Tiranus
Conscript

Severus scenario is not interesting...

Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:11 pm

In my opinion, Septimius Severus scenario needs to be corrected. I like this scenario, but this scenario is interesting only the beginning, after the death of Niger game is too easy! :( Excuse me for my bad english...

My suggestions:

1) Death leaders. Enemy leaders often die in combat. As a rule, in my game (as a Severus) after Niger killed in battle, the game becomes too easy! Albin is too weak, and the game is not interesting!
2) Parthia, Hatra and Armenia! These countries need to start a campaign against the eastern provinces after the death Pescenius niger! This is historical! First Parthian campaign was after the death of the north of Niger, but but before the war with Clodius (195 year)!
3) Provinces! Why not do so after the death of the leader, not all provinces to give up! As well as the death of Pompey's not the entire provinces belongs to Caesar.

These offers can come in the next patch?

Bohémond

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:29 pm

Wich patch are you using ?

Since patch 1.02, leader death chance has been lowered a lot. 3 Stars leaders should not die in combat.

Regards
Marco, perché vai così forte in salita?» «Per abbreviare la mia agonia.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:15 am

I've been enjoying the scenario so far, playing 1.02a, and haven't seen many leader deaths.

In January 195 I (Severus) received an event about his new military organization, mentioning levying new legions. Imagine my disappointment when none became recruitable! I could really use more legions, and also have lots of money (+NM) to recruit them. Perhaps some could be added to the force pool of the side that conquers Rome?

Bohémond

Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:20 am

pantsukki wrote:I've been enjoying the scenario so far, playing 1.02a, and haven't seen many leader deaths.

In January 195 I (Severus) received an event about his new military organization, mentioning levying new legions. Imagine my disappointment when none became recruitable! I could really use more legions, and also have lots of money (+NM) to recruit them. Perhaps some could be added to the force pool of the side that conquers Rome?

Could you post your ScripttRports to check why this event seems not to work properly ?

Regards

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 am

Bohémond wrote:Could you post your ScripttRports to check why this event seems not to work properly ?

Regards

So there were supposed to be new legions available? :blink:

Do you mean the whole Scripts folder? I hope they go backwards enough, as I've progressed quite many turns after that.

Bohémond

Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:58 pm

pantsukki wrote:So there were supposed to be new legions available? :blink:

Do you mean the whole Scripts folder? I hope they go backwards enough, as I've progressed quite many turns after that.

Yes, Whole Folder. I should find the right file among all of them.

Regards

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:23 pm

Good hunting!
Attachments
Scripts.rar
(3.54 MiB) Downloaded 168 times

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:27 pm

Btw, would it still be possible to add the missing legions to my force pool?

Bohémond

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:51 pm

The Event New Military organization create a new Praetorian unit in Roma.

It do not add any New legions to Froce pool.

As per your ScriptReports, it is working as designed.

Let me know if I have misunderstood your request.

Regards

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:32 pm

Bohémond wrote:The Event New Military organization create a new Praetorian unit in Roma.

It do not add any New legions to Froce pool.

As per your ScriptReports, it is working as designed.

Let me know if I have misunderstood your request.

Regards

Ah, okay, WAD then. The event description said that Severus also increased the number of legions, so I was hoping that some would be added to my force pool.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:03 pm

After playing through the scenario a few times as Severus and once as Albinus, here's some feedback:

1) The AI seems overly eager in breaking the "Pannonian alliance". Last time AI-Albinus broke it in 194 April, and when playing as Albinus, Severus declared me a public enemy already in January 194!
1b)Which leads me to another comment, when declaring me a public enemy Severus didn't even control Rome. Shouldn't that be a requirement?

2) Clodius' Batavian mercenaries have a massive CP requirement. IIRC it was 12(!) per unit.

