lodilefty

ROP {public beta} patch 1.03 Release Candidate 11a - February 6, 2012

Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:24 pm

And again, but we're getting closer!

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/Patch_ROP103_rc11a.zip

Please read the changes listed, as a lot of changes and testing have been done since last Public Beta!

[CENTER]Rise of Prussia Update 1.03 – Beta Patch RC11 [/CENTER]
February 5, 2012
The patch is a comprehensive patch, meaning it can be applied directly over your initial game installation setup version.

RC9 changes in Green.RC10 changes hilighted in blue. RC11 changes highlited in Red. [size=84][color=#ff00ff]RC11a changes highlighted in purple.
[/color][/size]

Changes since RC8:
[+chk indicates verification of all items]

Game logic
  • Added parameter to prevent ''premature massive retirement'' of leaders
  • Added game parameters to increase cohesion losses in combat [to reduce chances for multi-day combat and prolonged bloody combat]
  • [size=75]Consolidated many Options files (.opt) in \Settings into single GameLogic.opt file[/size]
  • [size=75]Added debug commands Verbosity_Supp = 1 and Verbosity_Sounds = 1 in System.opt
  • [size=84][size=75][color=magenta][B]Sounds are now regulated by Alias[/size]
  • [size=75]Game engine no longer requires DirectX to play the music.[/size][/B][/size][/size][/color]

Events +chk
  • Modified the number of Militia replacements added each year.
  • An automatic conversion of excess conscripts into line replacement conversion beyond a certain level.
  • Excessive Militia or Light Infantry replacements will be converted into conscripts.
  • Added Supply replacements
  • Reworked Saxon Capitulation events
    • Now only the 3 road regions leading to Pirna must be controlled
      • Dresden
      • Radeburg
      • Dippoldiswalde
    • Probability once regions are controlled is now 100% (was 75%, causing reports that event wasn't working)
    • Capitulation must occur before the end of 1756 (was through April 1757)
    • When requirements are met, capitulation will occur immediately.
    • Reminder: if Prussia is AI, capitulation can also occur if [color=#ff0000]PRU maintains force superiority in Pirna and adjacent regions for 2 turns, [/color]and the requirements for Saxon Escape are not met (see next item).
    • A set of events allow Saxon Army escape to avoid surrender.
      • [color=#ff0000]At least half of the starting Saxon Army must completely leave the Pirna Region to qualify as “escaped”.[/color]
      • Once “escaped”, Saxon Surrender events are disabled
      • Escape” will supress the Surrender event.
    • The AI also has logic to “sortie” [color=#ff0000][move outside the fortified camp] at a modest percent possible, if a significant Austrian relief force is present in Lobositz or Dippoldiswalde.[/color]
    • National Morale adjustments are made if huge NM losses occur during a battle in Saxony.
  • Added AI interest events for PRU AI.
  • Fixed notification errors for Saxon Capitulation event.
  • Revised Bavaria and Wurtemberg Heavy Cav replacement (become now standard)
  • Modified ongoing AUS coalition replacements to better match the Forces and ForcePool
  • Modified events where Army Leader is replaced (the new leader must be activated as Army, but will retain all Corps structure if done immediately):
    • Soltikov/Fermor in 1759
    • Charles of Lorraine/von Browne in 1757
  • Revised 1756 Austrian Transfer events to remove the troops and announce the moves one turn before the arrival in new locations.
    • Corrected ''locked'' duration for units joining Daun [in the case he is moving]
  • Hannover, French and Russian Options now activated only when their Armies are activated
  • Added Naval supply in the Baltic (mostly to assist Russian supply lines) as an event. Saves prior to patch 1.03 RC1 not compatible.

[color=#280099]Setups +chk[/color]
  • 1756 Campaign:
    • Modified arrival dates and locations of the French Armies
    • Removed duplicated forces (Soubise & the Armee d'Allemagne arrives with duplicate French brigades) from at-start.
    • Blocked Polish regions east of Koenigsburg to help AI (unblock when Russians land at Memel)
    • Lorraine unblocks early to allow repositioning of forces
    • Lamberg Force in Mainz is locked until HRE enters war
    • Moved starting location of Rhein Flotte from Frankfurt am Main to Koln (to avoid attrition in blocked port)

Strings
  • Corrected de Ville and Morocz names in Austrian Transfer messages.
  • Corrected several text references and unused events (thank you Lafrite for the Python© script checking tools)

