Bodhis
Corporal

ACW 2 is marching to the sound of the guns!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:34 am

I wonder that there is not thread here regarding this topic. However, ACW 2 has been announced: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?27293-AGEOD-Matrix-and-Slitherine-merged!-A-message-to-the-players

Great news I think. ACW is still a great game that I like to play, but a remake with all the new features they have implemented to engine the last years could be even better.

Grüße

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:06 pm

Well, actually there is a similar thread which collects all wishes of the players for a hypothetical AACW2... that it's almost a reality.

Greetings! :thumbsup:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MarkCSA
Location: In a safe place, they couldn't hit an elephant at this distance

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:29 pm

YEE-HAW *fires 20 pd Colombiad into the air*
Murphy's Law of Combat: 'The most dangerous thing on a battlefield? An officer with a map'

caranorn

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:20 pm

MarkCSA wrote:YEE-HAW *fires 20 pd Colombiad into the air*

I'd have to look into technical details, but expect a 20 lb Columbiad would be difficult to traverse that high :-P . But I take your point and will join in the celebrations :-) ...
Marc aka Caran...

khbynum
Major

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:03 pm

The smallest Columbiad I recall was 24 lb (well before the Civil War), but being basically seacoast defense howitzers they could elevate to about 35 degrees.

Thank you, AGEOD, this news made my day! I'd pre-order now if I could. Can you give Lodi a job on the development team? He's certainly earned it.

caranorn

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:56 am

khbynum wrote:The smallest Columbiad I recall was 24 lb (well before the Civil War), but being basically seacoast defense howitzers they could elevate to about 35 degrees.

Thank you, AGEOD, this news made my day! I'd pre-order now if I could. Can you give Lodi a job on the development team? He's certainly earned it.

Should have realised 20lb would be a Parrot ;-) ...
Marc aka Caran...

DanSez
Sergeant

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:27 pm

Great news -- the link above to imporving/wish list for AACW2 has some very good ideas but it dates back to 2009 - and some ideas have already been incorporated in the last patch/version of AACW.

It might be a little late to add features - but if so, I'd hope that the start of a new sub-forum soon would ask for and define limits to such suggestions. Players want it all - designers have to balance and compromise. Let's support each other as much as possible to get a great game launched.

Stauffenberg
General

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:51 pm

That made my day. Great news.
:winner:

Lewis Armistead
Conscript

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:20 pm

Very exciting news!
Thank you sirs. :hat:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="#3399ff"]"Follow me boys!"[/color]
[color="#DAA520"]Brigadier General Lewis A. Armistead
Battle of Gettysburg
July 3, 1863
[/color]

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:34 am

Very exciting news, indeed! I might prefer something a bit more novel, but I look forward to the next incarnation - the ACW is a pretty safe bet sales-wise, I hope it makes them lots of money so they can make games about less famous conflicts! =D Having said that, I am pretty durnd excited about this, especially since I just started reading Shelby Foote's epic Civil War narrative.
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Joe Wheeler
Corporal

Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:36 pm

I am new here. This is now my most watched for new game. Dieing to hear what new stuff got in..

Gen. Monkey-Bear
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:09 am

One thing I must say about AACW is that the naval command options for the Confederacy are extremely limited. They get two admirals?? Really?? :confused: I understand that the real-life war was probably even more limited for the Confederate navy, which was basically at the mercy of its Union foe. I guess this is not really a valid complaint then, but honestly, I think most people agree with me here.

Perhaps in AACW 2 there can be one more admiral for the South? Rhett Butler perhaps? ;)

DrPostman

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:07 am

I'd at least like to see the Seahawk of the Confederacy - Charles Read. He had an extraordinary career.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Return to “Civil War II”