pantsukki
Brigadier General

Caesar v. Pompeius

Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:24 pm

The Pompeian Hispanian surrender event transfers their troops to Africa, but the problem is that it doesn't check for control. I've just witnessed a Pompeian stack teleporting to Utica, which is firmly in Caesarian hands. Also the event seems to leave all units of Hispanian nationality in Spain, shouldn't they rather disband?

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:10 pm

Why doesn't Numidia count as Africa for the purposes of the events "Caesar in Africa" and the "Mauretanian alliance"?

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:05 pm

pantsukki wrote:The Pompeian Hispanian surrender event transfers their troops to Africa, but the problem is that it doesn't check for control. I've just witnessed a Pompeian stack teleporting to Utica, which is firmly in Caesarian hands. Also the event seems to leave all units of Hispanian nationality in Spain, shouldn't they rather disband?

Related to this, shouldn't the transferred Hispanian legions be locked for some time? This would most likely benefit the AI, as I've just witnessed it pretty much immediately landing half of them (very understrength!) in Italy, while the rest started marching through the Libyan desert (??).

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:44 pm

Some additional feedback:
-There's a spelling mistake (or just the French version is used currently?) with the name of one Pompeian legate: Faustus Cornelius Sylla
-In my current game as Caesar the AI started very early to conquer Parthian territory, yet the Parthians have remained inactive. Their main territory is still (45 BC) inaccessible. Shouldn't they have reacted to the Pompeian aggression in force?
-Yet the Syrian army seems to be still locked, because the stack hasn't moved during the game at all. My own army is now only a few provinces away, and as the Pompeian side practically lost the game already years ago, shouldn't they use all of their diminishing resources in fighting back?
-Since Caesar captures (receives) the Balearic islands, a couple of units of Balearic slingers could be added either to the force pool or as recruitable mercenaries? Ditto for Cretan archers, unless that already happens.
-I'd very much like to see an event added for the Pompeian uprising in Hispania lead by his sons, as they apparently managed historically to raise a big army and really threatened Caesarian control. It would also add some interest to the late game.
-When the Caesarians lose Gallic and/or Italian auxiliary units, these don't seem to become available for re-recruitment. Could they get at least the starting number of each area's auxilias added to their force pool?
-Caesar and Antonius seem to have the same rank, which soon (after a couple of seniority promotions for Antonius) makes having them in the same stack unwise. Would it be possible to give Caesar a higher rank so that Antonius is still higher than the other legates?
-The gladiator unit(s) that get(s) spawned for Milo (and/or Caelius) are/is ridiculously tough, especially since neither revolt didn't cause much trouble historically. Currently they easily butcher lots of cohorts.

Bohémond

Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:16 am

Thank you for the feedback

Point #1 ; Could let us know where the typo is ?

Others points, we will need, at least, some screenshots or, better, a save.

Regards
Marco, perché vai così forte in salita?» «Per abbreviare la mia agonia.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:32 pm

The typo is in the name of the legate, his last name should be Sulla, not Sylla.

I've attached my current turn from the game, where you can see the extent of the Pompeians' conquest of Parthia, and the inactivity of the Syrian stack. For the 4th point, I was simply suggesting adding recruitable units for the Caesarians (come to think of it, they actually do get a couple of slinger units spawned into Hispania so maybe that's handled already.) Dunno about the Cretans, as I haven't taken the island yet. 5th one was also a suggestion.

6th one (losing auxiliary infantry and not being able to recruit them again); I guess it's a case of the Caesarians starting with X amount of Gallic and Italian auxilia, while they only have Y (lower than X) amount set as available in their force pool. So this would be simply fixed by upping their force pool amounts to correspond to what they start with. Or even enlarge them, I'm all for big force pools. Both sides historically recruited lots of men, and the scenario has both a big map and a long duration. Related to this, how about adding recruitable Vexillatio units for both sides? Historically both sides often detached smaller legionary forces for garrisoning, diversionary and other duties.

7th; the problem that arises from having them both in the same stack (after Antonius' seniority has risen to 1), is the "issued conflicting orders" thing. Historically there would've been no doubt as to whether Caesar or Antonius was the commanding officer. Tbh I hate the whole "conflicting orders" mechanic, but that's another matter.

8th; in the attached save I've finally destroyed the slave stack (one usually has to chase them for a *long* time).

My first two posts are about another playthrough, so not related to the save. First one should be easily fixed by making sure that the province to which the Pompeians transfer from Hispania is currently controlled by them. I was actually just reading about it, and according to Stephen Dando-Collins Afranius brought with him about 3,5k legionaries. But he took them to Epirus, not Africa. I think that currently the Hispanian surrender event transfers all Pompeian Roman troops to Africa, not sure if they also suffer big strength losses or not, as I wasn't playing the Pompeian side in that game, but they looked to be severely understrength.

The second post is related to the Mauretanians, I landed Caesar in Numidia and was surprised that they didn't become activable (neither did the NM-boosting "Caesar in Africa" event fire). Seems arbitrary to limit the events to the Roman province Africa, instead of both Africa (province) and Numidia.

Third post isn't evident in the attached save anymore, as it happened many turns ago. But I really think that locking them (in a province controlled by the Pompeians..) for a little while would benefit the AI, especially since they seem to suffer high strength losses because of the Hispanian surrender event. And it seems to my correct from a historical and plausibility POV as well, I guess that these troops are supposed to represent straglers and others leaving Hispania to continue the fight? The units definitely shouldn't be available for operations immediately.

