gchristie
Brigadier General

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:28 pm

I opted for the vB4 whatever, but be prepared, it is bright. :cool:

The look is far less important to me than the information provided within.

Cheers.
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Jim-NC wrote:I must say I preferred the old look. This darkvision will work, but is not my preferred look. I will get used to it no doubt. I tried the vb4, and can't handle it.

I agree with you, Jim. I also prefer the old look. As you said, I will get used to it but I miss its characteristic appearance.

In any case, I appreciate the effort and work done by the Ageod team. Thanks a million, guys! :coeurs:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leibst

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Jim-NC wrote:I must say I preferred the old look. This darkvision will work, but is not my preferred look. I will get used to it no doubt. I tried the vb4, and can't handle it.

I also preferred the old stile. :p apy:
This is paradox forums look. But glad to have the forum back.

Bernadotte
Lieutenant

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Ethan wrote:
I agree with you, Jim. I also prefer the old look. As you said, I will get used to it but I miss its characteristic appearance.

In any case, I appreciate the effort and work done by the Ageod team. Thanks a million, guys! :coeurs:

I couldn't said it better myself !
Thank you.

OneArmedMexican
General

Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:01 pm

I need some help with the new upload feature, please:

After I click "add new file", I get a new window that lets me select a file. This works fine and I can browse the files on my computer and select the one I want.

But once I click on "upload" I always get an error message: "[IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false canceble=false eventPhase=2 text="Error#2038"].

This happenes regardless of the file type or size (I tried zip and jpg both rather small files, the zip was under 13 KB).

EDIT: Got it done by using the "basic" feature inside the upload window. Still it might be something worth looking into if other people should run into similar troubles.

Aphrodite Mae

Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:17 pm

OneArmedMexican wrote:I need some help with the new upload feature, please:

After I click "add new file", I get a new window that lets me select a file. This works fine and I can browse the files on my computer and select the one I want.

But once I click on "upload" I always get an error message: "[IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false canceble=false eventPhase=2 text="Error#2038"].

This happenes regardless of the file type or size (I tried zip and jpg both rather small files, the zip was under 13 KB).

EDIT: Got it done by using the "basic" feature inside the upload window. Still it might be something worth looking into if other people should run into similar troubles.

I've created a thread explaining a method of uploading images and attachments, here. :)

OneArmedMexican
General

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Aphrodite Mae wrote:I've created a thread explaining a method of uploading images and attachments, here. :)

Thanks Mae, excellent thread. But the problem I had was with the new AGEOD forum upload feature refusing to upload and giving me a weird error message. I know how to use imageshack & Co. Anyway, I sorted the problem myself. :)

gchristie
Brigadier General

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:38 pm

I'm reading a book that takes place shortly after the Civil War in Kansas. One of the characters, a genteel Georgian dryly observes that the difference between a Yankee and a southerner is that upon meeting a Yankee he will tell you where he is going. The southerner will tell you where he is from. Being one who should know better about broad generalizations, but trips over them all the time, I was curious what my southern friends would have to say about this.

It reminded me of another categorization, that between people who enter a room and say "there you are," and those who upon entering exclaim "here I am."
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Aphrodite Mae

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:14 pm

gchristie wrote:I'm reading a book that takes place shortly after the Civil War in Kansas. One of the characters, a genteel Georgian dryly observes that the difference between a Yankee and a southerner is that upon meeting a Yankee he will tell you where he is going. The southerner will tell you where he is from. Being one who should know better about broad generalizations, but trips over them all the time, I was curious what my southern friends would have to say about this.

It reminded me of another categorization, that between people who enter a room and say "there you are," and those who upon entering exclaim "here I am."

Let's "800" this one George, shall we?

Württemberg
Civilian

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:29 pm

Maybe a little bit too late but: Nice to see, that the Forum is back in business. :)

Looks better than the older one!

Greetings,

Württemberg

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:51 pm

Bernadotte wrote:I couldn't said it better myself !
Thank you.

I agree completely.

Florent

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:13 pm

After a few days, i can say that i like the new forum. OK the colour is darker but i'm now accustomed and i like to have some more information about the number of people (Members and Guests) at the same time, the maximum of present people in a day etc ...
Bravo to all involved in this work :thumbsup:

BigDuke66
General

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:34 am

Any chance that users get an e-mail notification when a thread gets closed?

In the old forum you instantly knew when a new patch was out because it also got a new thread and the old was closed sending out an e-mail notification, now the threads get closed without anyone really noticing it.
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

Aphrodite Mae

Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:05 am

BigDuke66 wrote:Any chance that users get an e-mail notification when a thread gets closed?

In the old forum you instantly knew when a new patch was out because it also got a new thread and the old was closed sending out an e-mail notification, now the threads get closed without anyone really noticing it.

You can subscribe to threads, and be notified by email whenever there's a new post in the thread. At the top of this page, you'll see "Thread Tools". "Subscribe" is one of the options.

As I recall, the options are "weekly", "daily", and "instantly". The one drawback is that your email notification only reports the text of the first new post; if there are subsequent posts, they won't be reported until you visit the forums. This problem doesn't happen if you have a daily subscription; all posts that have been made will be reported, in full.

One of the advantages of subscription is that a link is provided, so that you can immediately jump to the post, if it interests you. Another advantage is that you don't have to keep logging in to the forums throughout the day (or week) to see if threads that interest you have been updated.

