How did you first know about AGEod games

I saw an AGEod game in a shop (Walmart, Virgin, etc.)
11%
I read a game review on a website (please tell us which one)
18%
I read a post in a forum (please tell us which one)
33%
I read a game review in a magazine (please tell us which one)
11%
A friend told me about it in real life
4%
A friend told me about it on the internet
4%
I saw a member signature in an internet forum
1%
I clicked on an advertising banner on a website (please tell us which one)
1%
I saw an AGEod game in a webshop (Amazon, NWS, ect)
9%
I was doing a keyword search through Internet
8%

Total votes: 178
Kev_uk
Colonel

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:55 am

I first became more interested when you released Napoleons Campaigns, must have been early 2008. I knew of BOA before that because it was highly regarded from the war-historical usenet group that I occasionally used to frequent but never tried it.

Then I purchased AACW, found that to be fun too, then WiA...WW1G...and so on.

I like your historical games - a good company.

Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:27 am

Was browsing some sites a couple years ago looking for a new Civil War game and found a few sites talking about AACW. I think it might have been James over at outofeight. Anyway, all the sites gave it good reviews so I picked it up and never regretted it. After that it was a steady decline into the rest of the AGEOD library. I think the only ones I haven't played or owned are RUS and ROP. Will probably get around to those too. :)

homet
Corporal

Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:04 pm

I first noticed ageod games a couple of years ago on another gaming forum. I tried the aacw demo, wasn't able to figure out how best to play. I tried again a year later with wia and got hooked.

beuckelssen

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:37 pm

Post reviewing Birth of America in a spanish forum of the web http://www.meristation.com. The author was Haplo.

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:44 am

read about Birth of America in "Vae Victis" french wargaming review a long time ago.

:wavey:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

Xaloc
General of the Army

Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:05 pm

beuckelssen wrote:Post reviewing Birth of America in a spanish forum of the web http://www.meristation.com. The author was Haplo.

hey! me too! :thumbsup:

Gen. Monkey-Bear
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:14 am

I saw AACW in an electronics store. I was attracted by the nice cover, then by the historical aspect.

Durk

Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:02 am

So interesting to see an old thread so active. I was exploring American Civil War games on another gaming website, and bought my first Ageod game there along with two other American Civil War games. What really brought me into the AGEOD community was the brilliant idea of someone that game updates only came from the forum. This was after I had purchased Russia under Siege, my third Ageod game. I am really so glad I was invited into the forum in such a manner.

Sgtchaudart
Conscript

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:06 pm

In the french magazine PC4war. It was about BoA.

Vadim
Corporal

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:45 am

If I remember well it was on strategium-alliance.com , about AACW

Soulstrider
Major

Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:42 pm

At Paradox when you guys worked with them.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:12 am

reading Singleton-Moseby's very short beta AAR for Rise of Prussia. It just looked so different and so intriguing with those wonderful 'counters' and proper period map

Exsecratus Sicarius
Conscript

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:28 pm

I first learned about AGEOD at your recent publisher's website reading through the Pride of Nations game information. PoN being my first AGEOD game and I will need to repurchase it through your own webstore. :)

Leibst

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:20 pm

My brother told me that 'Philippe Thibaut has made a new game about indians and french in America' and give me a link.
I saw a few screens of the game BoA and it didnt like me :mdr: , then i continue playing HoI. How blind was i!!
But after some time i was playing pbme with my brother to BoA campaign game.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Matto
Colonel

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:28 pm

First I saw Napoleon Campaigns game, where I was looking for same games from this era ... then I spend about two months with Demo and was not sure, if I like or hate this game :wacko: It was 5 years ago ...

Actually I have most of AGEOD games ... so now I'm completely sure :cool:
Napoleon days in Austerlitz 2011 - photo gallery
My Czech pages agout AGEOD: AGEOD games, RoP AAR - Prussian side
My AGEOD games: WoN, TYW, EAW, CW2, AJE, PoN, NCP, ROP Gold, RUS Gold and BOA2

Lindi
General

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:43 pm

I find ageod game when I search a game on war on Americ about 7 years wars. The first discover is google picture with key world.

So just council for next game use in the name easy key world. birth of america or Rise of Prussia is really good, but Alea Jacta Est if you don't know the name game you never find that when you find game about rome on google, or the chance is really less. It's only a council :)

wodin
Sergeant

Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:16 pm

I think it was Wargamer website did an article or something when you where developing was it Birth of America (It was was your first game) I remember though not being fussed about the setting loved the map and artwork..a real feats for the eyes compared to many wargames so bought it direct from your website..no longer have the links or anything now though.

A few years later I picked up the collection set and also bought the WW1 game..then buying the gold upgrade which turned it into my favourite ever Grand Strat game. I recently bought AJE aswell.

DanSez
Sergeant

Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Read about the 'new game' Rise of Prussia in an AAR at another site from Narwhal - who has done a lot of good work spreading word about your games.

Somebody buy that man a beer (and dinner to go with it, too)
or wine if you prefer, sir.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:09 pm

I learned about AGEOD a few years ago when www.rockpapershotgun.com mentioned the demo for Napoleon's Campaigns.

ned_for_sped
Conscript

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:45 pm

my first exposure to AGEOD was Narwhal's 'Learning from Prussia' AAR on the paradox forums, from then I was hooked. it's unlikely I would have ever picked up an AGEOD title without reading that AAR. the interface looked pretty daunting so I was on the fence, but reading about the strategic depth the game had in the hands of an experienced player convinced me to give it a try. luckily, these games are awesome. I'm looking forward to getting involved with the community and making my first foray into multiplayer in the near future.

also, you guys might want to look into building some kind of presence on reddit. there's no /r/ageod subreddit at the moment, and now that y'all no longer under the purview of Paradox there is no real home for any AGEOD-related content. granted the community might just be too small and a sub could see very limited activity, but it's just an idea. I thought about making one myself but given the low volume of response I received when I broached the idea to /r/paradoxplaza, it didn't really make sense. in any case I'd be happy to help moderate an /r/ageod subreddit if it ever gets made.

Prussian Konig

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:12 pm

I read about AACW on The Wargamer.com. Made me look at the game and bought it. Still on my computer and I play it regularly.
I bought it directly from Ageod.
Beta Tester HOI 3, EUII. AACW2 & To End All Wars!

dougo33
Private

Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:21 am

My first Ageod game was (is) PoN. Really like the depth of the game. I have since purchased WW1 gold and am in the process of learning the ins and outs of it. My next game will be RUS after I drop hints to the wife :)

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:12 am

dougo33 wrote:My first Ageod game was (is) PoN. Really like the depth of the game. I have since purchased WW1 gold and am in the process of learning the ins and outs of it. My next game will be RUS after I drop hints to the wife :)

You like the though games lol. It must be the 3 most difficult Ageod games.
Yeay buy RUS: AACW and BoA are the past of USA, and RUS is its future lol (I'm not so joking).

Gohyakuen
Conscript

Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:49 pm

I have a feeling that most people here dislike steam, but it was there that I first played ROP, and it was love at first sight.

dougo33
Private

Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:49 am

ERISS wrote:You like the though games lol. It must be the 3 most difficult Ageod games.
Yeay buy RUS: AACW and BoA are the past of USA, and RUS is its future lol (I'm not so joking).

Yeah it seems so lol. I got PoN since I was playing the Victoria games for a while and like the era. Man was PoN a shock due to the depth! But it is a good game and I still enjoy it. I have actually been looking at AACW and might get it next. Thanks for the advice :)

Return to “General discussions”