Aphrodite Mae

Longshank's "Bright Idea"!

Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:05 pm

Dixicrat wrote:Your Majesty, I nominate Longshanks to receive recognition for his "bright idea" of a tournament. I believe that his endeavor contributes to the betterment of our community through fun competition.

Thanks, Longshanks, for a great idea. :)

I couldn't agree more! I'm genuinely impressed with how smoothly Longshank's tourny is running, and I think that his non-conventional approach is both instructive and interesting!

For his "bright idea" of a holiday tournament, Longshanks is awarded the Service Medal.

For conducting it with such efficiency, and in such an innovative way, he is awarded a bronze oak leaf for his medal.

[CENTER][ATTACH]16904[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Congratulations for your medal, and thanks for your bright idea, Longshanks! Time will tell, but I suspect that many more medals will be awarded for what proceeds from your tournament. ;)
Attachments
8701a_Service Medal B.png
8701a_Service Medal B.png (1.62 KiB) Viewed 8000 times

Jim-NC

Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:11 am

Doomwalker,

Congratulations on your medal with Gold Leaf.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dixicrat
General

Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:29 am

Aphrodite Mae wrote:We interrupt this post with breaking news: Dixicrat, consort to the Queen, has declared a major breakthrough in his analysis of Mae's Queeniness!
"I've finally realized," he says, "that the most majestic aspect of you is the enormity of your cluelessness, my Queen! Can something of such immensity, of such magnitude be anything other than majestic? Nay, it cannot."
The Queen does not believe herself to be clueless, majestically or otherwise, and so Dixicrat's Queeniness Analysis 1.0 is tabled for further review, before public release.

Like I was saying before Dixi's weird outburst...

:D Strange. I don't recall this incident, at all!

Aphrodite Mae wrote:[...] ...and everybody says that I look just like she did, about seventy years ago! She's gotten kinda fat, but just kinda ignore all that skin she's showing, and focus on how happy she looks wearing her crown, OK? That's how I'll look, in 2081!

Men, just because the Queen is my wife doesn't mean that I get to see what she's writing, before you do. This post totally ambushed me! :D :coeurs:

Thanks for a hysterically funny post, your Majesty! :thumbsup: I'm really surprised that no one else has commented on it, frankly. Who knows: maybe I'm the very last fan of "Mae", left on the forums. Somehow, I don't think so.

Men, don't let your respect and admiration for our amazing "sweet little queen" awe you into silence. I happen to know that the woman behind the myth is just like any other woman on Earth: she appreciates being appreciated, no matter how noble and selfless she may appear. ;)
[SIZE="3"]Regards,[/size]
Dixicrat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Basic Training for AACW newcomers

Dixicrat
General

Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:12 am

Narwhal wrote:[...] Since now the Ribbons are handed over to all the community, what do you think about moving the thread to a less "specific" forum than AACW ? [...]

Beloved Queen, :)
I nominate Narwhal for a nod of some sort, for his good idea of moving the thread. Now, this thread has greater accessibility for all members of our community.

I also nominate Franciscus for his solid service as an AACW beta tester. He has provided more leads for fixes in a shorter period of time than anyone that I can remember. If I may be so bold, I would also recommend that he be awarded "exceptional honors" of some sort, due to circumstances which I shall not make public, but which make his service all the more inspiring.

I second the nomination of Major Tom for High Honors, as Cadre. He was one of the brightest lights to ever grace our forums, with his concise analysis, excellent writing style, and all of the many other qualities that earned my deep and abiding respect for his instructive and interesting analytical documents. It was Major Tom who enlightened us on the greatest mystery of all, in that era: Frontage. I consider his work to be the definitive analysis of the subject. Excellent nomination, GChristie! :)

I recommend that Jim-NC be recognized for... hell, a bunch of stuff. :D He wrote a classic post on Experience; he's a hugely experienced PBEM gamer; he's an enormously experienced talent as a host; he's... well, you get the idea. Jim has become a guiding light for many, here. Let's give credit, where credit is due. Jim, I intend to add your treatise to my signature library link. :)

I also recommend that McNaughton be recognized for the huge contribution that he has made to our forums' knowledge and community. People think of me as being one of the forum's foremost "artillery experts". They are misinformed, for McNaughton has already forgotten more about artillery than I'll ever know. That's not hyperbole, gentlemen.

