Jerzul
Captain

Occupier/Hated Occupier

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:12 am

What do these traits actually do? I find their descriptions woefully unhelpful. Thanks in advance!
I have heard, in such a way as to believe it, of your recently saying that both the army and the government needed a dictator. Of course it was not for this, but in spite of it, that I have given you the command. Only those generals who gain success can be dictators. What I now ask of you is military success, and I will risk the dictatorship.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1863, in a letter to Major General Joseph Hooker.

exar83
Private

Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:53 am

well just off the top of my head I believe they both bind the loyalty of a region to a certain percentage of loyalty and I believe the Hated Occupier more narrowly binds loyalty. If you're wondering how useful those traits are then i'm not super sure about that except what was recently discussed in the creation of artillery thread. You may need to build artillery in a specific region and I believe in some states you have to have a decent percentage of loyalty in that region in order to do so and the Occupier trait can help you achieve this.

Durk

Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:18 am

For what it is worth, this is my take: in the city the leader occupies, if he is the commander of a force, the city (or region) will have at least 30% loyalty. If the city provides VP's, then these are actually negative instead of positive.
The distinction between Hated Occupier and Occupier is obscure. I think, and this is a guess at best based upon my observation, the occupier will allow Loyalty to rise to 70%. The Hated Occupier keeps Loyalty at 30%
If the city is the capital, this effect applies across the state.

gchristie
Brigadier General

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Jerzul wrote:What do these traits actually do? I find their descriptions woefully unhelpful. Thanks in advance!

Agreed. It appears the difference is one will "not hesitate" to proclaim ML, the other will apply it with "extreme severity." So it appears to be a matter of degree but it isn't explained. I seem to recall some threads inquiring whether the abilities work at all, but maybe that was resolved in one of the patches.

From the AACW wiki:

Abilities
Hated Occupier
• This leader will apply Martial Law with extreme severity in any rebellious city he has to pacify.
Occupier
• This leader will not hesitate to proclaim Martial Law in any rebellious city he has to administer.

While the following does not address your question directly, it does explain what the application of Martial Law does on a state level, so I assume the same holds at the city level if the abiliities are working and the leader is in the region with the city.

From the loyalties screen
Martial law applied
This policy ensures loyalty doesn’t fall below 30%. The downside being that it also limits loyalty to a maximum of 70%. In addition, controlled objectives in the state produce negative VP’s as long as this policy is in effect.
Note: Remember, the policy is applied at the state level, meaning that each region in the given state will experience the same policy. Carefully weigh your decision!

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi folks! :)

Curiously, six days ago a member (Fenris) raised in the Spanish subforum the same question and I was going to ask it in the main game forum because I certainly don't understand how they work exactly.

It would be helpful if someone could clarify it. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Greetings! :wavey:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:58 pm

hello !

the mistery of this game !
Do you have to apply the martial law in the state if you want to use the leader "Occupier" ability ??
If you put Butler or Lyon in New Orleans after the conquest, they will raise the loyalty of the city ??

:bonk: :wavey:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”