 1916 - WF North.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:22 am

I think I skipped a turn.

It's OK. We had a huge battle in Dortmund that we won. Losses 48K for me, 52K for CP.

We won a battle in Gaza - we won 1 NM for that.

Several other minor battles. I'm assaulting Tresto this next turn.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

TE Lawrence is active

Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:35 am

[ATTACH]30715[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Turn - Early July - 1916 - TE Lawrence.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:57 am

Late July 1916 Results
=================

I assaulted Trento in Italy. It gained me 2 NM. It was very much in doubt and the red/green lines jumped all around, even though I outnumbered the defenders 3 to 1 most of the time and then at the end, I outnumbered them by more than 20 to 1, and it still said they had a chance to win. It's still not in my hands, but it seems that only a supply wagon is inside the fortress at this point. If I had anyone that could assault, I'm sure it would be in my hands this turn. It might surrender at this point, as well. I'll sure be glad to free up that formation for more attacks North. Note all the eliminated elements.

[ATTACH]30716[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30717[/ATTACH]

Small other battles.....

[ATTACH]30718[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30719[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30720[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Turn - Late Jul 1916 East Africa.jpg
Turn - Late Jul 1916 Gorizia.jpg
Turn - Late Jul 1916 Klagenfurt.jpg
Turn - Late Jul 1916 Trento 2.jpg
Turn - Late Jul 1916 Trento.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Early August 1916 - Planning and thoughts....

Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:10 am

In this turn Castelnau will finally assault Saarbourg. This is on the West Front in the south, if you remember.

In this turn, my other British corps will finally land in the Salonika front.

In the Egypt theater, it looks like the Turks are withdrawing somewhat. They are certainly not pressing the issue and I have basically an unbroken line covering all advances South/SouthWest into Egypt. I'm wondering if I should pull a historical move and go SE to Aqaba on the Gulf of Aqaba.

We captured a magazine and an ammo dump from Trento. I think this gave us a huge boost in war supply. I'm unsure about that.

The USA is at 84% lean to the WE. I'm hoping for them to join by 1917? Hopefully.

I have funded infantry research. Research for infantry is at level 3 and +20%. If I get to 4 I get to build storm troopers which are good for assaults.

I'm also moving the JTF (Joint Task Force for anyone who has forgotten. So named because it consists of French and British ships) to the boot of Italy. I'm hoping I can catch the Austrian fleet by surprise and utterly wipe it out in the Adriatic.

Other thoughts. I think I'm going to send another corps or even 2 corps, to Egypt. I want to be able to move up both sides of these hills....

[ATTACH]30722[/ATTACH]

And here is the objectives screen. The CP have lost 2.3 million men. The Entente together have lost about 2.1 million men. the CP NM is 45 and mine is 94. EE is 71!!! That is not good, but not much I can do about it. My VP/turn moves back and forth from 140 to 139 constantly.

[ATTACH]30723[/ATTACH]

And I have sent a fleet to Eritrea to pick up TE Lawrence and take him back to Egypt.
Attachments
Turn - Early August - 1916 - Objectives.jpg
Turn - Early August - 1916 - Egypt.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:53 pm

Early August 1916 Results
==================

A lot of assaults and a lot of taking of cities.

Dortmund was assaulted and captured. Foch Again!!

[ATTACH]30730[/ATTACH]

WF North - I'm moving F. De Langle De Cary with the Quatrieme Armee NE to dortmund and then if the opposing German force is still in Muenster, I'm going to attack, if I have Foch and De Langle De Cary active.

Also, Lord is moving to attack Hermann Von Strantz in Marburg. Two formations are being used in this attack. Time to avenge that earlier defeat Lord!!

[ATTACH]30731[/ATTACH]

Salonika front

[ATTACH]30732[/ATTACH]

And we assaulted and captured Dedeagatch. Also, the new corps has arrived and after a little reorganization, it is now basically two corps to take advantage of CP points that were being lost. I'll have them move East then NE to attack toward Constantinople, which is the Jewel in the Turkish Empire. It's a major objective for us.

[ATTACH]30733[/ATTACH]

Assault of Trento to finally capture it, I hope.

[ATTACH]30734[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Turn - Early August - 1916 - Assault on Trento.jpg
Turn - Early August - 1916 - Battle of Dedeagatch.jpg
Turn - Early August - 1916 - Salonika front.jpg
Turn - Early August - 1916 - WF North.jpg
Turn - Early August - 1916 - Battle of Assault Dortmund.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Early August 1916 Results - cont.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:00 pm

Battle of East Africa. I'm being cautious here since they have a really good defender and he is very entrenched.

[ATTACH]30735[/ATTACH]

Other thoughts. I skimmed over that part of the manual, but I remember at a certain point for NM, resilience kicks in and NM goes up slightly, if it gets too low. This must be happening to the CP because last turn they were at 45 NM and now they are at 47 NM. And they didn't win anything to achieve that.

