Random
AGEod Veteran

Garrison Question

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:48 pm

Two-Player Grand Campaign as the Entente, just finished the October 1915 turn. Have been repeatedly penalized in National Will for failure to garrison:

Britain -1 NW for failing to garrison the frontiers of Britain and yet there are no revolts and corps in India and the African colonies. What still requires garrisoning?

France -1 NW for failing to garrison the frontiers of France, the is a revolt in French Indochina where the required 3-corps garrison has been for some time. The front with Germany is continuous and +2 entrenched. Where are additional garrisons needed?

Edit: Spanish diplomacy is at 21 and the requirement for the three-corps garrison in Toulouse kicks in at 23.

Italy -1 NW for failing to garrison Libya but there is a corps stationed there and has been since Italy entered the war.

No problems getting tagged with NW penalties for failure to do something provided it is known what that something is. Checked The Big Manual, The Big Manual Additions, the Readme.rtf, Tips.rtf and WW1G_Hints.rtf and found nothing regarding required garrisons and the loss of NW. If I do not know what the problem is, it is impossible to fix and this continual and inexplicable drain on NW is somewhat frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

Removed the saved game files since they used customized Units.cfg and modified scenario files.

calvinus

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:22 am

For Britain I remember there was a rule (in the boardgame) that requires a certain number of corps to be kept in England, but I'm not sure the rule is also in the PC game.

I think the best way (for me) is to debug your saved game and check if there's something wrong in the frontiers garrisoning checks. But I see you removed the saved games. :(
Visit my other games at : http://www.calvinusgames.com

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:34 pm

calvinus wrote:For Britain I remember there was a rule (in the boardgame) that requires a certain number of corps to be kept in England, but I'm not sure the rule is also in the PC game.

I think the best way (for me) is to debug your saved game and check if there's something wrong in the frontiers garrisoning checks. But I see you removed the saved games. :(

Understood, unfortunately there are some modded files in use that might cause a crash if the save is plugged into Stock so decided against uploading them all. I have four corps and Third Army HQ in Britain, a continuous line of units (although there is at least one province with a single corps only) along the Western Front and the Italian Africa unit in Libya as garrison.

Was hoping that there was some undocumented condition that I am failing to meet rather than seeing a bug. Am testing some mods with this campaign but none that should effect garrison requirements.

Thanks for replying.

calvinus

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:42 pm

These effects should be generated by the rule TR_PeacefulFrontiersGarrisoning.

The effects are notified by a message like this:

"National Morale of NNN suffered from a loss of N points because of the ungarrisoning of frontiers in XXX".

You can check all occurreces of this rule TR_PeacefulFrontiersGarrisoning inside the savegame file.

Unfortunately, if I cannot debug the rule, there's no way for me to check if there's some bug.
Visit my other games at : http://www.calvinusgames.com

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”