3) As Clodius, taking Rome was very underwhelming. I received barely any troops. Severus gets one spawned praetorian (+later one more via the reorg event) unit in Rome, shouldn't that happen for others too? Also when playing as Severus I've always received ~3 legions after annexing Didius, but Clodius got nothing. Actually I think that the AI Severus received legions after my taking of Rome, because I encountered legions II Gallica, III Italica and I Germanica which aren't in the starting lineup for Severus. How's that possible? I'd really have liked to continue the game after the end date, crushing the Parthians and retaking all Roman territory, but it would've been very tedious with only 8 legions. So please give legions to anyone who takes Rome + Italy. Even better would be to add legions to a side's force pool as they conquer provinces/legion home regions.

4) Please add the option to recruit prisoner legions.

5) The Severian faction should really have surrendered, when I took Noreia their NM was 26, but they just kept on fighting. Yes, Severus was still alive, but at that point one might imagine that he would get assassinated by his own supporters who are tired of his failures?

6) Does the praetorian camp in Rome ever train replacements? I don't recall ever seeing a message about that in the log.

7) There was a small typo in the minor (should have been a major victory, I held all my objectives and had over 1000 VP's more than Pescennius, but still they held 1st place?) victory screen for Clodius, "did lay down" should be "didn't lay down", I think.

8) One more suggestion, not specific to this scenario, would it be possible to add a report screen to siege surrenders? Something like the current battle report screen. Would be really nice to know what units surrendered.

Edit: and contrary to the topic's claim, I think the scenario is very interesting! I'd just like to see it improved.

Bohémond

Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:31 pm

pantsukki wrote:After playing through the scenario a few times as Severus and once as Albinus, here's some feedback:

1) The AI seems overly eager in breaking the "Pannonian alliance". Last time AI-Albinus broke it in 194 April, and when playing as Albinus, Severus declared me a public enemy already in January 194!
1b)Which leads me to another comment, when declaring me a public enemy Severus didn't even control Rome. Shouldn't that be a requirement?

2) Clodius' Batavian mercenaries have a massive CP requirement. IIRC it was 12(!) per unit.

3) As Clodius, taking Rome was very underwhelming. I received barely any troops. Severus gets one spawned praetorian (+later one more via the reorg event) unit in Rome, shouldn't that happen for others too? Also when playing as Severus I've always received ~3 legions after annexing Didius, but Clodius got nothing. Actually I think that the AI Severus received legions after my taking of Rome, because I encountered legions II Gallica, III Italica and I Germanica which aren't in the starting lineup for Severus. How's that possible? I'd really have liked to continue the game after the end date, crushing the Parthians and retaking all Roman territory, but it would've been very tedious with only 8 legions. So please give legions to anyone who takes Rome + Italy. Even better would be to add legions to a side's force pool as they conquer provinces/legion home regions.

4) Please add the option to recruit prisoner legions.

5) The Severian faction should really have surrendered, when I took Noreia their NM was 26, but they just kept on fighting. Yes, Severus was still alive, but at that point one might imagine that he would get assassinated by his own supporters who are tired of his failures?

6) Does the praetorian camp in Rome ever train replacements? I don't recall ever seeing a message about that in the log.

7) There was a small typo in the minor (should have been a major victory, I held all my objectives and had over 1000 VP's more than Pescennius, but still they held 1st place?) victory screen for Clodius, "did lay down" should be "didn't lay down", I think.

8) One more suggestion, not specific to this scenario, would it be possible to add a report screen to siege surrenders? Something like the current battle report screen. Would be really nice to know what units surrendered.

Edit: and contrary to the topic's claim, I think the scenario is very interesting! I'd just like to see it improved.

Point 1 ; Owning Roma is not required for Albinus Public Enemy Options. Maybe it should. It will discuss withibn design team. Tweaking AI Proba could be discuss too.

Point 3 ; please provide your Script Folder ( AJE/Scripts). What you describe is not WAD.

Point 4 ; To be validate by desing team.

