Kensai

Is ammo being used by the besieger?

Fri May 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Wondering if ammo is being used by a besieger each turn passes. I believe it should as if it was a real battle (or some big fraction of it). Can't find anywhere confirmation about it though...
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

lodilefty

Fri May 18, 2012 4:31 pm

AFAIK, Ammo is used only in battles, not by a besieger or the besieged.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

PhilThib

Fri May 18, 2012 4:59 pm

Yes, IIRC, no consumption of ammo while normal sieging...the occasional shooting or shots are considered as not using ammos...but if you assault, then there is a direct battle in which ammo will be consumed like in every other battle (intense exchange of fire) :)

Kensai

Fri May 18, 2012 9:01 pm

Would you consider adding this as an abstraction of ammo used by the siege mortars, artillery, and occasional skirmishes? Perhaps not 50% as per usual battle, but 20-25%. This will put some more pressure on the besieger to organize better. Actually, I propose this change for every AGEOD title. ;)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Pocus

Mon May 21, 2012 12:17 pm

I would not be against, in light of the fact that I believe too few ammos are generally used overall in most AGE games... We need to confer between us to see if this is a sound move though.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Soderini

Mon May 21, 2012 5:21 pm

Sounds like a good idea, for when you read contemporary reports or diaries, it's very clear that sieging was a very ammo-consumming buisinees. After all, one had to maintain a continuous fire on the enemy batteries to silence them and let the pioneers work in relative quiet.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon May 21, 2012 5:34 pm

Yes Sir definitely, and not limited to siege but also for battles.

Return to “Rise of Prussia”