lodilefty

ROP {public beta) patch 1.03 Release Candidate 7a December 12, 2011

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:56 pm

Comprehensive Patch: all changes since 1.01b are included.

<link removed>

[CENTER]Rise of Prussia Update 1.03 – Beta Patch RC7a [/CENTER]
December 12, 2011
The patch is a comprehensive patch, meaning it can be applied directly over your initial game installation setup version.

RC7 changes hilighted in blue. RC7a changes hilighted in Green

Game logic
  • ZOC don’t prevent retreat anymore
  • Retreat damages algorithm improved with variables exported for modding (see AGE Wiki)
  • It is no longer possible to make a breach with any unit (like cavalry). You now need at least one artillery or engineer element or a unit with a siege ability or a unit/leader with a special trait (‘Breacher’).
  • If you are in supply when besieged with at least one supply wagon or a depot, you can only surrender if you fail your discipline test AND you fail a 5% chance to a percentage roll.
  • If you are besieged, weaker than the besieger, with a breach in the structure and only in partial supply, then your troop discipline will get a -3 modifier (more chance to surrender).
  • Supply can now pass through neutral territory (case of Russian supply in Polish territory).
  • You no longer assault structures if you are still moving, you only assault them if you have stopped moving (the region of the structure is your destination or you don't move at all) UNLESS your ROE is also 'all out attack'. Both the assault posture and ROE tooltips have been updated to explain that to the player.
  • This is to prevent serious problems for the AI that has been observed in several of the AGE games with unexpected assaults from the AI: She wants to assault region X, but in the end it happens she will before assault region Y!
  • Fixed Major Roads to function properly
  • Added GameRules to prevent ongoing Unit maintenance costs and Conscript decay
  • [color=#0000ff]Added GameRule to allow AI to properly take over a Faction that was being controlled or edited by a human player
    [/color]
Special Orders
  • You can now build fortified camps at the cost of 1 supply + 1 artillery element
  • Cavalry is more impaired by difficult terrains and well organized infantry.
  • Bug fixed regarding depot construction and supply unit usage.
  • Losing depleted elements will cost less morale.
  • Production time calculation revised (again). A unit with a Build Rate of 100 should be unlocked in one turn
AI
  • AI will be less aggressive (parameters exported for modding)
  • AI will regroup better corps with army HQ (‘flocking behavior’)
  • New AI algorithm: concentrate, can apply to all threatened stacks.
  • Leaders now redeploy slightly better toward candidate stacks
  • It is now possible to define an affinity for each leader toward certain stacks (modding)
  • Fixed: Theaters ratio miscalculated sometime, leading to too aggressive behaviors in some cases.
  • Thanks to Clovis good work (work done by modding the AI), the AI is now better for winter quartering and objectives assessment.
  • the AI now considers the % of light elements (raiders, cavalry) when checking for assaults against a structure, and not just the ratio of power between the defenders and the assaulting force.
  • New AI parameter: aiCTM_ThreatValInFow in AI.opt to help regulate AI agressivness
  • Fixed syntax errors in AIFocus_OMB.inc (incorrect usage of Theaters and Areas)
  • Corrected several Alias errors in the AI event files

Modding & Scripting
  • Commander in chief class ability added
  • Prisoners scripts commands added

Events
  • Modified error on Prussian general Lolhöffel
  • Added Clovis' Winter quarters and Balances files for AI
  • Fixed leaderless Swedish brigade in reinforcement
  • Modified the number of Militia replacements added each year, plus an automatic militia into line replacement conversion beyond a certain level
  • Removed Bavaria and Wurtemberg Heavy Cav replacement (become now standard)
  • Added Supply replacements
  • Fixed arrival of Prince William when Zastrow has already been killed. Will join largest Force in Hannover/WestFalen/Bremen extended areas (defined by Area $Hannover_Territory)
  • Fixed Ferdinand of Brunswick multiple choice event to not trigger if Ferdinand has already been promoted to 3 Star General
  • Fixed lack of message to AUS player when Browne dies. Modified death event so it cannot occur until Browne is replaced by Charles
  • Extended “VP Balance” events through the end of 1763
  • Reduced quantity of ongoing Light Infantry replacements
  • Added check for existing Leader for all purchase Leader Options
  • Fixed duplicate Soltikov events
  • Reworked Saxon Capitulation events
    • Now only the 3 road regions leading to Pirna must be controlled
      • Dresden
      • Radeburg
      • Dippoldiswalde
    • Probability once regions are controlled is now 100% (was 75%, causing reports that event wasn't working)
    • Capitulation must occur before the end of 1756 (was through April 1757)
    • When requirements are met, a line message will warn players that capitulation will occur the next turn
    • Reminder: if Prussia is AI, capitulation can also occur if less than 24 SAX Elements are remaining in Saxony Theater.
  • Simplified the Pass Blocked icon system to only show icons in the actual regions that are Passes
  • Corrected several region Alias errors in 1757, Pass Blocked, Balances, RoP Options Reinforcement, [color=#0000ff]Campaign 62-63, PrusianAI and Austrian AI2 event files[/color]