If you have a broad interest in a topic that has its own subforum (for example, Modding), you can subscribe to the entire forum. In this way, if any thread in the forum is updated or even created, you'll be informed. The major drawback of a forum subscription is that you aren't provided with the text of what's been posted, unlike with thread subscriptions. Instead, you're simply told that "(Thread Name)" has been updated or created.

Gentlemen, there are many useful tools on our forums! Don't get in a rut of doing things the same ol' way, all the time. If you spend a bit of time exploring new ways of doing things, you might be pleasantly surprised by what you find! :)
Aphrodite Mae

Aphrodite Mae

Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:13 am

BigDuke66 wrote:Any chance that users get an e-mail notification when a thread gets closed?

You can subscribe to threads, and be notified by email whenever there's a new post in the thread. At the top of this page, you'll see "Thread Tools". "Subscribe" is one of the options.

As I recall, the options are "weekly", "daily", and "instantly". The one drawback is that your email notification only reports the text of the first new post; if there are subsequent posts, they won't be reported until you visit the forums. This problem doesn't happen if you have a daily subscription; all posts that have been made will be reported, in full.

One of the advantages of subscription is that a link is provided, so that you can immediately jump to the post, if it interests you. Another advantage is that you don't have to keep logging in to the forums throughout the day (or week) to see if threads that interest you have been updated.

If you have a broad interest in a topic that has its own subforum (for example, Modding), you can subscribe to the entire forum. In this way, if any thread in the forum is updated or even created, you'll be informed. The major drawback of a forum subscription is that you aren't provided with the text of what's been posted, unlike with thread subscriptions. Instead, you're simply told that "(Thread Name)" has been updated or created.

Gentlemen, there are many useful tools on our forums! Don't get in a rut of doing things the same ol' way, all the time. If you spend a bit of time exploring new ways of doing things, you might be pleasantly surprised by what you find! :)
Aphrodite Mae

BigDuke66
General

Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:39 am

Not my first day in the Internet, long enough on the road to do no double posting :mdr:

Point is this all doesn't work for a thread that is simply closed without message.
As I said the old forums sent messages when a thread was closed, even without a new post in it, that's how I was following the new Beta & RC patches as every time a new came out the old thread was closed because a new one was made.

The new forum doesn't do that, that's why I missed the some Betas & RC and stumble back into new official patches that I didn't see on the horizon at all.
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

lodilefty

Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:56 pm

BigDuke66 wrote:Not my first day in the Internet, long enough on the road to do no double posting :mdr:

Point is this all doesn't work for a thread that is simply closed without message.
As I said the old forums sent messages when a thread was closed, even without a new post in it, that's how I was following the new Beta & RC patches as every time a new came out the old thread was closed because a new one was made.

The new forum doesn't do that, that's why I missed the some Betas & RC and stumble back into new official patches that I didn't see on the horizon at all.

My bad too.
Normally, I put a final post in threads that are closed, explaining why, and linking to a new thread if appropriate.

This time, with 5 patches in 3 days, I got in a hurry and didn't do this.
:(

Mea culpa. Won't bypass this again! :bonk:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

-bb-
Civilian

Sat May 26, 2012 8:53 pm

Greetings to everyone,

I'm sorry to resurrect this thread and talk about my little problem, but since the forum hacking last March, I have been unable to reset my password and log in to the forums again. I sent quite a few emails to support@ageod.com without any success nor even an answer. I eventually decided to expose the situation and created this alt account.

Here is the problem : when I try to reset the password I have this message : "Your password has now been reset and emailed to you. Please check your email to find your new password. (...)" but I don't receive anything.
The strange thing is that I can receive other automatic emails from the boards (ie. the "lost password" link sends a first email), but not the one with the new password.

Am I doing something wrong ? Is there anything I (or someone) can do ? Why is everybody back on the boards but me ? :tournepas

Many thanks for your help ! :wavey:

- Bruit Bleu -
http://www.ageod-forum.com/member.php?2294-Bruit-Bleu

PhilThib

Sun May 27, 2012 10:53 am

-bb- wrote:Greetings to everyone,

I'm sorry to resurrect this thread and talk about my little problem, but since the forum hacking last March, I have been unable to reset my password and log in to the forums again. I sent quite a few emails to support@ageod.com without any success nor even an answer. I eventually decided to expose the situation and created this alt account.

Here is the problem : when I try to reset the password I have this message : "Your password has now been reset and emailed to you. Please check your email to find your new password. (...)" but I don't receive anything.
The strange thing is that I can receive other automatic emails from the boards (ie. the "lost password" link sends a first email), but not the one with the new password.

Am I doing something wrong ? Is there anything I (or someone) can do ? Why is everybody back on the boards but me ? :tournepas

Many thanks for your help ! :wavey:

- Bruit Bleu -
http://www.ageod-forum.com/member.php?2294-Bruit-Bleu

We had a few cases like this...don't know why it happens...something to do with the confirmation email plus the fact that the support address was not forwarded/read properly. Send me an email with the old password (if you recall). If not, let me know, I'll assign you a password (tempo) and you'll re-access your old account (then after you can re-change whatever you want)

-bb-
Civilian

Sun May 27, 2012 12:32 pm

What is your address ? I already sent emails to support@ageod.com last weeks, and I don't have rights yet to send PMs on the forum.
Mine (attached to the old account) is [Deleted].

PhilThib

Sun May 27, 2012 2:04 pm

Bruit Bleu

Sun May 27, 2012 4:48 pm

Problem solved, I'm also back in business, thanks Phil ! :hat:
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

Return to “News from AGEod”