Map +chk
  • fixed bridge on map between Wien and Krems
  • fixed map links between Tabor, Pisek and Rokitzan
  • Modified terrain in Karslbad to be woods, not hills, as per map graphics
  • Added Magdeburg, Minden, Wesel and Emden as potential Prussian recruitment centers
  • Brunn region terrain changed
DB +chk
  • Corrected Cossacks families to use Raider replacements (not cavalry)
  • Other assorted Alias corrections
  • BAV and WUR Dragoon Units corrected to properly accept Regular Cavalry replacements
  • Corrected obscure Army Name bug in AUS and RUS Faction files [was causing “Army not an Army” bug seen in beta tests]
  • Added Alt_Area = $Lorraine to French Depot Battalions to allow more build locations

[color=#280099]Graphics / Interface +chk[/color]
  • Updated Pictures for leaders:
    • AUS: Ried, Buckow, d'Ursel and Neipperg,
    • BRU: Frederick Augustus of Brunswick,
    • PRU: Belling, Prittwitz, Stutterheim, Lentulus, Itzenplitz, Zastrow and Möllendorf.
    • RUS: Kashkin, Mordvinov, and Suvorov
    • FRA: Voyer
    • SWE: Hessenstein
    • SAX: von Nostitz
  • Updated portrait for Frederick [thank you JacquesDeLalaing]
  • Modified MiniMap stack icon colors for PRU and AUS to be more visible
  • Corrected Portraits of Swedish Grenadiers, Regular Infantry and Light Infantry
  • Corrected several event image references (thank you Lafrite for the Python© script checking tools)
See Read Me in Windows Start Menu for complete changelog
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:28 pm

now Public, after extensive beta work!

Thank you to the beta team!!! :coeurs: :thumbsup:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:52 pm

What a patch! Thank you too :thumbsup:
I'm envious of those playing the game :D
(Waiting for the next love for RUS ;) )

Sorel
Captain

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:08 pm

We couldn´t thank you (and the beta testers) enough :coeurs:

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:25 pm

Excellent changes Lodilefty and my thanks to you and the betas, these are some great changes :thumbsup:

Just one commitment I still don't like is in the corps level. I tried a test game and Frederick corps have 8 battles in 1 turn unfortunately depleting their combat power. He should get older with those battles but instead he had younger portrait :mdr:

In the notes it mentions "Added game parameters to increase cohesion losses in combat [to reduce chances for multi-day combat and prolonged bloody combat]" my question is, is it possible I can tune this parameter? and how?

Kind regards

Edit: I think units doesn't take attrition losses in winter with historical attrition on. At least I didn't see any message about that.

Narwhal

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:45 pm

Thank you LoL ! I am just catching up with all the patches on RoP, and they are good ! Good solving of the Pirna situation. I like AGEOD because they listen to the base !

Stoertebeker
Corporal

Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Hey! Good to see that work on RoP is going on. Thank you! :coeurs:

I read through all the changelist but I find nothing that helps to overcome the problem with depleted elite elements: Don't you think that's kind of a gamebreaker?

lodilefty

Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:03 pm

Stoertebeker wrote:Hey! Good to see that work on RoP is going on. Thank you! :coeurs:

I read through all the changelist but I find nothing that helps to overcome the problem with depleted elite elements: Don't you think that's kind of a gamebreaker?

:confused: You'll need to refresh my memory:

• There are many free Elite Replacements by event ongoing through the game.
  • You can buy Grenadier Elite Depot battalins
  • There are options to buy replacements too.

So what is the issue exactly?

Is there a problem with one particular faction?
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Ebbingford

Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:44 pm

There was a change done, I can't remember when, that stopped all units upgrading rapidly to "elite" status. Originally they used to gain experience and upgrade to elite just through existing. They don't anymore. So yes, this is now fixed. :)

Stoertebeker
Corporal

Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:56 pm

lodilefty wrote: :confused: You'll need to refresh my memory:

• There are many free Elite Replacements by event ongoing through the game.
  • You can buy Grenadier Elite Depot battalins
  • There are options to buy replacements too.

So what is the issue exactly?

Is there a problem with one particular faction?

The main problem here lays in the fact that regular elements will upgrade to elite elements by experience. A fairly successful prussian player will particularly suffer, since he will win a lot of battles and have a lot of upgraded elite elements - and tons of useless regular replacements. The solution would be to stop the automatic upgrade or to install something like automatical conversion of regular- into elite replacements like it was done for militia-regular.
I don't find it right now, but I remember that someone once postet drastic pictures of depleted prussian elite elements. In an ongoing german AAR (which reminded me, how great the game is, btw.), the player faces the same problem: He's playing quite "historically" and wins a lot of battles, but he begins to lose NM for battles he won, because his depleted elite elements get destroyed. He has got enough regular replacements, though.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:05 pm

Replacements are still a problem not only the Elite ones. In my test games adequate amount of line replacements were severely lacking although it seems there is less round of battles in one turn. May I suggest we improve(Double-triple) amount of money,conscript companies each faction receive per turn .

