pantsukki
Brigadier General

Great Mithridatic War feedback

Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:59 pm

So I tried yet another scenario, and here are some observations from my struggle against the Sertorians and Pontics (this is by far the hardest scenario!):
-The Galatian stack is badly lacking in CP, even without reinforcements they require 17 CP and only receive 12. Could they get another general?
-It seems that the option to assassinate Sertorius doesn't work. IIRC it's not even supposed to work instantly, but currently I get the impression that nothing happens with it. I've clicked on it 5 times now (had enough EP and money every time), yet never received any event text nor lost the resources.
-After the Spartacus revolt started in August 73 I was immediately hit with the event "Slave revolt expands", citing as reason my inactivity in crushing the revolt. That's a bit harsh, don't you think? And the gladiators seem *really* tough, I sent one proper legion and two provincials against the Spartacus stack, with roughly equal numbers, and ended up losing around 9k men to their 1k... :blink:
-Are the Mauretanians supposed to get activated at some point? Ditto for the Massilian fleet, Athenian auxilia and Sardis auxilia.

Franciscus

Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Hi

Will try to answer:

- There seems to not exist any event or option to activate the Mauretanians, etc, unless attacked. Only the designers will be able to tell if by intent or not

- ditto regarding the Galatians being poorly led

- the slave expansion events occur with varying probabilities (25-35%) beginning in August 73, so you probably were just unlucky

- The Sertorius assassination option is dependent, both to appear, AND to start to "take effect" on SER faction NM being >=100. The assassination event then has a probability of only 10% each turn, but you should have received a message saying that a price has been put on Sertorius head...

Are you able to provide a save and/or the contents of your scripts folder in a turn where this option did not work ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:54 pm

The Sertorius thing might be because of their NM, I'm pretty sure it's been around 100 for a while now (despite heavy losses :( ).

I'm attaching my current turn and all the backups from the same folder.
Attachments
2-GreatMithridaticWar750.rar
(3.97 MiB) Downloaded 155 times

Franciscus

Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:41 pm

It works...

I loaded your saved game, took the option. Received the message (not very bombastic, agreed), and checking the scripts it activated the assassination. Now it's a question of luck and waiting...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Some additional observations:
-If one orders a fleet to Ephesus, the graphics show that it's going to Halicarnassum. It does move to the correct port, but the graphical representation is a little confusing.
-Most of the cities in Hispania start as really small, and they are really quickly reduced to size 1 as they change hands often. Also the Sertorian side seems prone to razing them. The drop in sizes enables the Sertorians to basically ROFL-stomp through most cities without breaking a sweat as no militia is generated (of course the very low Roman loyalty helps that too).
-Speaking of loyalty, after some months with the Spartacus events, pretty much all Italian provinces have Roman loyalty at most at 15%. That seems far too low.
-The Crassus option speaks of removing the current consuls (Poplicola and someone else), but I never received them in the first place.

Franciscus

Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:34 pm

Hi

Re Crassus option, you are right, there is an error in the date of entry of Publicola and Lentulus consuls (they will enter after being "removed"). Will be fixed in next patch

Thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Help to improve AJE”