Finally, I recommend Confederate for some sort of recognition. Man! I have never seen anybody come in here with guns blazin', like he's done! :D
The guy is friendly, good-natured, and he wants to help make our community better. He's already a Beta! That blows me away. When this guy becomes "seasoned" here, I suspect that he'll have a lot to offer us.

Gotta wrap it up, men. This WiFi hotspot is shutting down, and the queen is out in the "royal carriage", blowing the horn with Queenly impatience. :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate the holiday. May everyone's New Year be their best yet.

Dixicrat
[font=Arial][size=84]
@George McClellan: Congrats on your decision. So... how is that Army coming along, anyway?
[/size][/font]

Dixicrat
General

Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:05 am

The Queen will have to wait. I just realized that I've overlooked a few things.
Things like congratulating my old and new friends for their awards. Sorry, gents.

Lodilefty, I am deeply embarrassed that I've somehow overlooked congratulating you for your long overdue recognition. I cannot think of a finer exemplar than you, and I mean that sincerely. Thanks for all of the many accomplishments of service that the queen has recognized you for; and on a personal level, thank you for your patience with me, and for teaching me what you have.

To the RuS team that was recognized by the Queen, congratulations, gentlemen. I was surprised by how highly the Queen honored your work. To me, that says that I need to check out what you've done. I intend to do that very thing, very soon.

To Longshanks, I'm glad that my nomination for your award was accepted. You certainly deserve the award that you've received, and I suspect that in the long run, you'll deserve a lot more.

To Hobbes... what can I say. I knew that you'd done a lot for us, but I didn't realize how much. Congratulations on your awards for your achievements! I particularly liked her award to you for "shaping the soul of our games". :thumbsup:

Chris, I must warn you: Havely has been studying WiA for about a week now, learning the game and jotting notes. She may claim to be a weak player... but that's "old news". Her weakness in gaming before was just because she wasn't particularly interested. Times have changed. She's definitely interested, now! ;) I know that you designed the campaign that the two of you will be playing, but don't expect her to be a pushover. And to quote her very own words: "...And that's all I'm going to say, about that." :D

Doomwalker... I am so glad to see you back with us. Based on what I remember, I think that your awards are well deserved. :)
[SIZE="3"]Regards,[/size]

Dixicrat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Basic Training for AACW newcomers

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:37 am

Aphrodite Mae wrote:Wow! :w00t: I thought you were gone for good! And yet... here you are! :happyrun: :p ompom:

Gentlemen of the forums, may I present to you the Queen's Jeweler and Armorer, Doomwalker! Doomwalker is the artist who designed the "tiger in cool shades" pin for us, a few years ago; and he is also the artist who created the only medal that your sweet little queen wears: my beautiful, elegant "Queen Medal", that I display in my avatar. (Doomwalker was part of the cabal that brought legitimacy to my ruthless seizure of Queeniness, in "days of yore"!) :mdr: And last but certainly not least, many of the handsome racks that you see worn by men of these forums were put together by Doomwalker, when people petitioned him for help.

Is this guy a candidate for the Queen's Gallantry medal, or what?!

For his services to the Queen as the "Jeweler" who designed the extremely cool "tiger pin", Doomwalker is awarded the Queen's Gallantry Medal, with Bronze Oak Leaf.

For his services to the forums as "armorer" in creating racks for those who needed help, his Bronze Oak Leaf is upgraded to silver.

For his services to the Queen and forums in designing the single medal that the Queen displays with pride (the medal of her legitimate sovereignty), Doomwalker's Silver leaf is upgraded to Gold.

Doomwalker created your Queen's Crown, gentlemen! :)

And for always giving his best efforts to meet the Queen's requests for graphics support with a cheerful "can do!" attitude, no matter what she asked, or how many times she sent it back for changes...
Doomwalker's Golden Leaf shall be armored in the frost of "coolness".
:cool:

[CENTER][ATTACH]16903[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Thanks for your talented service to us, old friend! :) You have a rare honor awaiting you, when the Queen's Army is unveiled... ;)

Thank you my Queen. I will wear it with honor.
[color="DarkGreen"][SIZE="2"]“We may be annihilated, but we cannot be conquered.”

