Leibst

Exmap doubts

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:07 pm

I can create Regions, define the jumplinks, the raillinks, and situate the objects points all this works perfect.

but i give name to the cities and the amount os supplies etc, level of the city etc... then extract the regions, and save.
But whe i close exmap all this is losed, ¿why?

edit: im thinking that this is in this way because all these things are defined in the xls file... could be?

lodilefty

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:12 pm

yes, those params are unique to each scenario.

ExMap generates the "background": Region, terrain, linls to other regions, and "icon locations" for structures etc. that get defined in setups
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Leibst

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Suposse i take RUS an eliminate all the Regions in their directory and i put my regions there.
Then i want to create a new scenary that have to work with my regions. But i want something really basic, without events, without changing nothing of RUS (units etc...) what should be my next step? the excel file and then CSV Splitter?

PhilThib

Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:53 pm

To start at mod correctly, you need

1 - new map
2 - cut regions in Exmap from new map
3 - in Exmap, recover your regions in the Regions.csv excel file, you'll need that when you design your scenarios and Areas. Create your regions.ini alias file from them
4 - you can keep everything else from the DB
5 - Make your scenario: use a template excel, then change the data in the second thumbnail (cities) with your new one (step 3)
6 - Make sure you create the proper Areas.ini file from your new map/regions, you can't run with the original files, as they reference regions that no longer exist...
7 - Beg for help :mdr:

Also don't forget to read the AGE Wiki (here: http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Main_Page) ... there are tons of useful info there...

Leibst

Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:11 pm

PhilThib wrote:7 - Beg for help :mdr:

Absolutly :mdr:
thanks for all the help, it is appreciated, yours and all of the other AGEOD people and people from the forum.

Leibst

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:38 pm

so i beg for help.
I still have the sames errors when saving in Exmap or when trying to export.
Try dowloading Exmap and use any map.bmp you will have the same.
These are the errors:
''TTtransportLvls.Get Transport UID -1 too low'' says, ¿? and the other ''violation d'accés á l'adresse 004B2536 dans le module ExMap2.exe. Lecture de l'adresse 0000000C.''
If you download Exmap2 and try to save the mod it gets you have the same errors.
Could be something wrong with the Exmap available?

Leibst

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:40 am

i want to show my first Beta Map, working on a previous map that i had and using AGEOD maps.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/paradoxiano/SCW%20MOD/Mapaconregionesbeta.jpg
comments?
In this part of the design its important to make decisions that later affect to the gameplay and the strategy of the game. And if something has to be change later it is hard to implement because maybe i have to change something in the map like frontiers between regions or make a new region.
And that not only gives work on the map, it is also work in exporting regions, and changes in the setup file.

BTW: i still have the problems with Exmap previosuly commented.

PhilThib

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:33 am

Try the kit and check if you still has the same errors... keep a backup of your work
Attachments
Exmap_Kit111207.rar
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 288 times

Leibst

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:58 am

Thanks Philippe but this kit is like a Exmap without the exe file. I've tried to use the gamedata files and this gives me errors about missing weather.
I know your busy but dont understand what i have to do with this kit.

edit: Reviewing i saw the exe file so i have done something wrong, or my computer is wavering.

Now reloaded:
it gives me this critical error, unable to find LocalStrings*.csv

edit2: Its working!!! and my mind begins to work at last, all was my own errors installing and preparing this new Exmap2.

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”