runyan99

There is no J in Latin

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:57 pm

So, I'm a little curious about the spelling choice. My Latin dictionary for J simply says, "See I".

yellow ribbon

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:11 pm

runyan99 wrote:So, I'm a little curious about the spelling choice. My Latin dictionary for J simply says, "See I".

see: i.e.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?25285-What-s-in-a-name

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?24497-AGEOD-s-New-Game-ALEA-JACTA-EST

for more people pondering about... well, in two and a half weeks you all will be busy with playing anyway ;) ;) ;)
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:19 pm

Game from french devs, company named AGEod. So, I can figure the J, as in french AGE is spoken the same as AJE.

yellow ribbon

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:27 pm

ERISS wrote:Game from french devs, company named AGEod. So, I can figure the J, as in french AGE is spoken the same as AJE.

:thumbsup: i like this one... :bonk: , good that the name doesnt contain any "H" then...
...not paid by AGEOD.

however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Ebbingford

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:15 am

There is no J in Latin

Yet Julius Caesar is always spelt with a "J". :)

Nobody complains about that. :)

PhilThib

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:55 am

Indeed :thumbsup: ... plus making an I as in old Latin would have meant an acronym being AIE.......which we cannot use for many reason (and not only copyright of Agence Internationale de l'Energie)....so let's close the matter.
Thanks

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”