Edit: btw, why are the Pontics part of the Pompeian faction? Shouldn't they be against all Romans? When they became available for the AI, most of them were sent to Greece and Macedonia to reconquer cities for the Pompeians which seems quite illogical.
Attachments
C v P.rar
(340.2 KiB) Downloaded 191 times

Bohémond

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:38 am

Hello,

Thank you for reporting.

I will try to inspect each point in next weeks.

Regards

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:28 pm

The "Mauretanian Horsemen" recruitment option for Caesar doesn't work. I've clicked on it for 4 to 5 turns now, every time with enough EP and money, but received no units and no event text. So unless there are some hidden requirements for it, there is something wrong with its triggers.

Bohémond

Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:04 am

Could you post your ScriptReports (AJE/Scripts folder) ?

Thank you

Regards

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:07 am

Bohémond wrote:Could you post your ScriptReports (AJE/Scripts folder) ?

Thank you

Regards

Attached are my most recent files from the Script folder, please let me know if I didn't attach the correct file(s). The folder seems to include some really old stuff.
Attachments
Script reports MAU horsemen.rar
(183.31 KiB) Downloaded 170 times

Bohémond

Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:00 pm

pantsukki wrote:Attached are my most recent files from the Script folder, please let me know if I didn't attach the correct file(s). The folder seems to include some really old stuff.

Fixed.
Fix will be included in next patch
Thank you for reporting

If you do not want to wait for next patch ;

The attachment OptionsMil_CaesarPompey50.zip is no longer available

Unzip, copy and paste the file into AJE/Events folder.

It should overwrite one file

Regards
Attachments
OptionsMil_CaesarPompey50.zip
(3.18 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:04 pm

Bohémond wrote:Fixed.
Fix will be included in next patch
Thank you for reporting

If you do not want to wait for next patch ;

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26827[/ATTACH]

Unzip, copy and paste the file into AJE/Events folder.

It should overwrite one file

Regards

Thank you! Applying this will not harm on-going saves?

Bohémond

Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:15 pm

pantsukki wrote:Thank you! Applying this will not harm on-going saves?

No, it should not but file have not been tested yet.

Regards

Bohémond

Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:40 am

I do not understand your statement '' In my current game as Caesar the AI started very early to conquer Parthian territory, yet the Parthians have remained inactive. Their main territory is still (45 BC) inaccessible. Shouldn't they have reacted to the Pompeian aggression in force?''

At the start of the Scenario, Parthians are at war with both roman factions ( PMP and CAE), If PMP lose Roma , alliance or a peace can be dealed by PMP with Parthia. This will unloclk Eastern PMP Legions.

Is that your understanding ?

Regards

Note ; Could you provide your whole Scripts Folder ( AJE/Scripts), it will help us answering and fixing, if needed, your reported points.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:55 pm

Bohémond wrote:No, it should not but file have not been tested yet.

Regards

Replaced the old file with this, yet the option still didn't work.

Regarding the Parthians, I meant that the Pompeians conquered Parthian territory very early (mainly Osroene), and that must've been a pretty easy conquest as they don't have many troops available in the East (especially since the Syrian army has remained stationary during the whole game). I was surprised that this conquest seemingly caused no reaction from the Parthians. Shouldn't they respond with a big army if either Roman faction starts attacking their territories?

I can't upload the full Scripts folder, as the contents even in .RAR-format exceed the forum's limit.

Bohémond

Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:18 pm

Hello,

I have send you a PM with my email adress to allow .rar file sending.

Thank you

Regards

Franciscus

Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:25 am

pantsukki wrote:Replaced the old file with this, yet the option still didn't work.

Regarding the Mauretanian option, can you post a saved game where the option is not working ?

Thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bohémond

Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 am

Franciscus wrote:Regarding the Mauretanian option, can you post a saved game where the option is not working ?

Thanks

My bad, you need to restart a game to see effect of new file.

@Franciscus ; Thre was a typo in the name of the Subtype Parameter in the ON event of the option. The option is displayed in ledger, can be chosen by the palyer/AI but the check event does not fire.

Regards

Franciscus

Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:22 am

OK, thanks ! :thumbsup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bohémond

Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:05 pm

pantsukki wrote:Replaced the old file with this, yet the option still didn't work.

Regarding the Parthians, I meant that the Pompeians conquered Parthian territory very early (mainly Osroene), and that must've been a pretty easy conquest as they don't have many troops available in the East (especially since the Syrian army has remained stationary during the whole game). I was surprised that this conquest seemingly caused no reaction from the Parthians. Shouldn't they respond with a big army if either Roman faction starts attacking their territories?

I can't upload the full Scripts folder, as the contents even in .RAR-format exceed the forum's limit.

ScriptReports files received, thank you.

Regarding Parthian faction, it have been reworked for next patch and should lead to more consistent situation.

Regarding Caesar in Africa Events, it's WAD. Cesar should be in Africa , the province. Africa Magna, the theater, is not he required location.

Regards

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:57 pm

Bohémond wrote:ScriptReports files received, thank you.

Regarding Parthian faction, it have been reworked for next patch and should lead to more consistent situation.

Regarding Caesar in Africa Events, it's WAD. Cesar should be in Africa , the province. Africa Magna, the theater, is not he required location.

Regards

Cheers. On the last point, isn't it quite counter-intuitive that being in Numidia isn't the same as being in Africa province? Especially for activating the Mauretanians, heck, in Numidia he's actually closer to Bocchus!

Return to “Help to improve AJE”