Taillebois
General of the Army

How to win at Tannenberg? ++

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:20 pm

1. How to win at Tannenberg? I've tried about 20 times on what I think are easiest settings. Best I get are draws, but I can leave Koenigsberg open to get a loss.

2. Victory screen seems strange - it says "Entente Victory" "Germany victory" this was when I lost Keonigsberg.

3. I get a CTD whenever I get to play the Breakthrough card. (But I'm on a laptop (well two actually - it runs better in XP with 2gb than on my newer Win 7 64 bit 3gb) so that may well be the issue if others don't have this. I've tried many combinations of screen size, music on/off etc.

4. Having messed around with all settings to try to get to easiest and avoid crashes - is there a quick reset to defaults?

5. If I use the AI to play battles does it play at best level or what the enemy AI is set to?

Taillebois
General of the Army

Yes, Yes, Oh God Yes......

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:50 pm

Finally, I've come in Keonigsberg.

Took about 40 more tries. So perhaps it was just waiting for lucky dice rolls but I've had it from both sides now, so to speak.

However, as there were over 50 views of the above post and nobody left a message I'm not going to tell you how to do it. So there.

"They don't like it up 'em" Lance-Corporal Jack Jones

Redsco
Private

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:54 am

Hello,

I effectively well saw your comment and did not leave answers. :love:

Indeed as you I have never managed to win this scenario, that is why I did not answer. :bonk:

But if you me said that it is possible I are going to try again and again.

Thank you

:)
« La garde meurt mais ne se rend pas ! »

Pierre Cambronne

:grr:

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:53 pm

I didn't know that answer, so I decided you wouldn't want to hear from me.

Taillebois
General of the Army

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:49 pm

Yes it can be done. I've done it as Germany and Russia - twice for each of them.

It took at lot of goes as I've said. I won't ruin it immediately for you by telling the settings and moves.

Remember to look at the victory objectives - they are quite different for Germany and Russia.

I'll give some more hints later.

Does anybody who knows about these things understand the random number seed thing - will the same result always come from the same move?

Redsco
Private

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:08 pm

Ok Thank you ;)
« La garde meurt mais ne se rend pas ! »

Pierre Cambronne

:grr:

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”