Hinkel
Lieutenant

Ageod American Civil War 2!

Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:53 am

Hey guys,

since I did not see any thread yet, Ageod seems to work on American Civil War 2.
You can see lot of images in Phils Imageshack account :D

The attachment cw2mapforts2.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
cw2mapforts2.jpg
[CENTER]The Grand Campaign project[/CENTER]
[font="Georgia"][CENTER]Commander-in-chief of the Confederate forces in the east[/CENTER][/font]
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

PhilThib

Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:02 pm

Stop hijacking my account please !! :mdr:

Hinkel
Lieutenant

Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:33 pm

PhilThib wrote:Stop hijacking my account please !! :mdr:

:coeurs: :thumbsup:

Well, its your own fault Phil hehe.
When I clicked on your new DLC picture for AJE, it leads directly to your account ;)

[font="Georgia"][CENTER]Commander-in-chief of the Confederate forces in the east[/CENTER][/font]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Leibst

Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:38 pm

uff, what amount of work with Exmap!! :bonk:
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Prussian Konig

Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:58 pm

Looks like Cuba and the Bahamas are mow open for warfare! :w00t:
Beta Tester HOI 3, EUII. AACW2 & To End All Wars!

PhilThib

Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:07 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:uff, what amount of work with Exmap!! :bonk:

Don't tell me, hours and hours...getting almost crazy here :wacko:

wosung

Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:26 pm

You almost start sweating by only *looking* at it, but coding ...
I really hope with this beast of a map turn resolution will be more like in AACW1 rather than in PON.
There'll be turn resolution and not a pause button, right?!

Best regards

exar83
Private

Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:00 pm

Oh man, oh man!!! I can't wait!! This is going to be so sweet!! I wonder what the price will be? I'm not trying to push the price up here but I only give my money to people who deserve it and I would gladly pay $60 (that's what new games cost these days i think) for AACW2.

Hinkel
Lieutenant

Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:43 pm

I guess it will be 19,99 .. or when its a way more bigger game, they will sell it for 29,99! :)

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

PhilThib

Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:44 pm

Much more than that, don't dream !! :D

Hinkel
Lieutenant

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:06 pm

Phil, it wouldnt be a problem! :D

But when I look back to PoN.. it was for 19,99 on steam! And PoN has a huge amount of features.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

anjou
Lieutenant

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:56 pm

That looks awfully pretty

Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:10 am

All those regions... dear god. The logistics. Guess we can cancel Christmas furlough. :blink:

Blind Sniper
Sergeant

Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:09 pm

Glad to see the map impreved!
Any chance to see a more detailed logistic system? I mean actually is too easy keep the units supplied especially the amphibious forces.

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:12 pm

With this map we can do the Sibley's campaign in the west ! cf "le bon, la brute et le truand" Sergio Leone !

:thumbsup:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

PhilThib

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Hinkel wrote:Phil, it wouldnt be a problem! :D

But when I look back to PoN.. it was for 19,99 on steam! And PoN has a huge amount of features.

True, but iMHO such a low price was a mistake.... Content must be paid in proportion of it's worth and efforts put in it... not to match prices that go down because that's a marketing diktat ! :)

ashandresash
Captain

Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:28 pm

PhilThib wrote:True, but iMHO such a low price was a mistake.... Content must be paid in proportion of it's worth and efforts put in it... not to match prices that go down because that's a marketing diktat ! :)

Yeah, I completely agree. I'm a big fan of Paradox and they're releasing their "main" games at 39,99 (29,99 in games of more limited scipe) what I think it's fine.

By the way, huge and great map! Overwhelming!

wosung

Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:31 pm

PhilThib wrote:True, but iMHO such a low price was a mistake.... Content must be paid in proportion of it's worth and efforts put in it... not to match prices that go down because that's a marketing diktat ! :)

Sounds like talking about Slitherine/Matrix and Paradox pricing models...

My wishes for future AGE games: Easier moddability & faster turn resolution.

Best regards

Philo32b
Captain

Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:10 pm

When I consider how many hours of enjoyment I continually get out of AGEOD games, for what I have paid for them the cost per hour of entertainment is absurdly low.

