koningtiger
Lieutenant

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:21 am

Ehm...a bit of betatesting with the screenshots. :9

I think the city in the north of Saguntun cant be Iliturgi, Iliturgi was near the betis river, in the south, today in the province of Jaen, Andalucía.

I am not sure, but i think there isnt an important city with that name at north of Saguntum.

Caradoc
Corporal

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:02 pm

This is looking good. Will there be a demo as in previous Ageod games?

yellow ribbon

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:36 pm

koningtiger wrote:Ehm...a bit of betatesting with the screenshots. :9

I think the city in the north of Saguntun cant be Iliturgi, Iliturgi was near the betis river, in the south, today in the province of Jaen, Andalucía.

I am not sure, but i think there isnt an important city with that name at north of Saguntum.

just try to find a english speaking copy of for instance

A. Schulten
Hermes
63. Bd., H. 2 Apr., 1928

you will find that comparing with Caesars de bello gallico there are multiple names of areas and places during that time. Even for famous places like MUNDA
he´s quoting Plinius and others too

Iliturgi has also different locations.

sorry, do find only the german book online and free to public right now

compare:

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/4474097?uid=3737864&uid=2129&uid=2&uid=70&uid=4&sid=56237936873

Hübner treats in

Monumenta Linguae Ibericae 20 places which have double locations on the spanish peninsula at least, mentioned in the german text above
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

fabius
Conscript

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:44 pm

PhilThib wrote:Yes, and this changes over time...for instance, in the early ages of Rome, Legions can only be raised in Italia...then when the empire grows and Roman citizenships or colonies expand out of the Peninsula, you can start recruiting good Roman troops elsewhere :thumbsup:

As others have said this game is looking awesome, so awesome that it's motivated me to join the forum- "hello everybody".

I have PoN and found that to be the best thought out game that I've bought in years, if not ever. But yes I wait for a patch ;)
But on the back of that experience and your continued support of games this is a day one buy for me. So good luck with it.

Good luck with it.

yellow ribbon

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:51 pm

crossreading it and taking for granted that the roman catholic church still names your mentioned place next Jaen TUCCI, we may derive two different TUCCI and one ITUCCI mentioned in the text above :bonk:
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Robert E. Lee
Private

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:29 am

This is going to be the best game ever....as an aficionado for Ancient History i am just salivating...these are the most amazing maps of the Antic World i've ever seen in a game...and it's HUGE. Omg...my wife is going to hate you ;)

Just dreaming....this game combined with Field of Glory by Slitherine or HPS ancient wars! :love:
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it"

koningtiger
Lieutenant

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:06 am

yellow ribbon wrote:crossreading it and taking for granted that the roman catholic church still names your mentioned place next Jaen TUCCI, we may derive two different TUCCI and one ITUCCI mentioned in the text above :bonk:

I know, i know, there are a lot of cities or towns with the same name in the period, and more before that, think in Alexandrias and Heracleas.. :D

What i was saying is that the most famous Iliturgi was near nowadays Jaen, dont know any big Iliturgi in Castellón or Tarragona provinces. Perhaps Dertosa in the Ebro Delta could fit better there.

The attachment sertorio.gif is no longer available

Another little thing, the river Sucro (Júcar) ends 100 or 150 km south of Saguntum, not at the north of it.
Attachments
sertorio.gif

yellow ribbon

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:58 am

i make a deal with you,

i am going to copy the last post from you into the "historical" thread of the beta test forum. to ensure that it doesnt get lost.

but as they told us before as betas, no design changes, not yet...

i looked it up, there is a "Tucci" mentioned for roughly the maps area, but the size of the town does not make sense then...

for the river, i cant speak free about something like this...

just imagine me a silent Golem in other forums as long i am involved in testing :wacko:
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

koningtiger
Lieutenant

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:18 pm

ok. the name of the town isnt important, the river thing it is. :)

Bodhis
Corporal

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi everbody,
have been a forum-lurker for several years now and thought it is finaly time to post on this forum. I love all the athena games out their, especially RoP, RuS and WiA.
Just wanted to say this game so far looks fantastic. I like the look of the graphics and can't wait to see how the antique scenario will work with athena.

Greetings

gekkoguy82
Major

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:36 pm

:wavey: Hi Bodhis! Welcome! Ageod = awesome.

Hello to fabius way at the top of the page as well!!

wijse

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Will the game be better optimized than Pride of Nations in terms of loading and memory?
Also known as wis on the paradox forums.

Kensai

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:24 am

Since it will be mainly a war (and not an economic) game, using v2 of the engine, chances are that it will be extremely fast and optimized. By the way, the developers are working in improving the performance of v3 (PON engine) as well.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Caradoc
Corporal

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:55 pm

OK be honest how many of you keep visiting here to see if you have won a golden ticket? :w00t:
You do not stop playing because you grow old.
You grow old because you stop playing.

Warsage
Colonel

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:30 pm

Caradoc wrote:OK be honest how many of you keep visiting here to see if you have won a golden ticket? :w00t:

A golden ticket? What is that? :blink:

Caradoc
Corporal

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:28 pm

The code for beta testing this new game.
You do not stop playing because you grow old.

You grow old because you stop playing.

gekkoguy82
Major

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:31 pm

Caradoc wrote:The code for beta testing this new game.

Nuts, I thought Willy Wonka was involved somehow.

Bohémond

Production Ledger Page

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:50 pm

For those who want to manage units production and replacements.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Regards

Solemnace
Corporal

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Nothing out of the Ordinary there But still interesting. Your making me more eager for this to come out with every picture.

Kensai

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Looks very good. Could you show us units of other factions as well?! :)
Anything special? Elephants?
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

PhilThib

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:38 am

Lots of interesting original units: Elephants, Scythe Charriots, Parthian horse-archers, Balearic slingers, etc..., etc...I have not seen all of them yet :thumbsup:

Searry
Colonel

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:33 pm

Are the terrain graphics going to be as awesome as in ROP and RUS?

Solemnace
Corporal

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Elephants Yes Now I've just got to build an army with an Excessive Amount of Elephants and all will be good. :thumbsup:

Bodhis
Corporal

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:47 pm

Searry wrote:Are the terrain graphics going to be as awesome as in ROP and RUS?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/imperatorsev193.jpg/
The style seems to be quiet different, but together with these nice little trees they look great ;)

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:36 am

I first saw the announcemt a few days a ago (you did a very good job of hiding it!) and the subject is one of my favourites so I look forward to the release!!!

I just hope it is released when Im not working in august-september.
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

PhilThib

Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:40 am

Most likely Yes :thumbsup:

Bohémond

RGD on Map

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:53 pm

For those who want to know if there are new features ; Regional Decisions on Map.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Regards

koningtiger
Lieutenant

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:18 am

Great! Rome must pay me with a triumph. :)

Pocus

Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:33 pm

Did you spoke of dynamic graphics already?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Bohémond

Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:43 pm

Pocus wrote:Did you spoke of dynamic graphics already?

Not yet,

I have to talk with our communication plan team leader.

Regards

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”