lodilefty

ROP Patch 1.03b Public Beta RC1 = August 2, 2012

Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:12 pm

As always, Caveat Emptor - this is a beta patch for public trials

<link removed>

================================================== =====================================
Rise of Prussia Update 1.03b = Release Candidate 1 August 2, 2012
================================================== =====================================
The patch is a comprehensive patch, meaning it can be applied directly over your initial game installation setup version. It includes all changes since the beginning.

• Events
    • Sanitation Event will no longer select a Fixed group
    • 1756 and 1757 Campaigns:
      • AUS gets a free Depot at Wierzbolow when Russians land at Memel
    • 1762 Campaign:
      • Removed events causing duplicated leaders
  • Database
    • Corrected Seaman ability to give bonus in water regions and transition links
  • Text
    • Latest version of LocalStrings__AGE.csv

Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Kensai

Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:18 pm

Thanks!
Please consider the balancing issue with the Swedes. It doesn't have to be dramatic, just something to avoid gamey situations in PBEM with loan 3-star Generals from other powers.

Also, consider reverting that change you had made regarding Pirna's capitulation on turn 1. This is what happened to our PBEM, I lost Pirna just after the first turn, no fight, they just surrendered. I know of the triggering event of the blockade of the three roads, but at least let that be at least 3 turns.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

lodilefty

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:41 pm

Kensai wrote:Thanks!
Please consider the balancing issue with the Swedes. It doesn't have to be dramatic, just something to avoid gamey situations in PBEM with loan 3-star Generals from other powers.

Also, consider reverting that change you had made regarding Pirna's capitulation on turn 1. This is what happened to our PBEM, I lost Pirna just after the first turn, no fight, they just surrendered. I know of the triggering event of the blockade of the three roads, but at least let that be at least 3 turns.

Swedes are WAD
Saxon events are WAD.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Kensai

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:11 am

The design may be wrong then! If it works as designed (WAD) and you get as Austrian these huge gamey penalties right from the start, there is an issue. :confused:
At least, if you have time, please consider the suggested changes. They are pretty minor and balance out the gamey human approach that leaves no options.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:

lodilefty

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:37 pm

I tested Saxon Capitulation again, this time hot-seat with orders to PRU anticipating the non-gamey escape strategy.

Result is that it is extremely unlikely that Saxons escape when PRU "knows" what to do.

Trigger probability will thus revert to 75% as in original game design.
Please be prepared to help answer "I've met all the criteria, but the Saxons didn't capitulate"

My "escape strategy" utilizes tried and true "non-gamey" AGEOD game practices:
1. Never allow a large force to sit inside a structure when a large enemy force is approaching.
2. Don't overlook the use of transport shipping with distant unload to rapidly move forces to a distant region.

Swedes solution was answered in another thread, so no further discussion needed here.

Attached is modified Saxon Capitulation events.
Extract into \ROP\Events
1 file will be overwritten
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:10 pm

I think I figured out how to get the Saxon's out without fail, though it may be more of a curse than blessing against a human player.

Anyway, I had a few minor problems I noticed playing as the Austrians. The raise more money option doesn't return after the first use. I'm guessing that's an easy fix. Set it to once every 3-4 months? Also, the Palatinate faction is just a handful of 1 grenadier/3 regular infantry brigades. Problem is, they only get a handful of regular replacements from time to time. This means the grenadier elements never get replacements and die on first contact. I'm thinking you could just change them to regular infantry or give the palatinate faction a few elite replacements. Or just allow the player to build depot/gr depot battalions for them.

Other than that, I've been surprised with how bug free this game is. Much better than RUS was when I first bought it, though this has had more time for fixes. Was the northerner trait fixed or is it still a problem?

lodilefty

Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:48 pm

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne wrote:I think I figured out how to get the Saxon's out without fail, though it may be more of a curse than blessing against a human player.

Anyway, I had a few minor problems I noticed playing as the Austrians. The raise more money option doesn't return after the first use. I'm guessing that's an easy fix. Set it to once every 3-4 months? Also, the Palatinate faction is just a handful of 1 grenadier/3 regular infantry brigades. Problem is, they only get a handful of regular replacements from time to time. This means the grenadier elements never get replacements and die on first contact. I'm thinking you could just change them to regular infantry or give the palatinate faction a few elite replacements. Or just allow the player to build depot/gr depot battalions for them.

Other than that, I've been surprised with how bug free this game is. Much better than RUS was when I first bought it, though this has had more time for fixes. Was the northerner trait fixed or is it still a problem?

Money option regenerates 4x per year [Jan, April, July, October], only if current money pool is <= 25 on that date.

Will add 1 free PAL Elite rpl 2x per year starting November 1756

Thanks for the compliment! I hope both ROP and RUS can keep "growing" :)

Edit: Reviewed Northerner trait: Will now apply to all SWE forces that are outside of "Swedish Territory".
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Kensai

Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:39 pm

Your doing a great job, lodifefty. Thanks for the reversal! I will personally answer all the threads asking about what happens! :p
Consider this: the tooltip says the Saxons should capitulate in 1-3 turns after the Prussians block all three roads (and have Pirna under siege). With 100% probability, it is always 1 turn. With 75% it is more than certain that it will be the first 2 turns, thus the average. If the Prussians are so unlucky not to manage it by the first months, then the battle of Lobositz (or its equivalent) should take place and the Saxons have an alternate reality possibility to be salvaged.

1. Never allow a large force to sit inside a structure when a large enemy force is approaching.

Sure, but Saxons are locked for the first turns, so you can't even attempt to escape.
Großdeutschland Mod

Narwhal

Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:22 pm

I was one of the whinners when you first amended the event but I understand your action.
Would it be possible that you change the "Pirna surrender" description (tooltip), the one you receive at the beginning of a 1756 game so that it says the Saxons MAY surrender as long as the 3 roads are controlled (instead of "will surrender after 1 - 3 turns"). This way, the player will not believe that it is a bug if Saxons do not actually surrender after 3 turns.

It might be more complicated, but if you really want everyone to SEE that there is not bug, every turn as long as the Saxons do not surrender, you might add one of these "info" event, depending on the situation :
- Some roads to Pirna are still under Austrian control, and the Saxons refuse to surrender.
- The Saxons know that a significant Austrian force is in Saxony, and they refuse to surrender.
- While desperate due to the lack of open roads and the absence of Austrian support, the Saxons did not surrender... yet. All the conditions are in place, though, and they may surrender anytime.

WHat does your modification to the Swedes entail ? They have a malus everywhere except in Scandinavia ?

lodilefty

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:52 pm

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve RoP”