- General Albert Sidney Johnston[/size][/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[CENTER][color="DarkGreen"]AGEod's American Civil War Wiki - [/color][color="DarkGreen"]AACWWiki[/color][/CENTER]

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:41 am

Jim-NC wrote:Doomwalker,

Congratulations on your medal with Gold Leaf.

Thank you Jim.
[color="DarkGreen"][SIZE="2"]“We may be annihilated, but we cannot be conquered.”

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[CENTER][color="DarkGreen"]AGEod's American Civil War Wiki - [/color][color="DarkGreen"]AACWWiki[/color][/CENTER]

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:43 am

Dixicrat wrote:Doomwalker... I am so glad to see you back with us. Based on what I remember, I think that your awards are well deserved. :)

Thanks Dixicrat. I am happy to be back. It took some work, but I finally got some internet over here in Afghanistan LOL. Even though it is some of that slow moving stuff, it is better than nothing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hobbes

Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:16 pm

Thanks Dixi. I'm looking forward to playing against Her Majesty - I have a feeling it may make for a unique AAR! I'm certainly not expecting it to be easy - also apart from my few games against Carnium I have not played much over the past few years so I'm expecting a tough fight (especially if she is making notes :blink :) .

Cheers, Chris

Aphrodite Mae

Rack correction for Hobbes

Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:40 am

Hobbes, you may have noticed that some of the changes that I made in Dignity within the medals PDF affected your rack, a bit. I'm sorry that I gave you the one with the old arrangement. I think that you're very sweet to have posted your medals in your signature, and so if the idea of going through the struggle of modding your signature again is a horrifying prospect, I'll understand if you want to leave things just like they are. ;)

I also forgot to include your special, "optional attachment" to your "Stuffed Tiger", since it now has a "tale". :D

Here's your rack, scaled to 50%. :)
[CENTER]
[ATTACH]16926[/ATTACH]
[/CENTER]

Of course, if you want to keep your "tale" out of the picture, I'll certainly understand. I'll send you a rack-sans-tale via email, when we chat about our pending game. :)
Attachments
Hobbes Rack with tail IIa (50%).png
Hobbes Rack with tail IIa (50%).png (9.47 KiB) Viewed 7983 times

Jim-NC

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:24 am

Dixicrat wrote:Beloved Queen, :)
I recommend that Jim-NC be recognized for... hell, a bunch of stuff. :D He wrote a classic post on Experience; he's a hugely experienced PBEM gamer; he's an enormously experienced talent as a host; he's... well, you get the idea. Jim has become a guiding light for many, here. Let's give credit, where credit is due. Jim, I intend to add your treatise to my signature library link. :)

Gotta wrap it up, men. This WiFi hotspot is shutting down, and the queen is out in the "royal carriage", blowing the horn with Queenly impatience. :rolleyes:

You are too kind, and I don't know about having any talents. :bonk:

and you shouldn't keep the queen waiting. :neener:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jim-NC

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:27 am

Dixicrat wrote:Men, just because the Queen is my wife doesn't mean that I get to see what she's writing, before you do. This post totally ambushed me! :D :coeurs:

Thanks for a hysterically funny post, your Majesty! :thumbsup: I'm really surprised that no one else has commented on it, frankly. Who knows: maybe I'm the very last fan of "Mae", left on the forums. Somehow, I don't think so.

Men, don't let your respect and admiration for our amazing "sweet little queen" awe you into silence. I happen to know that the woman behind the myth is just like any other woman on Earth: she appreciates being appreciated, no matter how noble and selfless she may appear. ;)

Being gallant and all sometimes requires sacrifices be made. :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hobbes

Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:40 pm

Aphrodite Mae wrote:Hobbes, you may have noticed that some of the changes that I made in Dignity within the medals PDF affected your rack, a bit. I'm sorry that I gave you the one with the old arrangement. I think that you're very sweet to have posted your medals in your signature, and so if the idea of going through the struggle of modding your signature again is a horrifying prospect, I'll understand if you want to leave things just like they are. ;)

I also forgot to include your special, "optional attachment" to your "Stuffed Tiger", since it now has a "tale". :D

Here's your rack, scaled to 50%. :)
[CENTER]
[ATTACH]16926[/ATTACH]
[/CENTER]

Of course, if you want to keep your "tale" out of the picture, I'll certainly understand. I'll send you a rack-sans-tale via email, when we chat about our pending game. :)

I love the "tale"! :)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:34 pm

Dixicrat wrote:Beloved Queen, :)
I nominate Narwhal for a nod of some sort, for his good idea of moving the thread. Now, this thread has greater accessibility for all members of our community.

