Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Some questions

Sun May 13, 2012 12:08 am

Hi!

I got some questions:

1. can militias, volunteers and worker units be trained/get converted into due to experience gain, into regular troops? Like red guards can be trained into regular troops.

2. does the training officer ability also effect militias, volunteers and workers units?

3. Does the desertion also effect garrison units? like I have a red guard militia on permanent sentry status in a city but no political officer or cheka unit in the same stack.
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

Durk

Sun May 13, 2012 2:19 am

I am not an expert on this question, so others my provide you with better information.
My take.
1. All of these units can get trained with the right leader and/or experience.
2. Training officer trains all these units, if in command.
3. Desertion does not impact locked garrison units and typically ignores units not in divisions or armies.

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Sun May 13, 2012 5:20 am

Certain types of volunteer units aren't upgradeable. I'm pretty sure Don Cossack Volunteer units never upgrade. There may be others. All militia and conscript units I'm aware of upgrade with a training leader or randomly.

lodilefty

Sun May 13, 2012 11:53 am

You can "look under the hood" at the individual Models files

Look for a line similar to:
TrainUpg = $mdl_RED_Inf1

...or load the Models DB and examine that column...
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

DarkGarry
Lieutenant

Mon May 14, 2012 3:50 pm

I think workers can't be trained at all.

Training officer is a sure way to train. Must stand in a city.

Upgrade through experience works by probability. It is a rare occasion.

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon May 14, 2012 10:31 pm

thanks for the answers!

Here is one more question:

The VOKhR troops what are they good for? I can see they are MP's but what can I use them for? Garrison duty?
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

PhilThib

Tue May 15, 2012 8:39 am

Garrison duty and also send them in regions where your loyalty is low or dropping: they will increase it over time faster than regular troops (because of their higher police value).

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:41 pm

More questions!!!

Im playing as the SibW with the latest patch and I wonder why i cant recruit in Siberia? There are no enemy troops in any cities and their loyalty is some 60-70% It is Irtusk and the neighbouring provinces that is affected but I have seen it in other provinces too but there I have been able to do some recruiting before it happened so the loyalty is low and that I can understand to be a cause to reject more recruiting.

what are the requirements to allow both recruitment and the other were you gather money and war supplies?

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:49 pm

I think for game balance regional policies only limited to some important regions for Siberian whites . But it is not easy to identify those regions in special operations page without clicking and checking loyalty and MC constantly.

Related to the topic I always see red AI can only use max 2 requisition for money and 2 recruitment options in one time. (4 turns)

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”