tux
Corporal

my BOR Comment

Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:37 pm

Hello, I bought my copy of BoR last week and I played allmost all scenarios by now. So far, I think, it is the best of all Ageod games, much fun and pleasure. Good job!
The turn resolution is so fast compared to other Ageod games, that I am now playing the game and do not wait for the game. When playing, time runs away like sand in a hourglass, and you can finish allmost any scenario in an evening.
I too looked at the demo of Aje and I think, it should have been published in reversed order, because when I first saw the Aje demo, the map is confusing and huge. But now where I see how much fun ancient warfare is, I am looking forward to purchase the AjE too.

hannibal_barca
Corporal

Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:58 am

I've been debating purchasing BOR. I actually prefer that time period to the one in AJE. The early republic era is my favorite. But I'm thinking I might want to wait to buy the Second Punic War pack. That is the one I've always been waiting for.

cwegsche
Lieutenant

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:36 am

I have to say that I like the larger scenarios in AJE more, cause more forces and nations are involved with their different charakteristics. This gives me more a feeling of being in the ancient timeframe and you don't have the feeling you are "boxed" in a small landscapre with no way out.
That's why the Caesar vs. Pompey is my favourite scenario too cause it feels more like a campaign than a scenario :coeurs:

Lee
Private

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:33 pm

cwegsche wrote:I have to say that I like the larger scenarios in AJE more, cause more forces and nations are involved with their different charakteristics. This gives me more a feeling of being in the ancient timeframe and you don't have the feeling you are "boxed" in a small landscapre with no way out.
That's why the Caesar vs. Pompey is my favourite scenario too cause it feels more like a campaign than a scenario :coeurs:

Exactly same feelings!

wryun
Sergeant

Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:02 pm

Some people like smaller scenarios more (i.e. me). Makes me think I should buy BoR, though I'm hesitant to do so before I've at least tried all the AJE scenarios...

Taillebois
General of the Army

Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:01 am

I like smaller shorter scenarios. Life is too short for 30+ turns, let alone 300 or PON 1,600,000 turns or whatever. (I own it so I've paid my dues!)

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”