Zebedee
Sergeant

Clodius unable to recruit mercenaries? (Septimus Severus Scen. 1.02b)

Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:25 am

I'm really sorry if I'm missing something silly here. Hopefully I am, but I can't see it. Have tried a forum search but could find nothing relevant.

Currently playing Clodius in the Septimus Severus scenario. Since the scenario start, I've been unable to recruit mercenaries on the Imperator page.

The mercenaries have an EP cost and/or a financial cost. They also require you to hold a certain area to recruit.

Even fulfilling all of the two or three conditions does not seem to recruit the units.

eg. Batavian mercenaries. Require 15 EP and control of Novimagus. Have 37 EP, 100% control of Noviomagus, 100% loyalty in Noviomagus and two units within the castrum there. No EPs are removed the following turn, no mercenaries are received.

It's not a case of having already recruited the mercenaries to the maximum amount that year - I've never been able to recruit them, and the option disappears I believe when it is no longer available?

Is this a bug or am I missing something? Perhaps something which hasn't been made clear in the criteria to recruit these units? Thanks in advance.
[font="Verdana"]"For God's sake, let us if possible keep out of it." - Lord Russell on British government policy towards the warring states, Hansard.[/font]

[color="Blue"]Gray's Historical Accuracy Mod for AACW[/color]

Franciscus

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:43 am

Hi zebedee.

We will check this ASAP.

Can you perchance provide a save (with a backup1) of a turn when you try to recruit mercs (and/or your scripts folder, zipped ?)

Thanks and sorry

Zebedee
Sergeant

Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:04 am

Oh goodness, no need to apologise - this could well be this idiot here getting something wrong :) I don't think so, which is why I ask - in case there is a hidden condition which isn't stated in game!

I've zipped up the entirety of the scripts folder - if I've got the wrong bit, please let me know. There's also a few saves in there as I was just running a learning campaign to see the balance of forces - the last one has just run a turn solely with a mercenary unit being recruited and failing to arrive or be deducted. It's repeatable for me as it hasn't worked at all in this campaign for poor Clodius.

Just in case it's relevant, I purchased AJE from gamersgate and BoR from Matrix (both a couple of nights ago). Both are in their own seperate folders, both patched to 1.02b and I am using BoR to access the scenarios.
Attachments
clodiusnomercscript.zip
(1011.61 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
clodiusnomercsaves.zip
(3.46 MiB) Downloaded 155 times
[font="Verdana"]"For God's sake, let us if possible keep out of it." - Lord Russell on British government policy towards the warring states, Hansard.[/font]

Franciscus

Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:48 pm

Hi

The scripts are all from BOR scenarios, and using your save I am able to recruit Batavian mercenaries.

There is a mstake in BOR beta 1.02 patch content, though, that may cause some problems if you play AJE scenarios via BOR. Can you try to play Severus scenarios using AJE 1.02b to access it and see if you have the problem ?

Regards

(PS: anyhow checking your report I found out an issue that was preventing poor AI in AJE from using effectively several of the options, even if she had how to pay them. In patch 1.02b AI will have better teeth ! :) )

Zebedee
Sergeant

Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Thanks Franciscus. That is exactly the problem it seems. Loading via AJE (1.02b), and not BoR, allows for my amphibious cavalry (Dutch sea horses!) to be recruited. Thank you for checking. Will use AJE now for AJE scenarios unless told otherwise. Sorry if that was making work for you.

Franciscus

Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:19 pm

Zebedee wrote:Thanks Franciscus. That is exactly the problem it seems. Loading via AJE (1.02b), and not BoR, allows for my amphibious cavalry (Dutch sea horses!) to be recruited. Thank you for checking. Will use AJE now for AJE scenarios unless told otherwise. Sorry if that was making work for you.

No, thank you for trying 1.02b beta patch, because:
- I spotted an error in my compiling of the BOR beta patch (affecting only the playing of AJE scenarios via BOR, that is now corrected for official release)
- and it helped me find another issue, that, now corrected, will improve AI's play.

Regards

:w00t:

Zebedee
Sergeant

Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:18 am

I'm glad it was useful :) Though I get the feeling you're going to hate me if I keep posting... :bonk:

Return to “Help to improve AJE”