Matthew Penfold
Conscript

Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:53 pm

A minor issue, but when you run the installer for The Bloody Road South you get prompted to install the 1.03 update. However the text talks of installing it for Alea Jacta Est! It seems to install OK though.

minipol
General

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:22 am

Yup indeed, saw it too. No biggie though, it installs :)

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:32 am

I posted over at Matrix that mine says it is still running 1.02 as it is loading. I have bought the expansion and it is installed.

Durk

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:38 am

You need to make sure when you get the second installation sequence that you are pointed at the correct folder. The default folder may not be where you actual game files are. The 1.03 file is part of the download.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:58 am

(Not trying to be a smart alleck) Wouldn't it have to be? When I start the game, the new scenarios are there. But it says the 1.02 version as it is loading. Thanks.

Durk

Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:10 am

No, no - I understand. It is part of the install, but is the second phase of the installation process. I have a friend who is in a pbem with me. We both did separate installs so we could continue our game. His Bloody Road South has all the scenarios, but says version 1.02. He installed first so I benefited from his experience. When I got to the second install menu, it pointed toward the file I wanted to keep in 1.02. I redirected it to the second install and I have version 1.03 for that install.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:37 am

I'm only getting one install sequence.

Durk

Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:40 am

Somebody with better tech sense needs to chime in. For me, the basic game installed, then during the same install, I was presented with a new window asking for me to once again accept the license; that is the 1.03, I think.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:50 am

I'm going to re-download because I'm not getting that window.

minipol
General

Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:12 am

Durk wrote:Somebody with better tech sense needs to chime in. For me, the basic game installed, then during the same install, I was presented with a new window asking for me to once again accept the license; that is the 1.03, I think.

Yup same here. If you're too quick, you might close this second window. When the main install is done, you get this 2nd window.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:14 am

I'm not getting the 2nd window.

Durk

Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:07 am

I, for one, hope the 1.03 patch is made available now. You are number three of the players I know for whom the download did not work.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:41 pm

The game still plays, so I'm ok to wait for the stand alone patch.

richfed

Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:07 pm

I purchased and downloaded the new scenarios and the official 1.03 patch that comes with them. First, I completely uninstalled my game. Then, I installed the 1.00 release version and applied the new patch directly over it. The installer is fine - excepted for the noted AJE reference [simply a typo] - the first thing it does is tell you that you need to apply the patch to update. Do that, and then you can add the new scenario pack. It was all very easy. Loading the game, I see version 1.03.

Thanks AGEOD!
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

FleetingThought
Private

Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:41 am

It was a bit confusing to me, as I also have Alea Jactha Est, and thought hey, that's already installed to 1.03..... so I skipped, believing what I read.... and just got Bloody Roads installed into 1.02.

So yes, I then had to uninstall, reinstall 1.00, THEN NOT skip the wrongly-named 1.03 patch, THEN finally install the Bloody Roads add-on last.

Third time was the charm! But exercised my HD more than I wanted to. And my patience.

Now to go beat up on those racist Tea Party ..... er, I mean Confederate armies some more! ;)

Great game, btw, absolutely massive and a showcase for how far AGEOD Engine 2.0 can go!

I hope for many more years of such deep, historical studies from AGEOD, at all scales. It's really quite a flexible system.

THANK YOU. MERCI.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:20 am

I have now fixed my problem. I will relate my experiences.....

First off. When you click "next", you MUST click only one time on each selection. The window comes up to patch to 1.03. If you cancel out of the patch window accidentally, you will not be able to get it back unless you uninstall the whole program and re-do it. At least that was my experience as I uninstalled 4 times before I finally got it right.

1st try. I must have clicked out of the 1.03 window, so could never get it to patch 1.03. I had all the scenarios from the expansion.

2nd try. I uninstalled the whole program and installed from version 1.00. I tried to patch directly over 1.00. I got a message that read "Cannot delete destination file Civil War 2/CW2/graphics/factions/Counter_OnMap/Counter_IND.png. I clicked the OK button and when I did it canceled the patch. At that point I could not run the expansion and get the window to patch 1.03.

3rd try. I repeated what I did on the 2nd try. Got the same result.

4th try. I reinstalled full install 1.00. I patched 1.01. I patched 1.02. I clicked Bloody Roads South expansion. 1.03 patch window came up. I patched. I installed the expansion.

