killias2
Conscript

A few questions about updating/accessing games I purchased previously..?

Fri May 23, 2014 4:08 pm

Sorry to bother, but with all the changes over the last few years, I feel a little lost now. I have AJE through AGEOD proper (before Matrix integration), and pretty much every other AGEOD game through GamersGate (from when AGEOD was part of Paradox). Just a few quick questions:

1. Is there a way to register my copy of Alea Jacta Est (I believe I also got a preorder bonus.. Spartacus I think?) with either the current website or Matrix/Slitherine?
2. Is there a way of registering any of my Gamersgate games with either the current webstore or Matrix/Slitherine?
3. If not, do the new patches work with the Gamersgate version of games?
4. Is there a way to upgrade from Rise of Prussia standard to Gold? Or would that just require a new purchase?

Thanks for the help!
killias2

Durk

Sat May 24, 2014 5:19 am

Several different answers.
No need to register on Ageod site, just check the latest update pages
http://ageod-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?152-Latest-patches

Matrix maintains a game registration if you wish.

I am not familiar with Gamersgate, so not help on that one.

Upgrade to Gold requires a new purchase, but is very much worth the cost.

killias2
Conscript

Sat May 24, 2014 5:54 am

Thank you for the help! As long as the newest patches work regardless, I guess it's mostly not an issue. It would be nice to make the transition to Steam but alas....

Durk

Sun May 25, 2014 3:27 am

killias2 wrote:Thank you for the help! As long as the newest patches work regardless, I guess it's mostly not an issue. It would be nice to make the transition to Steam but alas....

Is interesting, many players see Steam as the problem, not the solution. Different ideas about game delivery I suppose.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun May 25, 2014 11:29 am

killias2 wrote:3. , do the new patches work with the Gamersgate version of games?

Yes they should. The 'Gamersgate download management' does not modify the game installers.

Pocus

Mon May 26, 2014 10:14 am

You can also move from ROP to ROPGold through a cheap upgrade kit.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “AGEOD Webshop”