MrFreeze
Conscript

Civil War II The Bloody Roads South

Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:32 am

Just saw that on matrix Civil.War.II.The.Bloody.Road.South

AGEod’s Civil War II The Bloody Road South provides players with a grand set of new historical campaigns in the era of the American Civil War. This expansion uses the latest game patch (1.03) for enhanced gameplay and requires ownership of the original Civil War II game. This is not a standalone product.

The expansion pack includes two battles scenarios, focusing on the turning points of the Civil War: the Battle of Gettysburg and the Battle of Atlanta.

It also includes two grand scenarios dedicated to year 1862 in both Eastern and Western fronts.

There are also three Grand Campaigns spanning a wider timeframe and covering the entire front of the war.

All scenarios can be played from both the Confederate and Union sides.

Here is a list of playable scenarios:

Battle Scenarios

• 1863 – Thunder at the Crossroads (Battle of Gettysburg)

• 1864 – Make Georgia Howl (Battle of Atlanta)

One Theater Annual Campaign Scenarios

• 1862 – Eastern Theater

• 1862 – Western Theater

Grand Campaigns with all Theaters Scenarios

• 1862-1865 – Struggle for the Heartland

• 1863-1865 – Triumph & Defeat

• 1864-1865 – Bloody Roads South

The attachment 20140123083931.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
20140123083931.jpg

Z74
Lieutenant

Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:45 am

I didn't know CW2 had DLCs (are there any others?).

The product is listed as 0 filesize... is out yet? I didn't find the price (still half asleep)...

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:04 am

Says "coming soon."

They're basically selling as a DLC the rest of the scenarios that came with the base game in AACW. I'm not complaining; I'll gladly buy it. Just noting what it is.

Aurelin
Colonel

Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:45 am

The one theatre campaigns just might be the ticket for those who have been burned by the "Send *everything* east and charge."

Having been through that, I'll be playing the AI for the forseeable future.

Z74
Lieutenant

Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Nothing wrong in buying the DLC, it's a way to support the dev house and the game itself.
Besides this is a lot more than just a graphic revamp of the old AACW so I say it's well deserved but the term DLC works with Steam... what's the story with matixgames?

minipol
General

Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:57 pm

I agree, if we don't support the dev's, there won't be anymore titles like this. The market for these kind of games isn't that big.
If you know how much time and effort it takes to develop games, people wouldn't complain.

Ace

Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:07 pm

I always like to compare the price of the game to a movie ticket. Then I measure how much hours of entertainment I get for A $ invested in game, and how much for a 2 hour movie.

Z74
Lieutenant

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:00 am

Ace wrote:I always like to compare the price of the game to a movie ticket. Then I measure how much hours of entertainment I get for A $ invested in game, and how much for a 2 hour movie.

And what you both said finds a concrete application with what happened here yesterday as a famous and historic cinema shut down after 3 decades.
People on the TV were saying: if people watch stupid programs on the TV instead of going to watch good movies at the theaters that's what happens.

We, the customers, make the market.

Pocus

Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:03 am

Yes, the scenarios had to be overhauled and adapted significantly to CW2, so even if they are not totally new to ACW1 players, they represent a large amount of work for PhilThib. As for me, this DLC should help cover the costs of dispensing patches (which are also including additions like hidden activation and the tentative return of the replay feature).

I know nobody here believes that we are trying to milk players, but just wanted to clarify... This is important that CW2 continue to be patched and improved even if new work is underway for 2014 (should I say new works instead? :) ) and this pack should greatly helps on this aspect.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Kensai

Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Pocus wrote:...new work is underway for 2014 (should I say new works instead? :) ...

Can't wait for the announcements and first developer diaries! :w00t:
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Lindi
General

Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:47 pm

Pocus wrote:Yes, the scenarios had to be overhauled and adapted significantly to CW2, so even if they are not totally new to ACW1 players, they represent a large amount of work for PhilThib. As for me, this DLC should help cover the costs of dispensing patches (which are also including additions like hidden activation and the tentative return of the replay feature).

I know nobody here believes that we are trying to milk players, but just wanted to clarify... This is important that CW2 continue to be patched and improved even if new work is underway for 2014 (should I say new works instead? :) ) and this pack should greatly helps on this aspect.

The futur works use new fight rapport or the old? Because I not very like the fight rapport in AACW2, ( the format of number and not old resume, that kill me )

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:16 pm

Pocus wrote:Yes, the scenarios had to be overhauled and adapted significantly to CW2, so even if they are not totally new to ACW1 players, they represent a large amount of work for PhilThib. As for me, this DLC should help cover the costs of dispensing patches (which are also including additions like hidden activation and the tentative return of the replay feature).

