Voulgier
Conscript

Does events chain for italian unification work as intended?

Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:36 pm

I'm new to PON and i'd like to begin a GC as Piemonte-Sardegna to learn game's mechanics.
I heard about a bug in the events wich lead the player to form Italy: did last patch (1.3) fix this problem?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:18 pm

I'm afraid not - if you search for a post by powloon1 he has a discussion and a revision to the scripts that will make it work. The only problem lies with the lack of time for Garibaldi to take Sicily.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

powloon1
Lieutenant

Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:33 pm

Italy's reunification sort of falls into 3 bits.

The first is the build up to the 1859 War with Austria and the Treaty of Plombiere. I think all the events fire OK for this but the final piece is dependant on the Austrian AI declaring war. In my game and Loki's this didn't happen. My best guess is that the Austrian AI evaluates that Sardinia-Piedmonts alliance with France makes it impossible to win and therefore the terms of the treaty never come to pass (other peoples experiences may vary)

The actual unification events can occur in 2 ways either peacefully using the unification decisions with the actual unification happening sometime in the late 1860's (can't remember the exact date off the top of my head). This event does seem to work fine.

The other unification strand is via the Garibaldi chain of events which is kicked off when the King of the Two Sicilies dies. This event chain in my opinion won't lead to unification unless you tinker with some of the events

Voulgier
Conscript

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:03 pm

I see.
i'd like to use Garibaldi chain of events as well, has somebody modified the relative files to make it works?

(anyway, i hope AGEOD will fix this in the next patch)

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:31 pm

There's a thread with a list of suggestions for the next patch that identifies problematic event chains etc. Some of it seems to be sorting out lines of code but I guess others need more testing to ensure they don't cause problems elsewhere - and, as ever, its a matter of time.

For me, the real problem is how the Austrian AI reacts. Whereas France is semi-pushed to war with Prussia over the 1870 events, in truth the Austrians can ignore S-P (& given the French alliance is pretty sensible to do so). But that is the sort of thing that is much more complex to tweak than simply the coding of an event.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Sherman
Corporal

Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:26 pm

hi loki, I typed this:

SelectFaction = $USA

StartEvent = MP_Addition|1|1|NULL|NULL|$Washington|NULL

Actions
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_USA_Pol_Pol1850:15

EndEvent

And got this script error:

Line 27205: SelectFaction, selected: United States of America
Line 27207: Started processing event: MP_Addition
Line 27207: This event is not yet referenced, base number of allowed occurences 1
Line 27209: Entering triggered actions for event MP_Addition
Line 27210: => ChangeUnitPool, need to have exactly two parameters: Alias of UnitDef and variation of Force Pool
Line 27212: Finished processing event: MP_Addition

PhilThib

Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:38 pm

Your error: you point double points [ : ], it should be 'point-virgule' [ ; ] ...

ChangeUnitPool = $uni_USA_Pol_Pol1850[color="#B22222"];[/color]15

Return to “Pride of Nations”