Yes ! for his suggestion about moving the thread.. :mdr: But more important for his great AAR's in the paradox forum. ;) Ageod AAR forum looked rich with his AARS, and AFAIK more AAR on the way.

I would also like to suggest Berto for an award for his invention of agelint. That looks as great tool to fix database errors in age engine without forgetting his weather pattern work.

And my final proposition for an award goes to real proletariat Clovis. All the recent of Rise of Prussia AI and his experiences from it benefit RUS game. He extended his work in Fatal years by further tuning factions and the AI. Most probably there will be also an AI for Tashkent Soviet and the Bashkirs. :thumbsup:
http://moddercorner.com/

Aphrodite Mae

Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:59 am

I hope that everyone has had a wonderful time, over the holidays! :)

I appreciate your patience and forebearance, gentlemen, in granting me the time to deal with real world holiday concerns. As some of you know, I have small children for whom Christmas has always been a very special and magical time. This year was no exception. :coeurs:

During my holiday absence, we've received a large number of deserving nominations in this thread. How delightful! :) Even so, I've recently discovered some much older nominations which were never answered by me, and so I believe that those should be dealt with, first.

We'll do the first one today, and the others over the next few days, OK?
Great! Let's get started! :)

Aphrodite Mae

Caccio's Service Commendation Medal

Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:16 am

On May 20th, 2009, Caccio was nominated for the Service Commendation Medal for his "Battle Reporter" utility.

Redeemer wrote:[...]I would also like to nominate Caccio for a service medal or whatever is appropriate for his work on the Battle Reporter... which is cool as s**t and will help players understand why they just got the snot kicked out of them in a battle.

His nomination occurred while I was away from the forums for several days. At that time, medals of high dignity such as the Service Commendation Medal required not only a nomination, but multiple "seconds". Caccio received confirmation in almost record time! The reason why was simple: people thought that his utility was extremely useful. It "analyzed" the results of a battle, and consolidated a large amount of very useful information into a report that was easy to understand.

It was a breakthrough, because it saved us from the tedium of wading through the output of the game logs to gather information piece by piece. Suddenly, what had taken us twenty minutes before, now was presented instantly, and in a format that was readily understandable. It was a tool that we'd been needing, but never even realized it. Thanks, Caccio!

For those of you who would like to examine Caccio's utility, here's a link to the thread: Caccio's Battle Reporter

I hereby officially present the Service Commendation Medal to Caccio, for his innovative "Battle Reporter" utility.
I also award a Bronze Oak Leaf as a mark of distinguishing achievement.

It is unfortunate that you have had to wait so long, Caccio. Belated congratulations, from the Queen! Excellent work, sir! :)

[CENTER][ATTACH]16994[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Because Caccio's award has been so long delayed, he is additionally granted the Queen's Gallantry Medal. :)

Here is your rack, Caccio, scaled to 50%. :)

[CENTER][ATTACH]16997[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Attachments
Caccio's Rack 50%.png
Caccio's Rack 50%.png (2.21 KiB) Viewed 8216 times
8901_Service Commendation Medal B.png
8901_Service Commendation Medal B.png (1.68 KiB) Viewed 8221 times

Aphrodite Mae

Let's have a party!

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:29 pm

On May 16th, 2009, Dixicrat and Jim-NC were nominated for service recognition, by Redeemer.

Redeemer wrote:I would like to nominate JIM-NC and Dixicrat for the Service Medal for several helpful and insightful posts that have taught me even more about the game.

I'll cover Dixicrat's nomination separately. But as for Jim...

Dixicrat wrote:[...] I recommend that Jim-NC be recognized for... hell, a bunch of stuff. :D

Based upon these two nominations, it appears to me that Jim-NC is long overdue for some recognition!

Jim is a respected voice in our community, for he is a strong player who is among our most experienced PBEM players. His AACW advices have guided many, and his helpful, friendly courtesy has made our community a better place to be! :) His research has advanced our understanding of AACW, and his service as a PBEM host is well known both in tournament circles, and in the greater community.

