marechalCAMBRONNE
Lieutenant

New scenario

Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:14 am

I know you guys at ageod work like damned with the new games but...I was wondering if there was going to be new scenario in AJE that are not with the parthian expansion?

Franciscus

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:01 am

Hi

Parthian Wars expansion is going to be released in October 23rd.

But we are already in the preliminary works for the next expansion - that may include a certain episode of crossing the Alps with elephants, among others :D - and one of this forum veteran modders - Hobbes - is making a very interesting single scenario... ;)

No release dates are set yet, of course

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

arsan

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:21 am

Franciscus wrote:involving a certain episode of crossing the Alps with elephants..

Mmmm... what a mysterious hint!... elephants?? Alps??... really, it says nothing to me... :bonk: i'm completely clueless! :wacko:

picaron

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:55 am

Franciscus wrote:Hi

that may include a certain episode of crossing the Alps with elephants...

Atila? Napoleón?... :w00t:

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

appius
Conscript

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:33 pm

it's got to be Britannia - Claudius took an elephant to Britain for his victorious march!

Vincentius
Brigadier General

Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:15 pm

But we are already in the preliminary works for the next expansion - that may include a certain episode of crossing the Alps with elephants, among others :D - and one of this forum veteran modders - Hobbes - is making a very interesting single scenario... ;)

Regards

You made my day ;) I can't wait to play the Second Punic War :dada:
Italian videogamer (I love strategy games) :thumbsup:

Parcere subiectis et debellare superbos.
Os stulti contritio eius.
Hoc unum scio, me nihil scire.
Alea iacta est.
Mens sana in corpore sano.
Tu quoque, Brute, fili mi ?

bob.
General

Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:40 pm

Regards

You just keep churning out those scenarios and I will keep buying them. Everyone is happy!

Any hints on the topic for the next scenario pack? Perhaps we can expect something that does NOT feature Romans in some scenarios? :D
Romans are awesome, but when I'm thinking about things like Peloponnesian war or maybe a scenario about the Carthaginians...

Ironclad61
Major

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:25 pm

What i can say... a scen with mothers-in-law doing mountaineering!!! :mdr:

Now more serious, partian wars is going to be a DLC for AJE no??? is this NOW the future way to follow or no??? if this is correct... is possible see BOR as DLC for AJE??? thanks.

PhilThib

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:06 am

bob. wrote:Any hints on the topic for the next scenario pack? Perhaps we can expect something that does NOT feature Romans in some scenarios? :D
Romans are awesome, but when I'm thinking about things like Peloponnesian war or maybe a scenario about the Carthaginians...

There are works underway with a few scenarios without Romans indeed...it's just sometimes longer to define because shortage of relevant data, but it's planned indeed

Ironclad61
Major

Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:26 pm

Nice know it but is a plan to integrate BOR in AJE??? is a little strange have AJE+Partian DLC+more DLCs and have BOR out of this... thanks.

bob.
General

Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:42 pm

PhilThib wrote:There are works underway with a few scenarios without Romans indeed...it's just sometimes longer to define because shortage of relevant data, but it's planned indeed

You should see it the other way around: you can do what you want to make the scenario as great as possible and no one can say it's ahistorical :thumbsup:

But yeah, I can't imagine what a pain it has to be to get reliable information on all the wars AJE covers... you must have one/some really good historians on your team.

PJJ
Captain

Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:33 pm

It's a shame that so much historical information has been lost over millennia. The Roman Empire had a very advanced administration and their archives (tabularia) must have contained huge amounts of interesting documents. But they are all lost now. And then we have the example of Carthage, which had a long history before they were completely wiped out by the Romans. Now almost nothing remains of the Punic culture. We don't even have a single Carthaginian source about the Punic Wars (I'm sure they didn't know them as Punic Wars!). So I really appreciate the efforts of the AJE historians doing all the background research for the scenarions.

Looking forward to Hannibal. Not the one with Anthony Hopkins. :)

Franciscus

Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:50 pm

bob. wrote:But yeah, I can't imagine what a pain it has to be to get reliable information on all the wars AJE covers... you must have one/some really good historians on your team.

ElNino is THE ONE ! :thumbsup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El Nino

Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Franciscus wrote:ElNino is THE ONE ! :thumbsup:

Yes, sir, I'm alone (with some help from PhilThib) ! And it is not easy to create a scenario. Many thanks to Philthib, Bohemond and Franciscus for balancing the campaigns !

I hope that those choices will be good to play !

Today, I'm working on the next roman expansion...

Vincentius
Brigadier General

Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:32 pm

:w00t:
Italian videogamer (I love strategy games) :thumbsup:

Parcere subiectis et debellare superbos.

Os stulti contritio eius.

Hoc unum scio, me nihil scire.

Alea iacta est.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

Tu quoque, Brute, fili mi ?

Starsky
Private

Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:56 pm

Great news, thanks for your remarkable work. Once again.

Of course, the Hannibalic war is clearly expected, and I look forward to check it out. But I wonder if we would have the possibility to play the key events during the inter-war period. The Romans have some actions, of course, but I must admit that the Barcid colonization would be a great thrill for me, especially after reading the great works by Dexter Hoyos. Let's conclude Hamilcar career...

PJJ
Captain

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:28 pm

Earlier this year (or was it last year, can't remember) there was a thread about a scenario depicting the Carthaginian expansion into Iberia before the 2nd Punic War. Maybe it's already under development?

bob.
General

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:57 pm

El Nino wrote:Yes, sir, I'm alone (with some help from PhilThib) ! And it is not easy to create a scenario. Many thanks to Philthib, Bohemond and Franciscus for balancing the campaigns !

I hope that those choices will be good to play !

Today, I'm working on the next roman expansion...

You're definitely doing great work!

You should make an expansion about the Roman Kingdom, that would be glorious :thumbsup:

In all seriousness though, I hope the Birth of Rome expansion won't be the last time we see something of pre-Marian Rome? Even with the inherently limited scope of these scenarios, I still enjoy fighting with the earlier legions!

Franciscus

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:12 pm

If I remember correctly those guys that crossed the Alps with some elephants fought against pre-Marian legions ?... ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bob.
General

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:16 pm

Right! Forgot about that one! How could I...

Franciscus

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:25 pm

...and someone told me that the expansion with said scenario with elephants will include some more scenarios, that may also please you... :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Starsky
Private

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:33 pm

PJJ wrote:Earlier this year (or was it last year, can't remember) there was a thread about a scenario depicting the Carthaginian expansion into Iberia before the 2nd Punic War. Maybe it's already under development?

Great news if confirmed! Thanks for the answer...

Even more willing to see this future expansion!

Franciscus

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:00 pm

Remember, though, nothing is confirmed officialy and no release date for the elephants is announced... :)

What is imminent is the Parthian Wars expansion (should be out next week), and we are trying very hard for it to be a very enjoyable, challenging and fun set of scenarios.
Anyhow, as always, the future of AJE is very much dependent on the acceptance (=sales) of the game and it's expansions... :)

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PJJ
Captain

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Not many serious strategy games about the ancient wars available, so I hope AJE still has a long future ahead. There are still so many ancient conflicts that haven't been touched yet, for example the Greek period. And the late Roman era, which could provide several interesting scenarios with plenty of fascinating what-ifs.

bob.
General

Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:14 pm

Still on track for October 23rd release date? I ask because I noticed it is 24th on Slitherine. I have the 23rd free and the 24th not, so... it would be a nice surprise to say the least!

PhilThib

Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:41 pm

I believe it will be slightly postponned to the 24th to ensure proper final testing... sorry, 24hrs more of wait :cool:

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”