PhilThib

AGEOD's New Game - ALEA JACTA EST

Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi All,

It’s now time that we reveal what AJE is … :thumbsup:

[INDENT][color="#ff9933"]ALEA JACTA EST[/color] *[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Roman Civil Wars [/INDENT]

* Iacta alea est, or also Alea Jacta Est is Latin for « The Die is Cast ». The quote is attributed to Caesar when he announced his decision to cross the Rubicon River in 49 BC, thereby starting the most famous Roman civil war…

[color="#FFA500"]Features[/color]
The game enjoys most of the features and improvement from previous AGEOD games, plus some brand new specific features:

• Ancient Command and Supply System (based on the Wars in America system), allowing for a good representation of historical army command in the Roman era.
• Quick and simple system of Construction of Units, allowing players to choose and purchase their forces as they wish (or can) during the annual and grand campaigns.
• Decision features, playable on the map, like wild card assets.
• Diversified set of historical events, allowing multiple choices events and options, thereby enhancing flexibility and re-playability.
• Different updates and other rules, in particular a combat system adapted to ancient warfare and sieges.
• Map: all of the Roman Empire and neighboring lands, with over 2800 different regions and seas, giving a lot of room for maneuvers.
• Over a thousand of new leaders (main leaders have individual portraits) and hundreds units with accurate pictures.

[color="#FFA500"]Scenarios[/color]
Five scenarios, starting 87 BC till 200 AD, including the well-known “Caesar vs. Pompey” civil war between 50 and 40 BC, or the infamous “Year of the Four Emperors 68 AD”

Scenarios vary in length from a few months to quite a few years (in a monthly turn scale)

[color="#FFA500"]Languages[/color]: The game will be released in French, English, Spanish and German; including a full 80 pages manual. Translations were provided by expert players and gamers well-known from the AGEOD forums.

[color="#FFA500"]Release[/color]: Expected Q3 2012, based on the progress of the current Beta.

[color="#FFA500"]Price[/color]: it has to be confirmed, as the potential distributor has his say here, and talks are still under way now. Will be reasonable though…

[color="#FFA500"]First Expansion Pack[/color]
After the AJE release, the team developing the game has pledged to commit to its first Expansion Pack (Birth of Rome 312 to 236 BC, with many new scenarios and campaigns in the beginnings of the Republic), which will become available in a date to be announced after the game's release, the first of a series of planned expansions aimed at covering most of the Roman Empire history.

[color="#FFA500"]Scenario Packs[/color]
Also, in preparation, they have various sets of Thematic Scenario Packs, each covering scenarios or campaigns in a specific theater of operation or versus a particular foe of Rome (in various stages of production now: Longuinqua Britannia, Furor Germanicus, Regnum Dacicum and Bellum Parthicum, planned to be released in sequence over 2012 and 2013)

[color="#FFA500"]Modders Scenario Packs[/color]
Also, the team would love that some key beta and players have their say in producing original scenarios of their own choosing…the Roman era is large and long enough for this. The game Databases will be available shortly after release to help the volunteers…

[color="#FFA500"]The Team[/color]
The original team that created AJE consists of Bohémond, El Nino and GPepper & Pangi (artworks), all forum veterans and AGE experts. In addition, a few key forumites here are giving them help and assistance in finalizing the game…Can’t name them all, but they are from the most experienced of our players.

I take this announcement opportunity to thank them all :coeurs:

Florent

Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Very nice Project !! :coeurs:

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:01 pm

whaaaaoooo !!!!!!! :mdr: :happyrun: ave César !!
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

RystoII
Conscript

Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:05 pm

:fleurs:

Solemnace
Corporal

Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:09 pm

looks awesome

yellow ribbon

Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:10 pm

Maiore tormento pecunia possidetur quam quaeritur!

Pharsalus i am coming... :w00t:
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

ashandresash
Captain

Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Awesome! What we were looking for! :)

Metalist
Sergeant

Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:50 pm

I hope this game will be very successful. I don't know much things about this era but Romans are always cool :thumbsup:

Warsage
Colonel

Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Excellent news. I'm sharpening my gladius hispaniensis. ;)

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:47 pm

I will buy it as soon as possible, of course.