I'd like to honor Jim with a party! :)

Jim lives in the American South, just as I do; and both as a friend and a public supporter of this thread, he has certainly been a comfort, to me!
I suggest that we celebrate Jim, by having a "Southern Comfort" party! :D Just a little informal gathering of friends, that's BYOB! (Bring Your Own Buddy!) Hey: it'll give us all a chance to use the rest of any eggnog that we might have left over, from the holidays! :)

So, let's whip out the eggnog, and cheer it up a little bit with some Southern Comfort or whatever you choose, shall we?
[SIZE="1"]...Careful, now... a little "cheer" can go a long way...! ;) [/size]

Let's get things started with a toast to Jim, for his service as my "herald"!
Jim's bold announcements on my behalf from time to time throughout this thread have made me grin, with their record-breaking font sizes! So, thanks, Jim, for being one of the guys who has helped to make my experience of being Queen, fun!

...Cheers!
:)

Aphrodite Mae

Jim's Service Commendation Award!

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:35 pm

OK... a little more eggnog to refill your glass... a bit more "cheer"...
...and we're ready to continue! :)

...Wait. Some of you don't have any eggnog in your glass, but lots of "cheer"! Would you care to add some eggn-... [SIZE="1"]...No? [/size]
OK! Well, let's move on, then! :)

Our next toast to Jim is all about his service as a PBEM host. His record is nothing short of impressive! He has hosted eight games between other players, and much of that service was under the trying conditions of hosting simultaneous games during Daxil's last tournament! I don't know about you, but I haven't even played eight PBEM games yet, much less hosted that many!

In May, 2009, Dixicrat posted that he intended to petition me to increase the dignity of host awards, explaining that hosting simultaneous games during the tournament was grueling. After watching him work to resolve an unexpected problem in one of the games that he was hosting while simultaneously trying to coordinate a second game, I had to agree. His petition is recognized and approved, and retroactively dated to the date of his post. :)

I hereby award the Service Commendation Medal to Jim-NC, for his commendable service as a 3rd party host in PBEM games.
For his exceptional service to our forum's tournament play, he is additionally awarded a Bronze Oak leaf, for that Medal!
Jim, this medal replaces your current Service medal.

[CENTER][ATTACH]17013[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

A toast to Jim, for his hosting!
...Cheers! :)

...Just to be clear: it isn't necessary to drain your glass with each toast as some of you have been doing, gentlemen!
(I'm especially talking to you "no eggnog" guys....)
Attachments
8901_Service Commendation Medal B.png
8901_Service Commendation Medal B.png (1.68 KiB) Viewed 8191 times

Aphrodite Mae

Jim's old rack!

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:23 am

Badges are medals that you award to yourself, after you've met certain requirements. I came up with the idea of badges after people started displaying their medals in their signature. The idea behind badges was that they would be a sort of "calling card" in your rack to let other people know what your interests and skills were. With a glance, you could tell if someone was an avid PBEM player, or an experienced host, or even a modder. It hasn't really worked out that way, but it seemed worth a try. :)

Jim's rack features several badges. Let's take a quick look at Jim's rack as it was just before our little party started, and I'll briefly explain what each medal and badge is for!

[CENTER][ATTACH]17014[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Top row: Queen's Army Private (Infantry); Service Medal

Second row down: "Militia Trainer" Badge (for hosting four PBEM games between two other players); "PBEM Recruiter" Badge (for playing/hosting another person's first PBEM experience); "AAR Commentator" Badge (for posting one or more AARs that include supportive graphics and other markups)

Third row down: "Combat Command" Badge (this particular one denotes 12+ PBEM games! There are separate badges for each of your first 12 PBEM games); "Field Officer" Badge (for meeting specific requirements of "reputation" and "AGEod rank"; this badge is retired from new issue, since the reputation system is no longer used on these forums); "Graphics Warrant Officer" Badge (for meeting specific requirements dealing with graphics modding)

Fourth row down: "Enlisted Service" Badge (similar to the "Field Officer" Badge, except qualifications not as stringent; leaf indicates tournament participation); "Good Conduct" Medal, with oak leaf (leaf awarded for participation in "queen's challenge" contests in this thread); and finally, the "Shiloh" Campaign ribbon (for having played both sides of the AACW "Shiloh" scenario.) :)

A toast to Jim, for having reached the top of the "Combat Command" series! With over 14 PBEM games under his belt, Jim is one of our most experienced PBEM players!
Another toast to Jim, for his services as a "Recruiter"! As far as I know, he has introduced more people to the fun and excitement of PBEM play than anyone else, on these forums! Because he has doubled (!!) the requirement for the "Militia Trainer" badge, I hereby affix the "crown" pin to his badge!
[CENTER]
[ATTACH]17015[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

...Cheers!

