godfather
Private

Efficient and quick method of seaching for new recruits?

Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:11 am

I am really liking this game but my only real complaint is the searching for new recruits in cities when my turn starts. Is there a quick and easy way to use the Roster to look for which cities my new recruits are located? or a way to toggle the unit sprites so that they are all visible on the map? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MarkCSA
Location: In a safe place, they couldn't hit an elephant at this distance

Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:21 am

New recruits as in Fresh constructed troops?

Have you tried tapping R to cycle through all unlocked troops?
Murphy's Law of Combat: 'The most dangerous thing on a battlefield? An officer with a map'

godfather
Private

Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:17 pm

no I haven't but that is the kind of short cut I was looking for!!

MarkCSA

Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:08 pm

godfather wrote:no I haven't but that is the kind of short cut I was looking for!!

Don't forget you can (top of my head) cycle naval units with T (and backwards with Y) and locked units with Q (where you can find locked stacks, which may contain unlocked units in them).

Basically QWERTY cycles, so there you go.

Now go forth and crush the Yankee Invader!
Murphy's Law of Combat: 'The most dangerous thing on a battlefield? An officer with a map'

godfather
Private

Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:35 pm

Very helpful! Are these shortcut keys in the manual and are they diffrent for the latest version of the game? BTW I play the Yankee Invader ;)

MarkCSA

Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:10 am

Not sure if they are in the manual (as we all know, reading the manual is for suckers), but look around the forums, there should be a few threads which have all the shortcuts in them. Although to be honest, with the cycling and the F keys you should have about 90% of the commands you need.

Alternatively you could read the manual, of course.

orca
Lieutenant

Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:56 am

Other options are:
-When you get the "new units recruited" message you can click on the "NATO" symbol for the unit and it will take you to the city where it is forming. Of course other than militia it will be locked so you won't be able to issue orders.
-When you get the "unit has nearly completed training" message you can click on that message and you will go right to the city in question. In this case you can issue orders :)

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”