NM

WE 93
EE 70
CP 47

U.S.A. is leaning at 87% now. I wish some of these locked events would happen that would push it to the WE. The 1916 elections are coming up. If Wilson is re-elected, then the U.S.A. will tilt 10% more to the WE. If that happens and they aren't in the WE by then, then it will automatically put them over 100%.

If Wilson loses that means they will tilt back 5% to the CP. I'm actually kind of hoping they'll be in the WE by then. I have about 5 turns and they jumped 3% towards the WE this past turn, I believe.

The WE is at 80% in research for tanks towards level 3. I think it "just" upgrades the tanks and no new units become available, but even so it wil be a nice boost to existing tank formations, I hope.
Attachments
Turn - Early August - 1916 - Battle of East Africa.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Late August 1916 Results
==================

I have already run the turn, but don't have time this morning to post it. I will say that Trento is taken and it boosted my NM and my VP points dramatically. I am almost positive that even if the war goes on to the end in 1919, I will win by victory points, if nothing else.

Another thing that I'll mention before discussing it in my detail tonight - The U.S.A. jumped 4% lean to the WE and now stands at 91%. This almost guarantees that they will be an ally of the WE before the 1916 elections.

Yushal
Conscript

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:13 pm

H Gilmer3 wrote:Thy mother mated with a scorpion!

(Auda was my favorite character in this movie. He had the best lines.)

My favorite movie. Auda was quite the character. I think Faisal had the best lines, though. "You are but a general. I must be a king!" and how he could first say at lawrence "What I owe you is beyond counting", yet in almost the same breath tell Allenby "But then, Lawrence is a two-edged sword - we are both equally glad to be rid of him."

Poor desert-loving Lawrence!

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:45 am

Yes, Feisal was an interesting character played by the extraordinary Alec Guinness who many now know as Obi Wan Kenobi. He had some excellent lines.

Every time I see the people on AMC talk about Lawrence of Arabia, they always mention David Lean wanted Peter O'Toole to work with him on Doctor Zhivago, but O'Toole declined because he felt like physically he could not take it so soon. He should have done it!!

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:17 am

Ok, Results Late August 1916
======================

As mentioned. I captured Trento and it was huge for me. It pushed my NM to 95 and the CP dropped to 41. I am unsure if that was all due to the capture of Trento, but they took a huge hit.

[ATTACH]30748[/ATTACH]

Italy. I am sending Emanuele Filiberto Army to Gorizia to get some progress there. He has a lot of artillery, so I hope that means many breaches of the fortress there.

[ATTACH]30749[/ATTACH]

Other battles:

Marburg - way to go General Lord. Nice win.

[ATTACH]30750[/ATTACH]

East Africa. JC Smuts loses and he retreats. I think I'll wait for awhile before I try this one again.

[ATTACH]30751[/ATTACH]

Trieste - Another battle here and another win. Entrenchment gives me a great advantage.

[ATTACH]30752[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Turn - Late August - 1916 - Battle of Trieste.jpg
Turn - Late August - 1916 - Battle of East Africa.jpg
Turn - Late August - 1916 - Battle of Marburg.jpg
Turn - Late August - 1916 - Italy.jpg
Turn - Late August - 1916 - Trento captured.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Late August 1916 more results....

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:34 am

Egypt. A lot going on here.
General Douglas in the SE is attacking SE on to the cavalry division there, to see if he can force a battle. General Barreto of Portugal the lime green formation, is moving West and a corresponding formation West is moving East. The reason for this is Barreto's power is about 160 and is exposed, so I want the British formation with a power of 300+ to be in Negev Desert in the more exposed position. General Goraud is the French Formation in El Arish. He's active so I'm moving him North to engage the Turkish unit in Gaza. And General Townsend is in Port Said and is moving N and E along the coast to be in position to support.

Also, I am using naval transport to bring TE Lawrence back to the Egypt theater.

[ATTACH]30753[/ATTACH]

And then... there's the West Front.....North. General De Langle De Cary is going to attack into the 1200 power German formation in Muenster. Allenby and other corps are synch marching, but Foch is not. This concerns me. Foch has to follow on. He won't adhere to synch marching. He is due to get there 1 day after the first formations. I really hope this works.

[ATTACH]30754[/ATTACH]

Other thoughts.....

As mentioned, the USA is now leaning at 91% toward the WE. They are almost guaranteed to be an ally in the next 4 turns or so, based on how much it has been moving per turn. That will be welcome indeed and will open some more options for me to further hurt the CP NM. If the EE even collapses the USA troops will be welcome indeed.

NM

WE 95
EE 69
CP 41

I funded airplane research this turn. I also bought a lot of units. I realized I am out of funds. I have not used the print state funds much so inflation. Here's a look at production. A lot of units.

[ATTACH]30755[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Turn - Late August - 1916 - production.jpg
Turn - Late August - 1916 - WF - North.jpg
Turn - Late August - 1916 - Egypt.jpg

Return to “EAW AARs”