And yet another toast to Jim, for his committment to posting AARs for many of his games!

And for his support of my endeavors to promote PBEM play in our community...
<[font="Book Antiqua"]...the queen frowns at her eggnog glass, then sets it down gingerly and edges away from it[/font]>
uh...
...a round of applause, for our friend, Jim!! :)

In fact, for all of his support in advancing my "royal" agenda of promoting community, camraderie, and PBEM competition,
I award Jim the Queen's Gallantry medal, with Golden Oak Leaf.

And finally... for having created the cabal that brought legitimacy to my "rule" as Queen,
Jim's Golden Leaf is annointed with the frost of "coolness".
Thanks for your faithful and loyal friendship and support, Jim! :)

[CENTER][ATTACH]17016[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Oh, what the heck...
a toast, to Jim!

Attachments
8398_Queen's Gallentry G(f).png
8398_Queen's Gallentry G(f).png (3.87 KiB) Viewed 8189 times
8501_Militia Trainer.png
8501_Militia Trainer.png (4.44 KiB) Viewed 8191 times
Jim's old rack.png
Jim's old rack.png (59.48 KiB) Viewed 8191 times

Aphrodite Mae

Jim's Battlefield Medal!

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:59 am

Jim is a strong player, and that becomes evident when you examine his games. An excellent example is his very first PBEM game, against Doomwalker. The battle of Ft. Bragg is an excellent example of the damage that Jim can do: he received 19 hits... and inflicted two hundred twenty three!

Here's a link to the AAR: A bloody battle at Shiloh.

Gentlemen: a toast, to Jim's playing strength!

For his strong game against Doomwalker, Jim is awarded the "Command" level Battlefield Medal!
:gardavou:

[CENTER][ATTACH]17017[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]Is it looking a bit fuzzy? ...Try toasting with more eggnog, and a bit less "cheer", OK?[/size]

Attachments
8800_Command Medal.png
8800_Command Medal.png (877 Bytes) Viewed 7820 times
Jim's fuzzy little Command Medal.png
Jim's fuzzy little Command Medal.png (13.34 KiB) Viewed 8189 times

Aphrodite Mae

Jim's Cadre Award!

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:10 am

Both Redeemer and Dixicrat nominated Jim for recognition of his service to our community as a knowledgeable, experienced "answer man". I wholeheartedly agree! Jim's posts on Experience enabled us to better understand the effect of combat experience on AACW units. Here's a link to his helpful thread: Experience.

Furthermore, Jim has become an "AGEod Grognard" by posting literally hundreds of helpful answers to the questions of newcomers and veterans!

A toast to our newest Cadre, gentlemen! :)
...Cheers!

I hereby award Jim the prestigious Cadre Service Medal, for his exemplary service to our community as AACW cadre! :)

[CENTER][ATTACH]17019[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

...more eggnog, anyone...?
...No?
...me, neither. Whew!
Attachments
9300_Cadre Service Medal.png
9300_Cadre Service Medal.png (1.29 KiB) Viewed 7817 times
Eggnogified Cadre.png
Eggnogified Cadre.png (3.45 KiB) Viewed 8187 times

Aphrodite Mae

Thanks for attending Jim's party!

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:24 am

So... thanks for attending the party, guys! :)
Take a glance at Jim's new rack, on your way out!