A good setup would be to have one game that appeals most to new users at a low price to get new people hooked. Then maintain higher prices on all the other software products and only very rarely discount those (if at all). If BIA is the introductory game (because it has less rules to complicate things for new players), new players who buy it will--if they get hooked--eventually buy several of the rest at standard price. The "if they get hooked" part is vital, though, and so going overboard on tutorials for BIA (and guides, official forum moderators to help, etc) would help cultivate a growing generation of players/spenders.

And don't worry about the age of the game versus maintaining high cost. If good conditions exist (the forum is alive, good game reviews exist, multiplayer abounds, and the price is high), buyers will understand that the value is there.

Gen. Monkey-Bear
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:39 pm

Wow, it looks great. I can't wait to open the war up to the whole North American continent!

Pocus

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:17 pm

About the map, don't worry if it is bigger, this don't mean you will spam divisions and corps in the Far West. The aim here is to propose low-intensity scenarios, with a lot of regional decisions and skirmishing. Think of that like a marriage between a wargame and a card-driven game.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Gen. Monkey-Bear
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:27 pm

About the map, don't worry if it is bigger, this don't mean you will spam divisions and corps in the Far West. The aim here is to propose low-intensity scenarios, with a lot of regional decisions and skirmishing. Think of that like a marriage between a wargame and a card-driven game.

Sounds good.

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Pocus wrote:About the map, don't worry if it is bigger, this don't mean you will spam divisions and corps in the Far West. The aim here is to propose low-intensity scenarios, with a lot of regional decisions and skirmishing. Think of that like a marriage between a wargame and a card-driven game.

With more Indian tribes ? Apaches ? Chiricahuas ?

:thumbsup: :indien:

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:45 am

I really hope that forts and fort construction will become a bigger issue, especially out west where supply chains and Indian conflict affected troops' ability to move and function. Fort building in the east might have some tactical benefits, but out west they should be crucial.

And I also agree with Fenris, I hope that Indian skirmishers and raider units will have more of an impact in the western theater. In ACW 1 Stand Watie sure seemed lonely out there all by himself.

Metatron

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:31 pm

Looks and sounds great, but I hope we will not loose that old school map graphic style that made ACW, ROP, WIA and RUS so special for me. AJE like map graphics are easier to make I guess but doesn't have the same flair and style. Don't know if other people feel the same way.

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:29 pm

Metatron wrote:Looks and sounds great, but I hope we will not loose that old school map graphic style that made ACW, ROP, WIA and RUS so special for me. AJE like map graphics are easier to make I guess but doesn't have the same flair and style. Don't know if other people feel the same way.

I agree with you, i think the WIA map is the most beautiful.

[/I]

Blind Sniper
Sergeant

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:46 pm

Metatron wrote:Looks and sounds great, but I hope we will not loose that old school map graphic style that made ACW, ROP, WIA and RUS so special for me. AJE like map graphics are easier to make I guess but doesn't have the same flair and style. Don't know if other people feel the same way.

+2, much better these maps than AJE (IMHO) :)

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:08 pm

I think exactly the same as you, guys. :love:

But, as far I know by what I've read, it seems that most of players would prefer the AJE map style. IMHO, one of the things that provides to AACW its flavour is the map. I love it.

Anyway, I'll have no problem to get used to the new map. ;)
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:56 pm

the mountains are more visible in the new map IMHO.

And ALL the new territories in the West ! ah ! cavalry raids and adventure ! following the trail of the Confederate Treasure.

And perhaps extension with the wars in Mexico...

:thumbsup:

[/I]

Hobbes

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:40 pm

Ethan wrote:I think exactly the same as you, guys. :love:

But, as far I know by what I've read, it seems that most of players would prefer the AJE map style. IMHO, one of the things that provides to AACW its flavour is the map. I love it.

Anyway, I'll have no problem to get used to the new map. ;)

I love the old maps (Sandra?) - although I seem to have been the only person to obsess about swamp cypress trees in the north
(anything out of place like this or modern looking leader portraits (worse Kirk Douglas) leads to a loss of immersion for me).
AJE is a fine map though - as long as a map is not pointlessly 3D I'm happy.

Cheers,
Chris

Return to “Civil War II”