Doomwalker
Brigadier General

High resolutions mainbar fix.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:24 am

[SIZE="4"]Note: These files are to fix the mainbar gap at resolutions of 1680x1050 and higher.[/size]

If you run high resolutions, like some of us do. You may have noticed a alignment issue in your mainbar, as pointed out in the image below.

I have edited the two files that control mainbar alignment, and you can download them here.

[color="Red"]MapMenu@1600[/color]

[color="Red"]MainBar@1600[/color]

Both files go in the AGEod's American Civil War/ACW/FrontEnd folder. Overwrite when asked.

These files will work with resolutions from 1680x1050 to 2560x1440.
[color="DarkGreen"][SIZE="2"]“We may be annihilated, but we cannot be conquered.”

- General Albert Sidney Johnston[/size][/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[CENTER][color="DarkGreen"]AGEod's American Civil War Wiki - [/color][color="DarkGreen"]AACWWiki[/color][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:01 am

Stickied. :D

Also, note that every patch deletes and rewrites the FrontEnd folder, so you will need to reinstall this after a patch.

Currently, we cannot include these files in the patch, because of possible side effects on lower resolution systems.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:34 pm

lodilefty wrote:Currently, we cannot include these files in the patch, because of possible side effects on lower resolution systems.

Lodilefty, there is no worry about the lower resolutions. Everything below 1600 resolution is handled by separate files. These will only affect anyone running 1600 resolution or higher. :thumbsup:
[color="DarkGreen"][SIZE="2"]“We may be annihilated, but we cannot be conquered.”

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[CENTER][color="DarkGreen"]AGEod's American Civil War Wiki - [/color][color="DarkGreen"]AACWWiki[/color][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Doomwalker wrote:Lodilefty, there is no worry about the lower resolutions. Everything below 1600 resolution is handled by separate files. These will only affect anyone running 1600 resolution or higher. :thumbsup:

OK, but after my Faction debacle, I'm gun-shy and need to be sure... :blink:

Is there some easy way you can reassure me?
Screenshots of the differences at 1600+
Screenshot of lower res view for me to double-check?

Sorry to be so conservative... :(
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:40 pm

lodilefty wrote:OK, but after my Faction debacle, I'm gun-shy and need to be sure... :blink:

Is there some easy way you can reassure me?
Screenshots of the differences at 1600+
Screenshot of lower res view for me to double-check?

Sorry to be so conservative... :(

No worries. I can understand your concern. :thumbsup:

The easiest way to show you, would be to point you to the FrontEnd folder of ACW. When you look in there, you will see the various files that configure the mainbar in the game. There are several files that have repeat copies. For instances the MainBar file. They look something like this:

MainBar [color="Red"](handles resolution under 1152)[/color]
MainBar@1152 [color="Red"](handles resolution above 1152 and under 1280)[/color]
MainBar@1280 [color="Red"](handles resolutions above 1280 and under 1440)[/color]
MainBar@1440 [color="Red"](handles resolutions above 1440 and under 1600)[/color]
MainBar@1600 [color="Red"](handles resolutions above 1600)[/color]

The files that I modded, are for the @1600 files. All other files are vanilla, and unaffected. I can confirm that the lower resolutions look fine. I am playing in windowed format, and have been trying to find the resolution that I enjoy playing in. I have tried 1024, 1280, 1360, 1366, 1400, 1440, and 1680. All these resolutions look as they should, and where tested with my modded files in place.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lewis Armistead
Conscript

Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Suh,
I greatly appreciate your fine efforts regarding this mainbar fix. :gardavou:
Thank you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="#3399ff"]"Follow me boys!"[/color]
[color="#DAA520"]Brigadier General Lewis A. Armistead
Battle of Gettysburg
July 3, 1863
[/color]

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:34 am

Your welcome!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:38 am

The file Mainbar@1600 only affects high resolutions, confirmed.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:31 am

Pocus wrote:The file Mainbar@1600 only affects high resolutions, confirmed.

Roger that. It is only 1600 and up, correct?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”