lodilefty

ROP {public beta} patch 1.03 Release Candidate 12a - March 1, 2012

Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:33 pm

We really really hope this becomes final!!!

<link removed>

Changes since RC11a:

• Newest Game engine
    • [color=#008000]Fixes obscure AutoRaise bug [for spontaneous arrival of Militia, Partisans, etc.: not used currently in ROP][/color]
    • [color=#0000ff]Adjusted Naval Supply system[/color]
  • [color=#008000][color=black]Thanks to Clovis good work (work done by modding the AI), the AI is now better for winter quartering and objectives assessment.
    • Events were omitted for several beta releases. Reinstated in 1.03 RC12
    • Priority” of AI Event processing adjusted, to ensure AI Winter Quarters and AI Saxon Capitulation events function properly.
    [/color][/color][color=#008000]
  • [color=red][color=#008000]Corrected event where Burtulin replaces Soltikov[/color]
  • [color=#008000]Corrected first Swedish reinforcement Option to require ownership of Straslund.[/color][/color]
  • [/color]

[color=#000000][color=red]In Saxon Capitulation:
  • Reminder: if Prussia is AI, capitulation can also occur if
    • [color=#008000]PRU maintains a Siege in Pirna for 2 turns (uses the new EvalBesieged script command!),[/color]
    • and the requirements for Saxon Escape are not met (see next item).
[/color][/color]As always, for complete changelog see the Read Me accessed via Windows Start menu :D
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

ashandresash
Captain

Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Thanks! I was looking forward coming back to ROP after some time, and a new patch is the best way of encouraging it :cool:

ribaluigi
Sergeant

Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Dear Ageod developers,

is it possible to add a volume control inside the game?

Best,

Luigi

Narwhal

Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:55 pm

When will it become final ? I have a new PBEM to start soon and I would like to use the "official" patch :)

Thank you for everything, Lodi.

lodilefty

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:28 am

Narwhal wrote:When will it become final ? I have a new PBEM to start soon and I would like to use the "official" patch :)

Thank you for everything, Lodi.

Hopefully this week. Final vetting underway in beta.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Narwhal

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:50 pm

Great !

Loki100 is preparing a massive AAR on RoP in a PBEM against me, so I just would like to know if the following issues are solved (I did not find them in the patch notes, so I believe not, and have not played since my last AAR :/) :

- Bateaux can sail in front of enemy forts or enemy boats without being engaged and sunk.

- Negative manpower bug.

- The very very low death rate for leader (not really a bug, but still).

The ammo bug, the Ferdinand goes to Hannover and many other have been solved, so it is definetely an even better game now, and we will play anyway, but we may play differentely.

lodilefty

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:13 pm

Narwhal wrote:Great !

Loki100 is preparing a massive AAR on RoP in a PBEM against me, so I just would like to know if the following issues are solved (I did not find them in the patch notes, so I believe not, and have not played since my last AAR :/) :

- Bateaux can sail in front of enemy forts or enemy boats without being engaged and sunk.

- Negative manpower bug.

- The very very low death rate for leader (not really a bug, but still).

The ammo bug, the Ferdinand goes to Hannover and many other have been solved, so it is definetely an even better game now, and we will play anyway, but we may play differentely.

Bateaux [or any ship] sailing past forts/boats is evaluated on probabilities, and appears to be WAD

??? What is negative manpower bug???

Leader death unchanged, but is easily modded to your pleasure
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Narwhal

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:25 pm

On the bateaux bug, the probabilities must be insanely low, as in my PBEM AAR with Baris, Baris used Bateaux to go back and forth until Magdeburg (for instance to pick up Swedish troops), while I would happily bring supply wagons and take back the empty ones in Königsberg with a rotation of one every two months, for 2 or 3 years, this right in front of the Russian navy blockading the port. Never ONE interception, never ONE fort guns shooting at Baris bateaux. I believe you read my AAR, I mentionned this several time.

Can "locked" units engage combat against an evading unit anyway ? I remember from the "locked" Iroquois in WiA that they cannot.

I suppose this is easy to solve with some house "fair-play" rule in PBEM.

As for the manpower bug, it is hard to "replicate" as it is over time, but it was mentionned here :

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=20660.

Baris and I believe that instead of giving back manpower, hits in combat take away manpower. This was confirmed when turns with huge number of losses (like 50 000 or more in one turn), during which Baris or I were pushed in the negative. In most turns, it cannot be seen.

If confirmed (maybe only our game was bugged for some reason), this makes recovering from defeat VERY hard.

lodilefty

Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:32 am

Narwhal wrote:On the bateaux bug, the probabilities must be insanely low, as in my PBEM AAR with Baris, Baris used Bateaux to go back and forth until Magdeburg (for instance to pick up Swedish troops), while I would happily bring supply wagons and take back the empty ones in Königsberg with a rotation of one every two months, for 2 or 3 years, this right in front of the Russian navy blockading the port. Never ONE interception, never ONE fort guns shooting at Baris bateaux. I believe you read my AAR, I mentionned this several time.

Can "locked" units engage combat against an evading unit anyway ? I remember from the "locked" Iroquois in WiA that they cannot.

I suppose this is easy to solve with some house "fair-play" rule in PBEM.

As for the manpower bug, it is hard to "replicate" as it is over time, but it was mentionned here :

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=20660.

Baris and I believe that instead of giving back manpower, hits in combat take away manpower. This was confirmed when turns with huge number of losses (like 50 000 or more in one turn), during which Baris or I were pushed in the negative. In most turns, it cannot be seen.

If confirmed (maybe only our game was bugged for some reason), this makes recovering from defeat VERY hard.

Much has been done to reduce the "bloodiness" of combat.

We'll watch for this [manpower], but without saved games it is impossible for us to examine.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve RoP”