Leibst

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:07 pm

Interesting theme for me. :coeurs:

This that you say is new in AGEOD games:
"Diversified set of historical events, allowing multiple choices events and options, thereby enhancing flexibility and re-playability."
And is a excelent new issue.

El Duderino
Civilian

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:09 pm

Great, can't wait! :happyrun:
Any idea when we'll be able to see some preview screenshots?
Attachments
shut-up-and-take-my-money-1f46.jpg

El Duderino
Civilian

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:17 pm

Great, can't wait! :happyrun:
Any idea when we'll be able to see some preview screenshots?

Ilitarist
Sergeant

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:04 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:Interesting theme for me. :coeurs:

This that you say is new in AGEOD games:
"Diversified set of historical events, allowing multiple choices events and options, thereby enhancing flexibility and re-playability."
And is a excelent new issue.

Is it so important for a wargame? I remember Rise of Prussia has something like that and all of it were some minor choices you'd had to do anyway on a strategic level like leaving some city to French or defending it.

REBELCAT150aniversario
Major

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Perfecttttttttttttttttttttttttt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Narwhal

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:15 pm

Oh boy ! Oh boy ! I have so many questions, like does... or wait, will.... haaaa, so many I cannot priorize them.

Oh yes, this one : if I win against Remus in the Birth of Rome expansion pack, do I get to lead the Romulian troops ? :mdr:

Very nice box art, also.

DarthMath
Colonel

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:15 pm

Very good news indeed !! :thumbsup:
I expected that for a long time !! ;)
"You know, in this world, there's two kind of people, my friend. Those who have a loaded gun, and those who dig in. You dig in ..." :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JMass
Corporal

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:25 pm

Yessssssssss! :thumbsup: :dada:
"Oh my lords, my brothers, my sons, the everlasting honour of Christians is in your hands."
[SIZE="1"]Αυτοκράτορ Κωνσταντίνος ΙΑ' Δραγάσης Παλαιολόγος[/size]

Now playing, testing or modding: AJE-BoR, Ancient Warfare, CMBN, CMFI, CTGW, FoG, RUS, Squad Battles, WWII-Europe
Idling: a lot of games

Jagermeister
Captain

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:57 pm

A very good news. :w00t:

Based on the Napoleon's Campaigns engine ? :niark:

Loda
Lieutenant

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:31 am

Jagermeister wrote:A very good news. :w00t:

Based on the Napoleon's Campaigns engine ? :niark:

+1 a good news

Fan of the Roman period :w00t:

Florent

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:34 am

It seems that the map has some inspiration from NCP but the scale looks different. If you look at southern Italy and compare with NCP, this is not the same scale(cut is different with a little more areas), AJE will be a little more Operational than Strategic.

Philthib indicated above that :
"The game enjoys most of the features and improvement from previous AGEOD games, plus some brand new specific features:"

Thus the Engine is updated with for exemple the building of Units incorporated in ROP and RUS. :thumbsup:

I have no doubt that it will be a great game.

Dodinus
Civilian

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:16 am

Encore un jeu Ageod que je vais attendre avec impatience.

Hohenlohe

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:33 am

Wonderful! Magnificient! I has hoped for such a game...

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Quirk
Lieutenant

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:47 am

Great news!

The era was a fascinating time with many interesting conflicts.
And what can be better than all the experience and support of Ageod veterans!

Definitely a buy for me :)

Hobbes

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:51 am

From what I have seen of it so far it looks as though it will be up there with the best of AGEOD's games!

Cheers,
Chris

Florent

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:12 am

"From what I have seen of it so far it looks as though it will be up there with the best of AGEOD's games!"

There were many improvements over the years and RoP and RuS have more options and thus were the best.
Nevertheless i think that it will be actually the second Popular Theme made by Ageod.
From what i have seen in a Bordeaux Game Convention, Antiquity, Napoleonic and WW2 are the favorites for figurines and Wargames.

jack54
Brigadier General

Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:17 pm

Yes.... ,this is the era I was hoping for... :) . AGE in ancient rome; awesome!
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Prussian Konig

Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:47 pm

WOOOOOHOOOO! :dada: :thumbsup:

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:08 pm

I've never been a huge fan of Roman times warfare, but with the AGE engine, I'm kind of intrigued.

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:02 pm

BRAVO!! :p ompom: :thumbsup:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”