Remember, replacements needs to build like depot Bns so it would take time so raise them so it won't create any unbalanced historical situation. And it seems militia and light infantry still pile up in the replacement pool.

lodilefty

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:30 pm

Baris wrote:Replacements are still a problem not only the Elite ones. In my test games adequate amount of line replacements were severely lacking although it seems there is less round of battles in one turn. May I suggest we improve(Double-triple) amount of money,conscript companies each faction receive per turn .

Remember, replacements needs to build like depot Bns so it would take time so raise them so it won't create any unbalanced historical situation. And it seems militia and light infantry still pile up in the replacement pool.

This would be a significant design change, reducing the stress of managing resources. There is no "rule" that says you must have all of your units at full strength and TOE all the time.

I'd rather continue the testing/tweaking of the new battle cohesion losses parameters to reduce strength hits before we go there. I belive this is already working, and so perhaps just needs another nudge.

Unless the design team overrules, change in replacements or resources available is best left to modders.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Stoertebeker
Corporal

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:45 pm

lodilefty wrote:This would be a significant design change, reducing the stress of managing resources. There is no "rule" that says you must have all of your units at full strength and TOE all the time.

I fully agree with this. I wouldn't want more replacements. But it's quite frustrating if you have thousands of men in Berlin, keen on fighting for the king, while your battaillons are hungry of new cannonfodder but cannot use those men, just because they call themselves elite.

lodilefty

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:52 pm

Has anyone ever tried combining two depleted Elite units?

<ctrl><click> on the two and see if the little + icon lights up?

It works in WIA as long as one of the units has "open element slots" enough for the second unit...
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Ebbingford

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:55 pm

If anybody reads my post above, or tries to play the game now, they will see that it is a much better experience than with earlier patches. Troops do not upgrade to elite anymore. I am in a PBEM with Squarian, we are into 1761 nearly and I have had NO troops upgrading to elite at all. It just doesn't happen like it used to.
Fixed. No problem anymore. :thumbsup:
And yes, Lodi, you can combine weakened units in RoP. :)

Stoertebeker
Corporal

Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:19 am

Ebbingford wrote:If anybody reads my post above, ...

Oh, sorry. That's good news and I won't complain anymore. :)

ribaluigi
Sergeant

Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:44 pm

Dear Ageod's developer,

I would like to point out a couple minor emprovements I would like to see in the next patch to come:

1) when you move the mouse on the watch (up/right of the screen) would be nice to have an indicator of the turn number and turn left;

2) since now Frederick II picture is changed could you please change the picture in the button to reach te capital (when playing with prussia) to make them concordant?

3) when you play with Austria would be nice not to have to click on Frederick II to reach the capital (up/left of the screen). It is possible to change this picture?

Thank you so much for the effort you are giving to this beautiful game.

Best,

Luigi

squarian
Brigadier General

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:45 pm

Ebbingford wrote:Troops do not upgrade to elite anymore.

IIRC, TrainAutoUp was removed from all units in the DB at some point. Odd I can't find it in the Read Me, but randomly flipping through some unit files I see none have it, unlike e.g. the units in AACW.

I tried sifting though patch update threads, but no luck finding the change. Anyone remember when or what build it happened?

lodilefty

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:50 pm

squarian wrote:IIRC, TrainAutoUp was removed from all units in the DB at some point. Odd I can't find it in the Read Me, but randomly flipping through some unit files I see none have it, unlike e.g. the units in AACW.

I tried sifting though patch update threads, but no luck finding the change. Anyone remember when or what build it happened?

I don't recall removing that param, but we did add on September 13, 2011 the settings in GameLogic.opt that regulates the gain of experience. So, first release after that would have it.

It was "unfettered" experience gains that was upgrading units automatically. :blink:

There is still the "patch" to Elite Infantry, but it takes combat to get there, and we've made the "debloodification" changes to reduce combat!!!

Dunno where the balance should be, but upgrade chance is still there! :w00t:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

squarian
Brigadier General

Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:59 am

lodilefty wrote:Dunno where the balance should be, but upgrade chance is still there! :w00t:

At the moment I'd say the balance is right where it ought to be. :thumbsup:

Rapid changes in the quality of a unit make sense when you're modelling armies essentially created from scratch, as in AWI and ACW. Not so much when you're dealing with professional standing armies with basically permanent NCO and officer cadres. This is one of the good changes in ROP lately, which maybe hasn't gotten enough credit, IMO. 7YW regiments were at their peak when they left their depots at the start of the war, and for the most part (allowing exceptions, of course) if regiments changed markedly, they declined in quality rather than improved over the course of the war.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:34 am

I also think balance is ok with less persistent battles and no auto upgrade but were there any change also related to experience gain in battles? In my end game 1760 I hardly see any element more than one experience.
And related to professional armies not changing status in 7 years war,
How can experience concept in age reflected in ROP more while regulars can gain experience (The ones had intense battles but not losing elements chits) but not changing status to Elite?

squarian
Brigadier General

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:31 am

Baris wrote:How can experience concept in age reflected in ROP more while regulars can gain experience (The ones had intense battles but not losing elements chits) but not changing status to Elite?

