Soulstrider
Major

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:14 pm

anibal barca wrote:others epoch also can be very good as alexander the great campaings,assirians with famous assirian kings asurbanipal,sargon.
in the roman epoch second and third punic wars,macedonian wars,cesar campaign in gaul,syrian seleucid war roman with hannibal barca as mercenary general.
germany campaign teoutoburg forest.

I wonder if there is even any game featuring bronze-iron age history (besides civ) I wouldn't mind a game commanding Sargon's Assyria.

anibal barca
Lieutenant

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:15 pm

Franciscus wrote:Being a part of the AJE team, I can say that many of the proposed campaigns or scenarios here discussed are indeed either in the works, planned or at least possible.

Much will depend, though, on the relative success of the upcoming and future releases...

Best regards

good news. :)

anibal barca
Lieutenant

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:26 pm

Soulstrider wrote:I wonder if there is even any game featuring bronze-iron age history (besides civ) I wouldn't mind a game commanding Sargon's Assyria.

i like the assyrian army is the roman army of the bronze age.

4445183797_51d28f968f_z.jpg

Attachments
asirios_04.jpg
assyrian-army-infantry.jpg

dpt24
Sergeant

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:37 pm

Any plans on the Octavian/Anthony Vs. Brutus and Cassis, Octavian Vs. Anthony Vs. Sextus Pompey, or the Gallic Wars?

wodin
Sergeant

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:27 pm

Actually if I'd known about the stand alone side of things I'd have never bought AJE as it isn't really the period I was interested in. I bought it because I thought I'd need it for future expansions that would cover the battles\campaigns I want to play..I'm alittle miffed to be honest it feels underhand. Maybe I never read the announcement the Rome games will all be standalone games before AJE was released therefore telling us to hold off if this era isn't what your interested in. I wont bother with this release (I would have if it came out a touch cheaper for AJE owners and was an expansion). I will wait until a game covers Gaul\Germany and Britain.

As I said I don't remember this being mentioned about standalone when AJE was released...seems to have come about after Slitherine got involved. Please link me to a post that mentioned future Rome titles will be standalone that was announced pre Slitherine buy out.

bob.
General

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:02 pm

I think it was decided to do this a while after it has been announced but I really don't get why so many of you are so upset?!? (Not talking about the scenarios/modding issue, I guess that's valid even though I don't care much for it)

A simple calculation:
if it had been expansion: you pay 20 € for AJE + 20 € for BOR
now that it is standalone: you pay 20 € for AJE + 20 € for BOR

You say you thought it was an expansion and yes, it was advertised as such until shortly. That means you thought you had to pay 40 €. Now it's standalone and you still have to pay 40 €. Why do you feel cheated?

Surtur

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:56 am

It is not a matter of price, but of convienence. It is much cooler to have all scenarios in one game. Aside from that it is also easier to manage with future DLC. It is not that most of us are very upset, it is more a slight dissapointment that does not prevent us from buying these great games.

Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:07 am

I think wodin and others who are frustrated are remembering the time when AGEOD would release new scenarios with game patches or in individual zip files. I still have the last updated scenario list they put out for ACW a year or two ago. The zip file also contained the Atlanta campaign and I think one or two other small scenarios as well as updated grand campaigns. Now the strategy for AGEOD is to hold back the new scenarios, throw in a few new units, then release it and call it an expansion pack. The two release models DON'T have anything to do with price, because the old way of releasing new scenarios didn't have a price at all. This new way is like charging someone for a new refrigerator and then charging them again for the ice they make with their new ice maker that's on the fridge.

In the end, they have a right to release whatever game material or products however they choose. But like wodin and others, I was also under the assumption that new released scenarios would be put out with game patches or in zips, not packaged up as stand alone expansions. If they had intended this all along, I think they were being a bit tight lipped about their business plan. I'm not a big fan of expanded material anyway, especially at cost, so AJE will probably do it for me in this game series.

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:22 am

They used to charge 40$+ for their games too didn't they? I payed 40$ for RUS. It's pretty much gone from $40+ and free scenarios to 20$ and charged scenarios. Not a huge change, but I'd rather have all the BOR and AJE scenarios under 1 roof as well.

heyhellowhatsnew
Private

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:25 am

When will Matrix have it up?

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:32 am

I have no desire to add to the drama that is circulating around what is clearly a business decision albeit something of a surprise. We're all free to vote with our wallets and I intend to cast my ballot as soon as the ordering issues at the AGEOD site is sorted out.

As for free content, I can recall no such promises about that regarding AJE. Besides, the members' of the AGEOD probably have kids to feed, mortgages to pay for and slaves to buy so those demanding free downloads should ask themselves how much work for their employers they are prepared to do for zero compensation.

This stand alone BOR solution is not my first choice; I too was looking forward to a multi-scenario DLC to drop into AJE but little can be accomplished with what are in effect tearful accusations of conspiracy, dishonesty or corporate malfeasance. Particularly with AGEOD's track record of communicating with customers it's unlikely that the failure to communicate the format change for marketing BOR is part of an unpleasant change in AGEOD corporate philosophy. If it is we'll know soon enough and perhaps then I'll be joining the mob with pitchfork and torch in hand.

As for BOR, choosing should be easy, buy it as is or don't buy it and move on.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:43 am

I am quite sad to read so many of these comments.

I have seen many game companies, and none of them has ever treated their customers as well as Ageod. They deserve support, trust, respect, and gratitude. Every company must make money to survive. The Phils are good people, and Ageod has supported its games like no one else, doing a great deal of work for no money. But they need to make money to keep the company going, and I am happy to pay for this new game, once the web shop issues are cleared up. Random made a great point. How many people are willing to work for free? Why should Ageod?

