Lilan

1.06a / Siberians loosing/taking back Perm and Samara VS NM

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:32 am

Playing as Siberians, i noticed some loss of NM when greens took Samara from me and when reds took back Perm. Still it was not writen obviously in the turn log.

=> is this supposed to happen?
=> if yes, that's not really balanced since taking back Samara did not give back any NM...

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Lilan wrote:Playing as Siberians, i noticed some loss of NM when greens took Samara from me and when reds took back Perm. Still it was not writen obviously in the turn log.
=> is this supposed to happen?

I think its WAI: These are towns of the Komuch, the most promising White political wing for the mujiks (still dispised by poor peasantry but could be seen as a lesser evil than Reds). So if the Komutch dies then people lose hope in the White army.
=> if yes, that's not really balanced since taking back Samara did not give back any NM...

I think its WAI: If the towns are taken, the some Komuch politicians in are killed. So MN can't be taken back.

You're right this feature deserve explaining ingame texts.

Lilan

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:29 pm

Well, let´s say OK for Samara but Perm is Siberian-aligned => i should be gaining NM.

In the mean time i took Nijni Novgorod from the reds : he did not loose any NM.

Since NM is a really scarce ressource, i think those lose are way too high.

Puting a word in beta section for Antiadep.

boudi

Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm the red opponent of Lilan. I think that a lose of 9 or 10 NM is too important. 1 NM would be a max value. And surely it must be explained in the manual or better, in a tooltip about the city like this : "Warning, if you lose this city, you will lose 1 NM point".

Lilan

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:46 pm

May i say : "LOL i'm losing 10 each time they take Samara, even if i take the city back".

Because, it's the case. Green uprising took back Samara again (i only had a few milita there, they were hundreds) and i lost 5 MN gain. If you do not gain them back, it's really really harsh. Or you just have to never take back any city as Siberians....

boudi

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:37 am

An other idea could be : As white you have to defend your strategic cities at all cost... and you have to forget Kazan and Nizhniy Novgorod ??? :)

Lilan

Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:47 am

Kazan is a key city for the Komouch in Davaï beta. And Nijni Novgirod is a city required for Sibzrian Victory (it´s a strategic one for Siberians).

Actually i do not like this mechanic 3 since it's double penalty : if you loose the city you probably lost the battle defending it => you lose troops and MN, and MN again.

Problem is not loosing MN. It's never gaining any back not having reds lose any...

andatiep

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:33 pm

Lilan wrote:Problem is not loosing MN. It's never gaining any back not having reds lose any...

Do you want some hacks to get back your NM in your PBEM while we are fixing this unfair issue, Lilan ? :evilgrin:
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Lilan

Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:40 pm

No, it´s ok :) "Let the Boudi win", like C3P0 would say.

Kidding. Actually, i'll finish the PBEM this way. The target is Davaï. (I'll post the files this evening).

Return to “Help to improve RUS”