UsF
Private

Player controlling nations or sides

Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:45 am

Since I am fairly new to Ageod games, I would like to ask the question if players in the EAW game are controlling individual nations or whole alliances, when fighting the AI.
My personal preference is selecting an individual nation and controlling it, therefor allowing me to experience a game from a perspective of my choosing as well as influencing the difficulty that I get from the game.

I assume it is you controlling the whole side, all of the nations, so as to coordinate attacks well in the we-go system. This to me comes at the cost of potentially being overwhelming, with the scale that things can escalate to.

Do I have this right or does the player have a choice when it comes to this? Also, probably the wrong forum, but are there games from Ageod where you actually are only controlling one nation at a time, where you are allied with other nations and working together (fixed or dynamic alliances either way)?

I am looking forward to a WW1 grand strategy game, but feel that if I have to control the whole side at once, either axis or allies, it would overwhelm me badly. I am eyeballing Pride of Nations, since surly it must support the feature of individual nations in an alliance, but maybe people can enlighten me. :)

Tamas

Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:01 am

There are three sides in the game: Centra Powers, Western Entente, and Eastern Entente (Russia, Serbia, and maybe other countries), and the player selects one of these 3 sides to control.

UsF
Private

Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:36 am

Thank you for the very quick reply. This sounds fun, but also very difficult. Can't wait to try it out in either the beta or with the release-version. :)

Meanwhile when I get home from work I will check out Pride of Nations some more to see how it is solved there.

Shri

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:03 pm

Tamas wrote:There are three sides in the game: Centra Powers, Western Entente, and Eastern Entente (Russia, Serbia, and maybe other countries), and the player selects one of these 3 sides to control.

Much better than WW1 Gold which is very difficult to handle as the Allies.

Thronfolger
Corporal

Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:12 pm

Sounds great:-)!!!
Windows 7 Home Premium / 64-Bit
Intel Core i3
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce 310 512MB

HerrDan

Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:50 am

UsF wrote:Since I am fairly new to Ageod games, I would like to ask the question if players in the EAW game are controlling individual nations or whole alliances, when fighting the AI.
My personal preference is selecting an individual nation and controlling it, therefor allowing me to experience a game from a perspective of my choosing as well as influencing the difficulty that I get from the game.

I assume it is you controlling the whole side, all of the nations, so as to coordinate attacks well in the we-go system. This to me comes at the cost of potentially being overwhelming, with the scale that things can escalate to.

Do I have this right or does the player have a choice when it comes to this? Also, probably the wrong forum, but are there games from Ageod where you actually are only controlling one nation at a time, where you are allied with other nations and working together (fixed or dynamic alliances either way)?

I am looking forward to a WW1 grand strategy game, but feel that if I have to control the whole side at once, either axis or allies, it would overwhelm me badly. I am eyeballing Pride of Nations, since surly it must support the feature of individual nations in an alliance, but maybe people can enlighten me. :)

I think that you're going to love playing Pride of Nations then, and there you can set up the alliances before the war etc, where there are many "what ifs", specially the 1880 scenario is very appealing, and as I'm in love with first world war I chose to buy this scenario exactly to prepare myself to the "great conflict", in my case I control the German Empire, as you can see in the AAR in my signature. :)
"Das Glück hilft dem Kühnen."

German Empire PON 1880 AAR:http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35152-German-Empire-not-quite-an-AAR

Altaris

Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:44 am

In EAW, the Eastern Entente side is the closest to a "one-nation" side, as it is composed only of Russia and Serbia initially (if Bulgaria and/or Romania ally with the Entente, they also come under the control of the Eastern Entente side). Also, while Russia has a somewhat decent Black Sea Fleet and Baltic Sea Fleet, they are more for defense, so naval considerations aren't really an issue for the Eastern Entente. I could see playing a game as the Eastern Entente against an AI Central Powers, and with AI controlling your Western Entente allies, quite enjoyable, as you struggle with Russia's limited war resources to distract the Centrals from the West, and/or keep Russia in the war through 1918!

elxaime
General

Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:19 pm

Just to understand better, if you want to do a PBEM with all human players, you need three people? Or is it possible for a single human player (an ambitious one, to be sure) to control both the Western and Eastern Ententes?

Jim-NC

Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:42 pm

In most AGEOD games, you can play with 1 or multiple people, any faction(s) not controlled by a human will be AI controlled. AJE had some 3 player versions, and you could play with 1 or 2 people, with the AI taking over the rest. In PON, you could play with upto 8 players (standard game), or less, with the AI taking over the rest.

If you really feel up to it, you can play all 3 sides at the same time.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Templer
General

Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:12 am

Tamas wrote:(... and maybe other countries)...

Maybe? :blink:
Do you have a concept or you don't?
Greetings
Templer

Tamas

Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:49 pm

Templer wrote:Maybe? :blink:
Do you have a concept or you don't?

I think you misunderstood me. :)

"Maybe" because due to the diplomatic system, some countries, like Romania, or Bulgaria, can end up joining either of the two alliances. So eg. Eastern Entente would usually end up controlling Romania, but that is not 100% guaranteed in every game.

Templer
General

Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:13 pm

Tamas wrote:I think you misunderstood me. :)

"Maybe" because due to the diplomatic system, some countries, like Romania, or Bulgaria, can end up joining either of the two alliances. So eg. Eastern Entente would usually end up controlling Romania, but that is not 100% guaranteed in every game.

Yes Sir, I completely misunderstood you.
Greetings

Templer

theone1
Corporal

Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:38 pm

Too bad you can't control just one nation

Return to “To End All Wars”