Point 8 ; Surrender is not a battle, talking about engine mechanism. I do not hink this kind of improvement would be seen in AJE series.

Other points will be answered later, they need more investigation.

Regards

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:45 pm

Thank you for your response.

To clarify, by "Clodius got nothing" I meant in terms of legions. I did inherit two badly damaged praetorian units and a few auxilia units. Maybe the three legions I named were ones rebuilt by AI-Severus? It seems that the game uses the same names for new legions in every scenario.

I'm unable to upload the scripts, even in RAR-format, as the file is over 9 MB and apparently there's a limit of about 4 MB.

Bohémond wrote:Point 1 ; Owning Roma is not required for Albinus Public Enemy Options. Maybe it should. It will discuss withibn design team. Tweaking AI Proba could be discuss too.

Point 3 ; please provide your Script Folder ( AJE/Scripts). What you describe is not WAD.

Point 4 ; To be validate by desing team.

Point 8 ; Surrender is not a battle, talking about engine mechanism. I do not hink this kind of improvement would be seen in AJE series.

Other points will be answered later, they need more investigation.

Regards

Franciscus

Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:32 pm

Regarding what should happen if Clodius captures Rome:

By design, all remaining DID forces (what they are depends of course of how the game has gone to DID until then) are absorved by Clodius. He will also get the leader Papius Faustus, alone. The events are different for the other factions. In every case DID forces are absorbed, but Severus gets Flavius Juvenalis at the head of the Pretorians and Pescenius gets...nothing :)
This is a designer's decision, I suppose based on historic facts. But what you describe for Clodius seems WAD to me

Regards

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:39 am

How many legions does Didius have available for recruitment? Couldn't these, or at least some of them, be made available to the faction that takes Rome? Also, Clodius doesn't have any "Vexillatio" units available for recruitment, Severus has 5 or 6. Not sure about Pescennius. As it is, Clodius isn't capable of much of a build-up during the time that Severus is supposedly dealing with Pescennius in the East after the capture of Rome.

I really think that the scenario would be more epic if all sides were capable of building up their forces. Why would they simply be content with the garrison legions (+some auxilia units that can be built) they have in the beginning? Especially if they manage to increase their territory.

Franciscus wrote:Regarding what should happen if Clodius captures Rome:

By design, all remaining DID forces (what they are depends of course of how the game has gone to DID until then) are absorved by Clodius. He will also get the leader Papius Faustus, alone. The events are different for the other factions. In every case DID forces are absorbed, but Severus gets Flavius Juvenalis at the head of the Pretorians and Pescenius gets...nothing :)
This is a designer's decision, I suppose based on historic facts. But what you describe for Clodius seems WAD to me

Regards

Bohémond

Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:31 pm

Answer from the design Team ;

Albinus Public eneny and Albinus Imperator Option does not require the ownership of Rome

Probabilty for IA will be lowered ( from 75% to 60%)

No Prisonners Legion Option ( not historical)

Regards

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:03 pm

A little more feedback:

1) Antiochia (province name Issus) doesn't count as part of Oriens for recruitment. Shouldn't it?

2) A small typo, after I added new legions to the Severan force pool, one of the Oriental legions was called "III Concrodia". My Latin skills are non-existent, but should that be Concordia instead?

3) I got the Numerianus-events (yes, it appears twice in the log) in May 196, when I wasn't at war with Clodius. This caused his stack to automatically disappear. Granted, it's partially my fault for delaying the availability of the "Clodius Imperator" -event, but shouldn't the Numerianus-event check for a state of war between Severus and Clodius anyway?

4) The immediate turn after killing Niger worked as should, but the next turn, when the "Severus proscriptions" -event fired (NICE cash bonus, btw!), the log told me that I had annexed Niger. Again. This was a little inconvenient, as it put all my armies inside structures again.

I hope there will be some action against the Parthians? It's now autumn 196 in my save.

Return to “Help to improve AJE”