Templer
General

No Portraits after Update

Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:26 pm

No portraits after the update. :mad:

Pride of Nations 1.04 RC2
Win 8 64 Bit

Now that I have updateted to 1.04 RC2, no portraits can be seen in the depiction of the element!

The ministry of war (F3) is not affected.

Version 1.13e full worked flawless on this.

I have uninstalled PON before updating to install on a fresh version of PON.

Now I've finally found time to look deeply into PON and then something like that! :mad:
Attachments
PON No Portraits.jpg
Greetings
Templer

cwegsche
Lieutenant

Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:10 pm

Same for me! Is there still no workaround?

Cheers Chris

Pocus

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:42 am

This was not reported by others players, so that's strange... First thing is to check if you have some files there:
<game path>\VGN\Graphics\Portraits\
there are subfolders there, each contains a lot of files, normally...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:07 am

Pocus wrote:This was not reported by others players, so that's strange... First thing is to check if you have some files there:

I have the same problem with 1.04rc2. Portrait files are where they should be.

Mirandasucre
Lieutenant

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:55 am

Yes...i had the same problem...i finally reinstalled the official patch 1.03d...

Jerry74
Civilian

No Portraits

Sun May 11, 2014 11:52 am

Mirandasucre wrote:Yes...i had the same problem...i finally reinstalled the official patch 1.03d...

I have the same problem, Is there any solution for this? /may be there i need for special changes for Windows 7?

Templer
General

Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:34 pm

So meanwhile, it's reported by other Players.
Greetings

Templer

Emeg
Private

Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:49 am

Pocus wrote:This was not reported by others players, so that's strange... First thing is to check if you have some files there:

Well, I have the same issue too, see the picture below. It looks to me that the issue is caused by a loading bug because the files exist in the game path. Further I like to know if I, being a very early costumer that bought PON from Gamersgate during the time this Ageod product was originally released, also get Steam/Matrix game support. Or do we need to buy this game again for continued support? I like to receive a real statement, not a we shall look what we can do answer because that is without obligation. I, as costumer don't like to be a victim of game publishers that are buying and selling their publication rights to each others after a specific product (in this question PON) is officially released to us. May-be because of the buying and selling publication rights between game publishers I have a last question. It looks to me that the PON developer(s) had lost their real attention to this game long ago, are they really still supporting this game (again)?

[ATTACH]29300[/ATTACH]
Missing image and tooltip information.

[ATTACH]29301[/ATTACH]
The files of the missing images exist in the game path.
Attachments
POW No element image_2.jpg
POW no element image.jpg
Greetings, Emeg

Pocus

Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:02 am

Publishers don't have contractual support obligations between themselves most certainly. On a more personal level, I'm still willing to help you sort out this issue. The best way would probably to give you a new setup link, I have one in version 1.03d. If interested, PM me.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Emeg
Private

Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:10 pm

Hi Pocus, I have sent you a personal message too. This reaction on the forum is not personally meant to you but a kind of open letter written by me, being one of the many legal game costumers, to Ageod and game publishers in general.

There are mostly three parties, not two in the game business, the game developers, the game publishers and the game costumers who are finally the financial source of the whole game business. The legal costumers consume games by buying a licence key from the game publishers. In case of game publishers buying or selling their publising rights, we as costumers are involved too, but normally we are as third party not able to participate in this kind of business matters between the publising firms. But as legal licence holders we as game costumers have our rights too. Computer software is not the same as a book, being a finished product that you can buy in the book store. If things as copy rights comes in play the game developers and publishers know how vulnerable they are regarding software piracy. Regaring that our rights as costumers are much more limited, we are just licence holders in fact we own nothing only the right to use the product. But seen from the point of view of a licence holder it is very reasonable that we as costumers keep the right for support as long as the game developers support the game, thus also when the licence owner (the publishing firm) has sold its publising rights to another publishing company. A publishing company has its obligations to the licence holders too, it would be very unreasonable if these are ignored in case of selling publishing rights. It is very nobel if a game developer give personal support to costumers who in fact has lost their support rights due game publishers selling their publising rights without the rights of their licence holders to another publisher. But in business every self respecting party is quick to protect and secure their own rights. As legal costumer I have also my rights, in case of computer software to keep my reasonable rights for support as long as the developer supports his product. The best option for this is not personal support from a kind game developer but by the law forced agreements between all parties involved in the game business. For this a fourth flexible party as Steam can play a main role, to keep the licence rights of the licence holders in the form of a Steam key. That is why I wish (as early Gamersgate costumer) to receive a Steam key for PON too, not for personal reasons but as a right in the interest of all Paradox/GamersGate costumers.
Greetings, Emeg

Mingeling
Civilian

Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:30 am

Hello,
I have the same problem with the portraits.
Using version 1.04 on Steam.
Is there any news on this item ?
How can I reinstall version 1.03, because steam Will automaticly update to the latent version.
Should Steam resolve this problem or is this something for Ageod?
Rgrds

Pocus

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:21 am

I don't know why a few of you have this problem with the Steam version. I can only help you as part of the development team by providing you a link to the Ageod version, if interest send me a mail at Pocus@ageod.net and make a screenshot of a proof of purchase.

Scipionminos
Private

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:13 pm

Hello Pocus,

Just to report the same bug with missing pics in element's detail... also I do not know if there should be any description in the right side of it ?
By the way does anyone one of you as the patch 1.03d and what is this version 1.13e cited above in the 1st post ;) !!!
Thanks

Christophe.Barot

Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:44 am

Pocus wrote:I don't know why a few of you have this problem with the Steam version. I can only help you as part of the development team by providing you a link to the Ageod version, if interest send me a mail at Pocus@ageod.net and make a screenshot of a proof of purchase.

It is not linked with steam version as I had the problem too
perhaps the way of installing can we patch directly the 1.03e version then replace the exe file with the hotfix, or must we install the 1.04 initial and then the hotfix ?
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

Xav04
Civilian

Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:22 pm

Bonjour

J'ai aussi le même problème de portrait qui ne s'affiche pas.

J'aimerais savoir si cela n'est que sur la version" steam" ou si ça le fait pour tout le monde qui a update son jeu (version "steam" comme version "normale") ?

Si les portraits marchent avec le dernier patch sur les version "non steam", pourrais-je t'envoyer une demande Pocus, comme tu l'as proposé ?

Merci

------

Hello there

I also have the same problem that portrait is not displayed.

I wonder if this is only on version "steam" or if it does it for everyone who has his game update (version "steam" as "normal" version)?

If portraits are ok with the latest patch on the "no steam PON", could I send a request Pocus, as you have proposed?

thank you

Silent Disapproval Robot
Conscript

Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:42 pm

I am having the same issue in that I can no longer see portraits after installing the 1.04RC2 beta and hotfix.

My version was bought from Gamersgate when the game was first released, so not the Steam version.

Conrad6787
Private

Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:06 am

Same issue here, I own the Gamersgate version also fully updated with 1.04rc2 and hotfix. Thanks

Silent Disapproval Robot
Conscript

Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:52 am

Did you start noticing the missing graphics after the 1.04RC2 patch or the hotfix?

Pocus

Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:55 am

This sadly comes from a bug introduced in 1.04 but it only affects PON, so is in fact much older in the code, so we have difficulties pinpointing its cause. There is a part time developer spending some time every week on the bug but still no luck. As soon as it is identified, there will be a new quick fix (not so quick, sorry).

Return to “PON Technical Support / Aide Technique”