Not sure if I understand you, Baris, but I think you're asking how the game refelcts units gaining combat experience if not by upgrading? Unit experience (the stars in the unit details screen) still applies, so according to the manual values like initiative, cohesion, etc gradually increase through combat. Apparently even patrol, evasion and police values - something I didn't know until now.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:18 pm

I also didn't understand my question Squarian, I have reached boundaries of my English :bonk:
But in basic terms I haven't noticed much experienced troops in end campaign 1760. there were mostly 1-star militia,line that had some intense fighting. Previously there was common to see depleted&missing elements to have 3-4 experience (Maybe related to small numbers of elements doing the fighting). I was asking if there is any change in the code that rate of experience from battles is lowered.

Edit : Thanks Lodilefty it all clear ! :thumbsup:

lodilefty

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:49 pm

From the GameLogic.opt in \Settings:

Without knowledge of what the values were before, we can't determine what may be reduced.

It is apparent, though, that Experience gains are limited, and that Experience can be reduced when a Unit does upgrade

Items in red regulate the "automatic" or non-combat gains possible, which was the really nasty bug in early beta patches.

The item in blue is the main regulator of combat experience.

Note that AFAIK, the points in the blue item need to add up to 1000 to gain 1 star...

// ********************************************************
// ***** EXPERIENCE POINTS ***** //added September 13, 2011
// ********************************************************
expMaxLevel = 1000
expProgCoeff = 100 // Prog Rate overall modifier in %
expXpGainCoeff = 100 // Xp gain overall modifier in %
expXpGainCoeffLeaderKill = 10 // Leaders get 10% of their subordinate SU xp gain
expXpGainCoeffLeaderDie = 5 // Leaders lose 5% of their subordinate SU xp worth loss
expXPGainWhenHittingH = 50 // this value of xp when hitting an enemy
expChancePerXPLevelTrain = 2 // % chance per turn per level to switch to TrainUpg
expXPLevelUpgRetainPerc = 75 // % xp kept when TrainUpg/TechUpg
expReplChanceSpendTechUpg = 50 // chance to spend a rpl when TechUpg
expAutoGainXPChance = 5 // % chance per turn to gain 1 xp
expAutoGainXPMaxLevel = 1 // max level that can be reached with autogain (VGN = 4)
expGainPtsOffFire = 50 // gain in hundredth of points to a given stat. Rounding to 1 starts at 0.50
expGainPtsDefFire = 50
expGainPtsInit = 25
expGainPtsRange = 10 // VGN is 0
expGainPtsROF = 10 // means first bonus is at level 11
expGainPtsDisc = 35
expGainPtsAslt = 65
expGainPtsPolice = 100
expGainPtsPatrol = 100
expGainPtsEvade = 100
expGainPtsCoh = 5 //3 for VGN
expGainPtsDetect = 7
expGainPtsHide = 7
expGainPtsAirRec = 50
expGainPtsAirCbt = 100
expGainPtsAirBmb = 100
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Von Kleist
Conscript

Trouble with game starting in Windows Vista 1.03 RC 11a

Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:58 am

Hi there,

Installed 1.03 RC 11a, and having errors in game startup on Windows Vista. The message says to post the Game log here, but I have no Idea where to find that. Sorry not too savvy, but I want to help.

Cheers

lodilefty

Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:12 pm

Von Kleist wrote:Hi there,

Installed 1.03 RC 11a, and having errors in game startup on Windows Vista. The message says to post the Game log here, but I have no Idea where to find that. Sorry not too savvy, but I want to help.

Cheers

Assuming it was running OK prior to patch, I'm guessing the patch went to wrong location. Vista is a pain.

I suggest you do a complete uninstall and then reinstall.
Follow instructions in the last section of this:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Vista_Saved_Games

...and the Game log is located in your installation directory [Rise of Prussia] under \ROP\Logs where the filename is !MainLog.txt

Often, it's simply best to zip the entire \Logs directory and upload that here
[CENTER][/CENTER]

BigDuke66
General

Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Not really helpful but always when someone mentions Vista I can only recommend that he should switch to Windows 7 because if you want a "pain in the ass" it's cheaper to sit on a cactus. :D
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

Von Kleist
Conscript

Thanks

Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:52 am

Thanks for your help. I will get on doing a reinstall here soon and will let you know how it goes.

lodilefty

Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:34 pm

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve RoP”