squidelica
Sergeant

problems with chinese loyalty

Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:49 pm

hi- i've noticed that in couple of the GC's ive started using the 1.02d patch that the chinese gain loyalty in some areas within western euprope, i'm guessing this is'nt WAD.....
Attachments
British Empire GC.rar
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 234 times

Jim-NC

Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:42 am

It was a side effect added in 1.02d. Don't know why or how, but that is where it first appeared.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Metalist
Sergeant

Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:22 pm

As far as i know every beta patch of 1.02 has loyalty bug, so for a game without loyalty bug you should play with 1.02 official patch.

squidelica
Sergeant

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:23 pm

bummer, well lets hope they sort it out soon, am getting miffed at having to keep restarting campaigns everytime a new patch comes out.......how long has this game been out?

Pocus

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:00 am

I indeed see that you are plagued with a lot of Chinese (not offence to them) loyalties in your game... Right now we are running the game to see if it comes from the Taipeing rebellion, it seems not. Any clue on how to pinpoint the problem is welcome.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Jim-NC

Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:20 am

Wait till the Civil War. Then everyone gets CSA loyalties everywhere. Well not everywhere, only in the important strategic cities/regions.

It might have something to do with how the game calculates new loyalties when a new faction is created (CSA/Taipeing/Mughal). It has to add loyalties for that faction in the correct areas, but may add a small percentage to all strategic cities. Just a guess on my part.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:43 pm

In my current game as France it started relatively early in 1850 as I recall, with China getting a CB over Alsace, Provence and several other areas. Walloon and parts of Bavaria are also overflowing with Chinese and no doubt more places. Curiously though the loyalty issue does not seem to affect production or the ability to build.

Attached sceenshots show the Regional Census with the top six French areas suffering from the Chinese Loyalty Syndrome (CLS) and other areas of Europe suffering from the heartbreak of CLS.

Chinese Takeover.JPG
Chinese Takeover.JPG

Please help! Only AGEOD can cure CLS in our time!

On a more serious note I have a save as France from March 1850 where CLS has not yet shown up. Will try to run it out and get before and after saves if that would help.
Attachments
Lombardia Loyalty.JPG

Boernes
Sergeant

Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:16 pm

From what I notices so far, it happens whenever new factions appear, or when one faction is able to gain a major victory (Britain capturing Delhi from the Mughals, the US winning the civil war, Germany/Italy starting to unify, all the likes ...

squidelica
Sergeant

more unloyalty.....

Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:23 pm

in another GC as italy i noticed last turn that loads of area's near me had gained loyalty to turks......shame i was just starting to get on top of my economic resources and start building an army to take on some austrian death stacks......sigh
Attachments
Italy GC.rar
(4.67 MiB) Downloaded 217 times

Francois Xavier
Conscript

Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:14 am

I'm pretty sure it's related to objective provinces in some way.

Pocus

Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:36 am

Problem is that the code has been changed on Nov 2011 to prevent this unwanted domino effect. Now you can only get some loyalty points by this 'ripple' phenomena if you already have at least 1 pt in region.

I need a save with a backup1 folder, current save show a 'corrupted' region, backup1 (previous turn) shows it without problem. Then I can redo the turn and see what went wrong.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

squidelica
Sergeant

Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:32 pm

Pocus wrote:I need a save with a backup1 folder, current save show a 'corrupted' region, backup1 (previous turn) shows it without problem. Then I can redo the turn and see what went wrong.

is the italy gc file i posted not any good?

Pocus

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:05 am

squidelica wrote:is the italy gc file i posted not any good?

No, all 3 backups are already showing Turkish loyalty, I need the transition or I can't trace the cause.

squidelica
Sergeant

Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:03 pm

cool i will keep my eyes open for it then

squidelica
Sergeant

Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:11 pm

here's the saves from a france gc i started the other night, backup3 is uncorrupted backup 2 & 1 have loyatly skewed in some regions, this time with taipang rebel loyalty.....
Attachments
France GC.rar
(4.21 MiB) Downloaded 256 times

Pocus

Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:21 pm

squidelica wrote:here's the saves from a france gc i started the other night, backup3 is uncorrupted backup 2 & 1 have loyatly skewed in some regions, this time with taipang rebel loyalty.....

Hi again Squidelica,

Thanks again for the save. I was unable to have some Taipeing appears in France (that is plagued by a lot of rebels), contrary to you... If you factor also that we ran several games for years these days without any weird loyalties, I would say that the bug might have been fixed. We will try to put out a quickfix today or tomorrow for you to see.

glennbob
Corporal

Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Pocus wrote:Hi again Squidelica,

Thanks again for the save. I was unable to have some Taipeing appears in France (that is plagued by a lot of rebels), contrary to you... If you factor also that we ran several games for years these days without any weird loyalties, I would say that the bug might have been fixed. We will try to put out a quickfix today or tomorrow for you to see.

Thats so good to hear, I hope you can also fix the GIN/IND issue with British Indian troops :D Good work so far, this game will be the greatest ever if it see's fixes like this :P

squidelica
Sergeant

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:20 pm

i have a bunch more saves from the same GC as france when different loyalties to other factions showed up i can provide?, so far only taipeing, chinese or turk- which makes me wonder if it is connected to when a faction has a big victory of some kind?
ive discovered that when funny loyalty shows up if i backpedal a turn and replay,the bug does'nt occur. although while the turn was processing and i hovered mouse over an affected region, i noticed that the tooltip showed the region in question had recieved 2% increase in turk, chinese or taipeing loyalty . after the turn processed there did'nt seem to be any problem with loyalty.
it only seems to occur in regions which are victory objectives? also another thing which makes me think it has something to do with a faction winning a big victory is that whilst playing as france i went to war against russia and had a big victory while taking odessa, this gave me 5% loyalty in this region, i was'nt sure if it was WAD, ive never noticed it before.....

