janbak
Conscript

AACW Vs BOA Vs BOA2

Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi all,
I'm in trouble to decide which Ageod title to buy first.
Could you help me explaining which are the differences between AACW, BOA and BOA2? Which title assure more PBEM opponents?
Thank you very much

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

AACW vs BoA vs BoA2

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:19 pm

As I can not respond to Janbak's post (and I don't know why), I've posted here. Sorry if this is not the correct place. :innocent: ;)

Hi janbak! :)

First of all, welcome to the Ageod Forums. I hope you enjoy here. :thumbsup:

Almost all AGEOD games share the same game engine, so choose your favorite historical conflict. :w00t:

I own both games (AACW and BoA2) and they are wonderful, although I prefer AACW. :love:

Regarding to the opponents, you'll find more PBEM opponents in AACW (and a little less in BoA2).

Anyway, whatever you choose it will be a success. Trust me. ;)

See you! :hat:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

janbak
Conscript

Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:39 pm

Ethan wrote:As I can not respond to Janbak's post (and I don't know why), I've posted here. Sorry if this is not the correct place. :innocent: ;)

Hi janbak! :)

First of all, welcome to the Ageod Forums. I hope you enjoy here. :thumbsup:

Almost all AGEOD games share the same game engine, so choose your favorite historical conflict. :w00t:

I own both games (AACW and BoA2) and they are wonderful, although I prefer AACW. :love:

Regarding to the opponents, you'll find more PBEM opponents in AACW (and a little less in BoA2).

Anyway, whatever you choose it will be a success. Trust me. ;)

See you! :hat:

Thank you for yr welcome and yr answer Ethan ;)

janbak
Conscript

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:16 pm

... but, it's not clear to me if BoA 2 is an evolution of AACW or if it's a different game :(
You say you prefer AACW: why? Which are the differences from BoA 2 you love more?
Thank you

Confederate
Lieutenant

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:32 pm

janbak wrote:... but, it's not clear to me if BoA 2 is an evolution of AACW or if it's a different game :(
You say you prefer AACW: why? Which are the differences from BoA 2 you love more?
Thank you

It's a different game ;)
- Confederate

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Well, I prefer AACW because I like this conflict more than the American War of Independence. That is the main reason. ;)

Apart from that, you'll find differences with regard to artillery units, use of rail (there is no railroad in BoA2), etc.

BoA2 is an evolution of BoA, but AACW is a different game. The mechanics of the game is very similar in all of them, but the action takes place in different periods.

What is your favorite historical period??... :gardavou:

... Only you can decide. :)

Enjoy playing! :thumbsup:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

janbak
Conscript

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:53 pm

Ethan wrote:Well, I prefer AACW because I like this conflict more than the American War of Independence. That is the main reason. ;)

Apart from that, you'll find differences with regard to artillery units, use of rail (there is no railroad in BoA2), etc.

BoA2 is an evolution of BoA, but AACW is a different game. The mechanics of the game is very similar in all of them, but the action takes place in different periods.

What is your favorite historical period??... :gardavou:

... Only you can decide. :)

Enjoy playing! :thumbsup:

Thank you again ;)

My choice do not dipend on the historical period .... but more on the realism of military operations and logtistic/supply related issues ... from this point of view if there is no railroad in BoA2, it is not a good thing IMHO.

What about bridges? Can I destroy them in both game, for example?

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:10 pm

No, you can not. There is no bridges in these games. But instead, you can destroy railroad lines or repair the broken ones. In the same way, you can build depots or blow up the enemy's ones. ;)

Supply is a vital issue in both games. :p apy: :D

Take a look at these links.

http://www.ageod.net/aacwwiki/Supply

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Supply

http://www.ageod.net/aacwwiki/Manual:Complete_manual#Supply

Regards! :thumbsup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hobbes

Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:19 pm

janbak wrote:Thank you again ;)

My choice do not dipend on the historical period .... but more on the realism of military operations and logtistic/supply related issues ... from this point of view if there is no railroad in BoA2, it is not a good thing IMHO.

BoA2 is a 17th/18th century game so the lack of rail is not unrealistic :)

Cheers, Chris

janbak
Conscript

Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:55 pm

Ethan wrote:No, you can not. There is no bridges in these games. But instead, you can destroy railroad lines or repair the broken ones. In the same way, you can build depots or blow up the enemy's ones. ;)

Supply is a vital issue in both games. :p apy: :D

Take a look at these links.

http://www.ageod.net/aacwwiki/Supply

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Supply

http://www.ageod.net/aacwwiki/Manual:Complete_manual#Supply

Regards! :thumbsup:

Thank you very much ... I start to study ;)

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:06 pm

You're welcome! :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lodilefty

Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:16 pm

You were posting in a moderated tread.

Moved here so you may continue...
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Durk

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:04 am

janbak wrote:Thank you again ;)

Both games are realistic. ACW uses corps and division organization, with leaders, which is a nice feature if you like how army organization impacts events.

WiA (BOA2) is simpler. Leadership is still a key idea and makes a significant difference.

For me, WiA is a quick clean game system. Most players enjoy the more complex ACW.

In each, the historical options are present in delightful detail.

Return to “General discussions”