Success.

Durk

Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:14 am

Fellows, thank you for sharing your problems and your solutions. Bloody Road South is indeed an nice plumb to add to a great game.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:41 am

Well, I hope it helps anyone having troubles. I was relaying my experience and I think others might be able to get success from reading what I went through. If you're having trouble, you could try what I finally did. As they say, YMMV. (Your mileage may vary)

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:10 pm

I just ordered the boxed version. Does anyone know if that has the same install issues?

khbynum
Major

Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:31 pm

I just installed from the DVD and had no problems (other than my crappy LG optical drive). It has the same "AJE 1.03" typo as the download version. I think some people have had problems because the installer opens two windows exactly superimposed, one for the update and one for the scenarios. It's easy to miss one of them, so just drag the top one off to the side. When loaded, my game shows v. 1.03 and all the new scenarios.

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:49 pm

I deleted my old installation and did a fresh install. Just hit next each time, and installed with no problem.

clandini5
Corporal

Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:21 pm

With the review of this thread I purchased the expansion and when prompted to update hit next, then finished installing I now have Bloody Roads South, version 1.03. Thanks for the information.

Jeffkle
Conscript

Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:26 pm

Where is the 1.03 patch that was said to come out on the day BRS was released? I heard wait a day and then..........

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:35 am

khbynum wrote:I just installed from the DVD and had no problems (other than my crappy LG optical drive). It has the same "AJE 1.03" typo as the download version. I think some people have had problems because the installer opens two windows exactly superimposed, one for the update and one for the scenarios. It's easy to miss one of them, so just drag the top one off to the side. When loaded, my game shows v. 1.03 and all the new scenarios.

Sounds good. Thanks for the report.
Wonder when the typo will be fixed to avoid confusion there.

khbynum
Major

Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:29 am

You're welcome, Sir. I doubt the typo will be fixed on the hard copy, especially now that it is well reported on the forum. I probably won't play most of the new scenarios, since I much prefer the April '61 whole war campaign. I really bought the expansion to reward AGEod for giving us CW2. I will play the Battle of Atlanta, since I have always regarded that as the decisive Civil War campaign. I'd like to see if I can do a better job than Gen. Johnston...

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:33 am

khbynum wrote:You're welcome, Sir. I doubt the typo will be fixed on the hard copy, especially now that it is well reported on the forum. I probably won't play most of the new scenarios, since I much prefer the April '61 whole war campaign. I really bought the expansion to reward AGEod for giving us CW2. I will play the Battle of Atlanta, since I have always regarded that as the decisive Civil War campaign. I'd like to see if I can do a better job than Gen. Johnston...

I also bought the expansion for much the same reason but I am currently playing the expansion's 1862 start of the full east/west campaign. Something of a different spin to my usual July 1861 start.

Jeffkle
Conscript

Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:07 am

Don't you think most gamers of Civil War II, play the long campaign versions rather then small scenario's? I realize the smaller battles are better or the newer wargamers, learning the system. More time should be put the longer campaign. I have another question. When creating a division why can't we save complete brigades with leaders? This way a division could be made up of several leaders, creating a variety of total leader points. Some brigade commanders could enhance or detract from the division commanders rating??

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:35 am

khbynum wrote:I really bought the expansion to reward AGEod for giving us CW2.

Well stated sir. My feelings as well. :hat:

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:46 am

I am not that good with computers, and i am getting lost in this thread. I hope the install issue gets fixed, or I will be in big trouble. I do not understand why there are so many issues with patches. One of the nice things about Ageod was that even I could install patches with no problem. I hope we can return to this happy state.

I was about to buy the expansion, but I might wait until this is fixed.

Durk

Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:11 am

Jeffkle wrote:Don't you think most gamers of Civil War II, play the long campaign versions rather then small scenario's? I realize the smaller battles are better or the newer wargamers, learning the system. More time should be put the longer campaign. I have another question. When creating a division why can't we save complete brigades with leaders? This way a division could be made up of several leaders, creating a variety of total leader points. Some brigade commanders could enhance or detract from the division commanders rating??

I am actually surprised that so many players do not dig into the smaller scenarios. Even the July start has a new look and feel. I always play all the scenarios. Some are surprisingly wonderful morsels of delight. Just because the scenario is long does not mean it is the best or the most enjoyable.

Return to “Civil War II”