squidelica
Sergeant

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:21 pm

i have a bunch more saves from the same GC as france when different loyalties to other factions showed up i can provide?, so far only taipeing, chinese or turk- which makes me wonder if it is connected to when a faction has a big victory of some kind?
ive discovered that when funny loyalty shows up if i backpedal a turn and replay,the bug does'nt occur. although while the turn was processing and i hovered mouse over an affected region, i noticed that the tooltip showed the region in question had recieved 2% increase in turk, chinese or taipeing loyalty . after the turn processed there did'nt seem to be any problem with loyalty.
it only seems to occur in regions which are victory objectives? also another thing which makes me think it has something to do with a faction winning a big victory is that whilst playing as france i went to war against russia and had a big victory while taking odessa, this gave me 5% loyalty in this region, i was'nt sure if it was WAD, ive never noticed it before.....

squidelica
Sergeant

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:16 pm

just as an update i made a fresh installation of PON and applied the PON/VGN 1.03 First Release Candidate. i started a new GC as russia all went well up untill 1856, then unfortunatly i noticed petersburg had gained loyatly to the mughals lol. this seemed to coincide with the outbreak of war between GB and mughal empire. anyway ive just downloaded the PON/VGN 1.03 Second Release Candidate so will start a new GC and see what happens......
another thing i noticed playing the Russia GC is that the no-children work option re-spams everytime i use it, which is kinda neat for me (playing as russia), i was'nt sure if it is WAD as it has'nt occured in any other GC ive played as other nations.....

Pocus

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:25 am

Alas if 1.03 RC1 saw again a loyalty bug on behalf of the Mughals, then it seems the problem remains... In none of your save it is reproducible? That will make it hard to fix.
Will check for the band children work thing, if the scripts differs from the others ones.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:26 pm

Pocus wrote:Alas if 1.03 RC1 saw again a loyalty bug on behalf of the Mughals, then it seems the problem remains... In none of your save it is reproducible? That will make it hard to fix.
Will check for the band children work thing, if the scripts differs from the others ones.

Find attached saves from my French GC in PON 1.03RC2 for Turns 169 and 170.

For Turn 170 item 6/159 in the log for the previous turn states "China has received a CB against Britain for its control of Leinster" and a check of that province shows that Leinster is now 40%+ loyal to China and only 4% loyal to Britain.

Check turn 169 and you should see that this is not the case with loyalty in Leinster and that loyalty to Britain is still nominal. Therefore the loyalty bug seems related to the AI issuing CB's whether through scripting or whatever criteria is used. It does not appear to be related to Child Labour event at all and when my six infected provinces became loyal to China they were all the result of Chinese CB's against France.

[ATTACH]19147[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]19148[/ATTACH]

Thank you for your time, hope this helps.
Attachments
Chinese in Leinster 169.zip
(2.55 MiB) Downloaded 190 times
Chinese in Leinster 170.zip
(2.62 MiB) Downloaded 170 times

Francois Xavier
Conscript

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Here, I think I caught it. Backup1 should be uncorrupted. At least for Japan. Version 1.03RC2.
Attachments
1850 GC Japan.rar
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 173 times

Pocus

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:35 pm

Francois Xavier wrote:Here, I think I caught it. Backup1 should be uncorrupted. At least for Japan. Version 1.03RC2.

Checked it, the Turks don't reappear when I run the backup, contrary to the current situation, sorry. Bug seems to not be reproducible. I disabled the most probable piece of code, we will see in next release candidate.

Pocus

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:35 pm

Random wrote:Find attached saves from my French GC in PON 1.03RC2 for Turns 169 and 170.

For Turn 170 item 6/159 in the log for the previous turn states "China has received a CB against Britain for its control of Leinster" and a check of that province shows that Leinster is now 40%+ loyal to China and only 4% loyal to Britain.

Check turn 169 and you should see that this is not the case with loyalty in Leinster and that loyalty to Britain is still nominal. Therefore the loyalty bug seems related to the AI issuing CB's whether through scripting or whatever criteria is used. It does not appear to be related to Child Labour event at all and when my six infected provinces became loyal to China they were all the result of Chinese CB's against France.

[ATTACH]19147[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]19148[/ATTACH]

Thank you for your time, hope this helps.

Alas, turn 169 has Leinster already totally messed up.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Pocus wrote:Alas, turn 169 has Leinster already totally messed up.

Odd, when I re-ran the turn before zipping it up I was certain that Leinster was Anglo-Irish with 10% rebels, perhaps I should have taken a screenshot showing the loyalty tool tip at that time. However, just loaded up the save that I sent and you are correct; apologies for the bad data but thank you for looking.

Francois Xavier
Conscript

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:58 pm

Pocus wrote:Checked it, the Turks don't reappear when I run the backup, contrary to the current situation, sorry. Bug seems to not be reproducible. I disabled the most probable piece of code, we will see in next release candidate.

I've noticed when running turns that sometimes when I hover over an objective region there will be an odd 2% loyalty during processing of days phase, then at the end it's no longer there. So it seems that something is working, but obviously not 100%.

Pocus

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:10 pm

I came with a self correcting stuff for the engine, based on your national identity, and with the console debug, you can hasten the process.

* Depending of the National Identity attribute, some loyalties in each country will be attrited away and given to owner.
* If you have suffered from the loyalty bug, you can bring the console and type ‘CleanupLoyalty’. On next turn processing, odd loyalties will start to be removed. This will use the same logic as in the line before, only 100 times faster.

for the next RC that should come rapidly now.

Return to “Pride of Nations”