[CENTER][ATTACH]17021[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Top row: Cadre Service Medal; Command Battlefield Medal; Service Commendation Medal with Bronze Leaf
Second row: Militia Trainer Badge (exceptional award); Queen's Gallantry Medal with Golden Frosted Leaf; Combat Command Badge for 12+ games
Third row: Veteran Field Officer Badge; Warrant I Graphics Badge; Veteran NCO Badge with Bronze Leaf
Fourth row: Queen's Army Infantry Private Rank Badge; "Far West" campaign ribbon; "Shiloh" campaign ribbon

Jim, I've also included a rack scaled to 50%, for your signature! :)

Bye, everybody! Thanks for coming! ...Be sure and leave your address, so I can mail you your car keys, OK?
Thanks! ...and walk safely, on your way to the taxi!

@Jim-NC: Have you "seen the elephant"?! I have! ...It's in the living room, and it's pink! :D

[SIZE="4"][font="Book Antiqua"]Queen Aphrodite Mae[/font][/size]
Attachments
Jim's Updated Rack 50%.png
Jim's Updated Rack 50%.png (13.27 KiB) Viewed 7821 times
Jim's Updated Rack.png
Jim's Updated Rack.png (21 KiB) Viewed 8186 times

Jim-NC

Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:36 am

What can I say?

[SIZE="5"]IT'S PARTY TIME![/size]

[SIZE="7"]HOWEVER, YOUR MAJESTY, I MUST STRONGLY OBJECT TO THE DESCRIPTION SEEN BELOW.[/size]
It was not a cabal, it's not like we overthrew the forums here or anything or installed you as a queen or....
hmmm...

On second thought you might be right. :siffle:

Aphrodite Mae wrote:
In fact, for all of his support in advancing my "royal" agenda of promoting community, camraderie, and PBEM competition,
I award Jim the Queen's Gallantry medal, with Golden Oak Leaf.

And finally... for having created the cabal that brought legitimacy to my "rule" as Queen,
Jim's Golden Leaf is annointed with the frost of "coolness".
Thanks for your faithful and loyal friendship and support, Jim! :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jim-NC

Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:38 am

Aphrodite Mae wrote:
[SIZE="1"]Is it looking a bit fuzzy? ...Try toasting with more eggnog, and a bit less "cheer", OK?[/size]

Not quite fuzzy, but things do seem to be spinning a bit :8o:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jim-NC

Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:45 am

Aphrodite Mae wrote:So... thanks for attending the party, guys! :)
Take a glance at Jim's new rack, on your way out!

Top row: Cadre Service Medal; Command Battlefield Medal; Service Commendation Medal with Bronze Leaf
Second row: Militia Trainer Badge (exceptional award); Queen's Gallantry Medal with Golden Frosted Leaf; Combat Command Badge for 12+ games
Third row: Veteran Field Officer Badge; Warrant I Graphics Badge; Veteran NCO Badge with Bronze Leaf
Fourth row: Queen's Army Infantry Private Rank Badge; "Far West" campaign ribbon; "Shiloh" campaign ribbon

Jim, I've also included a rack scaled to 50%, for your signature! :)

Bye, everybody! Thanks for coming! ...Be sure and leave your address, so I can mail you your car keys, OK?
Thanks! ...and walk safely, on your way to the taxi!

@Jim-NC: Have you "seen the elephant"?! I have! ...It's in the living room, and it's pink! :D

[SIZE="4"][font="Book Antiqua"]Queen Aphrodite Mae[/font][/size]

I thank you for your generosity, your majesty. I shall endeavor to be worthy of the honors thus bestowed. :coeurs:

How's my rack look? It reminds me of a Boy Scout's Merit Badge Sash (as he's going for his Eagle.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:31 am

Congratulations Jim. Well deserved.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:34 am

Aphrodite Mae wrote:Jim is a strong player, and that becomes evident when you examine his games. An excellent example is his very first PBEM game, against Doomwalker. The battle of Ft. Bragg is an excellent example of the damage that Jim can do: he received 19 hits... and inflicted two hundred twenty three!

Of course you would have to bring this one up, my Queen. LOL

I'll toast Jim with 4 "cheers" and no eggnog, this round.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:39 am

Jim-NC wrote:On second thought you might be right. :siffle:

Shush! LOL, I saw nothing, I spoke nothing, and I heard nothing; of such matters as you speak. :innocent:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jim-NC

Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Well thank you Doomwalker. It has/is a honor to be in this forum.

We shall not talk of that again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Congratulations Jim! :thumbsup:

You undoubtedly deserve it. You're a role model. ;)

Best regards! :wavey:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “General discussions”