And they have not broken faith. They said when it was first mentioned that the first expansion for AJE would cost twenty. What difference does it really make if it is stand alone or requires AJE? If it helps them survive, and maybe even thrive, I am all for it.

None of us are struggling with trying to keep the company alive, in this tough economy. I am with Ageod one hundred percent.

Kensai

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:02 am

What vaalen said. Get the game, many hours of fun are guaranteed as with all AGEOD titles. :)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Emx77

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:04 am

There is problem with BoR .exe file rendering it unplayable for a moment. So I tried to copy BoR scenarios into AJE folder. I started all of scenarios from within AJE without problem. Even did a couple of turns. It seems this is working and that you can uninstall BoR after you transfer BoR scenarios into AJE.

However, I would like someone from official team to confirm this is a valid method without unwanted consequences in a long turn.

Pocus

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:27 am

We prefer you don't do that or say that as this can promote piracy or fake bugs, you never know. AJE if updated might indeed runs BOR scenarios, but this will have to be tested on a scenario per scenario basis and even that, we can have false positive bugs of people that would not get bugs if they played a BOR scenario within BOR.

So prudence.

About the corrupted EXE issue, this seems to be sorted and identified now. We have interrupted the sells for a moment but they will resume very soon. For the people who bought the game immediately (thanks :) ) we will provide them a link to the fixed setup as soon they request it.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

vonRocko
Colonel

Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:58 pm

Random wrote: I too was looking forward to a multi-scenario DLC to drop into AJE but little can be accomplished with what are in effect tearful accusations of conspiracy, dishonesty or corporate malfeasance. .

I don't see this in the posts, some people are just a bit surprised, that's all.

heyhellowhatsnew
Private

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:27 pm

Yeah, I don't care about all that. I just want to know when it'll be up for sale on Matrix Games, or if I buy it from here, can I put the key in Matrix games as part of my profile

PJJ
Captain

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:55 pm

Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Now I'm going to start the First Punic War scenario and change history. :thumbsup:

Vincentius
Brigadier General

Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:02 pm

Can I install BoR in the AJE folder or BoR is completely separate from AJE ? (sorry for the English)
Italian videogamer (I love strategy games) :thumbsup:

Parcere subiectis et debellare superbos.
Os stulti contritio eius.
Hoc unum scio, me nihil scire.
Alea iacta est.
Mens sana in corpore sano.
Tu quoque, Brute, fili mi ?

PhilThib

Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:54 pm

Better to install separately.

Now, there are some things that can be done to run all under one single install. Contact me for explanations at pthibaut@ageod.net

heyhellowhatsnew
Private

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:30 pm

PhilThib wrote:Better to install separately.

Now, there are some things that can be done to run all under one single install. Contact me for explanations at pthibaut@ageod.net

Philippe, do you know what time it will be available on matrix or if I buy it from here, I can put the key into my Matrix profile for storage?

Bodhis
Corporal

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:43 pm

Oh no I need more time :thumbsup:

Vincentius
Brigadier General

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:21 pm

When I'm besieging (Tarentum in this case), the legions don't build the siege equipment, and I can't give any order. Is it a bug ? Please, explain me the tactics of the game. (I'm a noob, I know it)
Italian videogamer (I love strategy games) :thumbsup:

Parcere subiectis et debellare superbos.

Os stulti contritio eius.

Hoc unum scio, me nihil scire.

Alea iacta est.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

Tu quoque, Brute, fili mi ?

coturnix
Private

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:31 pm

Republican type legions won´t build siege equipment, your only choice is buying siege engines. It was the same in AJE, in the Mario vs Sulla scenario you could find imperial type legions that could build siege engines and republican type (called Alae) that couldn´t.

cwegsche
Lieutenant

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:55 pm

Actually downloading the game ... just can't wait!!
Thank you AGEOD very very much!!!! Dreaming of such titles since the times of Pax Romana :coeurs:

Franciscus

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:03 pm

coturnix wrote:Republican type legions won´t build siege equipment, your only choice is buying siege engines. It was the same in AJE, in the Mario vs Sulla scenario you could find imperial type legions that could build siege engines and republican type (called Alae) that couldn´t.

Almost right. "BOR - time" legions can sometimes build siege machines, but with a very low probability (much lower than in AJE). Sieges were many times looong affairs in ancient times, and we tried to model it. Although some factions will have siege machines and some decisions will also may help... ;)

Regards

Gferreq
Corporal

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:08 pm

GREAT game!!!, already enjoying It a lot!, also waiting for the Second púnic war...¡jaja!!
Congratulations!

heyhellowhatsnew
Private

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Can someone please answer my question? I've been asking it for 2 pages now and even devs are posting

Franciscus

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:27 pm

heyhellowhatsnew wrote:Can someone please answer my question? I've been asking it for 2 pages now and even devs are posting

Sorry, but I do not know the answer to your question (Matrix availability), maybe PhilThib knows...

Regards

DanSez
Sergeant

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:10 pm

Congratulations on the new release - already purchased and downloaded but work not allowing me more than a sneak peak. I did notice the scenario text with some confusing (in English) phrasing -- and the two Punic War scenarios have different start date/number of turns but appeared to be the same title and same description text. I am sure the game play is the same high level as AJE - so addressing polish issues like this gets pushed down the punchlist but it is the first thing a new customer sees so would pay to correct when you get a chance. Again, good luck and congratulations, looking forward to killing some Sammites tonight. I would be willing to offer text suggestions if that would help.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”