Thanks, Pocus and the team! Can't wait for an 1862 GC (my fave in AACW).
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]
-Daniel Webster

[color="#FFA07A"]"C'mon, boys, we got the damn Yankees on the run!"[/color]
-General Joseph Wheeler, US Army, serving at Santiago in 1898

RULES
(A) When in doubt, agree with Ace.
(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:17 pm

GraniteStater wrote:Thanks, Pocus and the team! Can't wait for an 1862 GC (my fave in AACW).

Same here.

Taillebois
General of the Army

Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:32 pm

Is there a way to introduce a sort of random scenario generator? Sid Meier's Gettysburg had one.

I've got almost all the AGEOD games but there is always something about a game with only a few scenarios which makes me treat them like a precious supply of ammo. I don't want to use up my ammo. Whereas with a scenario generator - well - I'm just training for the real thing aren't I?

Z74
Lieutenant

Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:38 am

I think I would like a scenario where there's no event scripted and ALL those events are available to the Lincoln and Davis player either as regional or as national decision.

That's how you really make HISTORY. It's not about reproducing it... this scenario should stop at the date of Ft. Sumter and the rest of the events should not take place as they do now. THAT is not about reproducing but by... MAKING history. :)

Canon
Lieutenant

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:22 pm

Were any modifications made for the 1864 Campaign? Obviously we still want the Confederacy to very difficult, but not unplayable...

Joe Wheeler
Corporal

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:40 pm

Im interested in the mentioned 1.03 patch and what it might address/include. The only mention I have seen on it is in the announcement. Of course, I will purchase this day one. Pocus, can you tell us anything?

marquo
Lieutenant

Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:09 am

The notice on MATRIX says it runs with version 1.03 - when is the patch coming out??

charlesonmission

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:44 am

Agree with Ace's comment on the 1862 GC, it was great is ACW, looking forward to it here as well.

Charles

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:44 am

I am happy to pay for the expansion. The Devs deserve all the support we can give them!

Pocus

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:23 am

The patch will be out just before or on the same day as the expansion, so I would say in February, it depends if the Matrix QA is happy with the bundle.

As for the patch, in addition to several fixes, it includes several AI improvements, the return of the replay feature but as a console only command (i.e you activate the replay by typing a word, no VCR...) , the addition of the Hidden activation option is also quite enjoyed by the betas (all leaders appear always activated, but their activation roll is in fact performed just before they start proceeding their orders!).

A notable bug fix is an improvement on how ammo are distributed to the troops also.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

minipol
General

Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:47 pm

Will the new patch affect games in progress or will we have to start a new game? I'm thinking mainly about the ammo bug here as I'm bitten by it in my new game...

Pocus

Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:16 pm

The ammo bugfix don't ask for a new game to be restarted. Same for Hidden Activation, Replay. Only new events which should have fired might be a problem.

Keeler
Captain

Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:58 pm

Pocus wrote:the addition of the Hidden activation option is also quite enjoyed by the betas (all leaders appear always activated, but their activation roll is in fact performed just before they start proceeding their orders!).

How does this affect the formation of divisions, corps, and armies? Currently you can't form any of these with unactivated leaders.

Ol' Choctaw

Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:51 pm

Keeler wrote:How does this affect the formation of divisions, corps, and armies? Currently you can't form any of these with unactivated leaders.

Inactive status only effects Division formation as it stands now.

With hidden activation you can always form divisions, except when leaders are scripted as inactive, usually the turn they arrive on the map.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:31 pm

Pretty cool.

Keeler
Captain

Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:19 am

Ol' Choctaw wrote:Inactive status only effects Division formation as it stands now.

With hidden activation you can always form divisions, except when leaders are scripted as inactive, usually the turn they arrive on the map.

Ok. I was thinking of formation under hard activation rules. From what you've described it sounds like it will be easier to form divisions, and nothing has changed regarding corps and armies. Sounds good.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:12 am

I've seen in other places the new addition will be ready for February 6th?

Jeffkle
Conscript

Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:53 pm

Today Matrix has released Civil War II The Bloody Roads South, digital download $19.99. Is Patch coming today?

khbynum
Major

Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:00 pm

I just ordered the hard copy. Thanks AGEod, keep up the good work!

Return to “Civil War II”