Erik
Conscript

Bug in New Legion decision

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:13 am

Hello!

I am playing the long 1st Punic War scenario, great game!

In 258 I picked the decision to raise another Legion. The turn after I got the message (in the list) that I can raise another legion. However, no such legion is recruitable.

Also, the dictator option is available in the decisions even though no enemy force is present in Italy. I did pick the dictator decision in the beginning of the war (it worked fine), but the decision doesn't work now (as expected). Shouldn't it be removed from the decisions?

EDIT: I am using the latest 1.02a beta patch.

Bohémond

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:02 pm

Hello,

We need your ScriptReports (AJE/Scripts) to be able to analyse potential issues.

Thank you

Regards
Marco, perché vai così forte in salita?» «Per abbreviare la mia agonia.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:13 pm

This has happened to me as well, exactly as described by Erik. Unfortunately the applicable turn is long gone so no doubt the scripts are lost as well. The victory point and EP costs were deducted but the new legion option has not appeared in the options when entering the Construction Mode.

Franciscus

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Thanks for your report. Indeed this new legion option will not work if the dictator option is chosen previously.

We will see how to solve this. IMHO we either discard completely this new option (that was added only recently) or inactivate it if the Dictator option is selected.

Regards

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:42 pm

Franciscus wrote:Thanks for your report. Indeed this new legion option will not work if the dictator option is chosen previously.

We will see how to solve this. IMHO we either discard completely this new option (that was added only recently) or inactivate it if the Dictator option is selected.

Regards

Thank you for the reply. I do not know enough about the period to offer any input on which path to take. However, for my $0.02 CAD I would like to retain both options but at a far greater VP cost.

Was there a hard constitutional cap (or even a sacred tradition) limiting Rome to two Consular Armies only - four Legions plus auxiliaries?

That said 111-turns into the 1st Punic War I find myself wonderfully deadlocked and unable to exploit my recently hard-won sea control due to a lack of manoeuvre units and horrible Consuls. These two games are superb.

Return to “Help to improve AJE”