[color=#280099]Setups[/color]
  • Added some additional annual Heavy Cav replacements for all nations
  • Removed useless AUS Skirmisher replacements
  • Added Naval supply in the Baltic (mostly to assist Russian supply lines) and modified all scenarios accordingly (saves not compatibles)
  • Fixed duplicate Dyhern & co (3 brigades) wrongly setup in Alsace in 1756 scenario. These units now appear with the 1757 Event 'Armée La Dauphine'
  • Corrected Unit name Braunschweig-Behr I. inthe 1756 Setup
  • Emden starts 1756 Setup unblocked.
  • All Scenarios: Emden now part of the Oldenburg Area (was in Nederland)

DB
  • Corrected *pillager* attribute to light infantry and cavalry for petty war (Klein Krieg) purpose
  • fixed bridge on map between Wien and Krems
  • fixed map links between Tabor, Pisek and Rokitzan
  • Added Merchantships (for naval supply)
  • Corrected Cossacks families to use Raider replacements (not cavalry)
  • Added missing minor river link Between Kolin and Chemlitz
  • Modified terrain in Karslbad to be woods, not hills, as per map graphics
  • Added Magdeburg, Minden, Wesel and Emden as potential Prussian recruitment centers
  • Corrected missing fire damage for Hussars & Carabiniers
  • Brunn region terrain changed
  • von Nostitz changed
  • Fortress Artillery changed family to Heavy Artillery (for replacements)
  • Corrected “Military Genius” ability/icon for Friedrich II von Preussen model (Ability alias was misspelled)
  • Reduced VP losses when Saxon Units are eliminated
  • Corrected Alias for “Offensive Master” ability for Ernst von Laudon (AUS), Moritz von Anhalt-Dessau (PRU)

[color=#280099]Graphics / Interface[/color]
  • Fixed missing HorseGrenadier Army picture for Russia
  • Fixed missing images for French Chasseurs de Fisher and Saint-Victor events
  • Fixed missing images for Saint-Victor and Fischer French events
  • Changed wrong Wedell army pictures
  • battle scale is back
  • Abilities cleared correctly (graphic glitch) when viewing a model with less abilities than the previous.
  • Updated Pictures for leaders:
    • AUS: Ried, Buckow, d'Ursel and Neipperg,
    • BRU: Frederick Augustus of Brunswick,
    • PRU: Belling, Prittwitz, Stutterheim, Lentulus, Itzenplitz, Zastrow and Möllendorf.
    • RUS: Kashkin and Mordvinov
    • FRA: Voyer
    • SWE: Hessenstein
  • Fixed leader graphics display
    • PRU: von Platen
  • Fixed Town name and region control icon displays
  • Can now abort a unit construction by exiting “build mode”, selecting it and hitting the <Delete> key.
  • there is a more detailed tooltip on the entrench level icon
  • abilities tooltip have their appliance level added by code.
  • Fixed appearance of Element Detail window (thank you: Spada)
  • Wider Element Name space in Detail winow (thank you: [color=red]BigDuke66)[/color]
  • Fixed missing colored bar in Battle Animation (thank you: Spada)
  • Fixed “faint letters” seen at top of map (thank you: Spada)
  • Removed “Tutorials” button from New Game selection list
  • Fixed the “Experience Tooltip”(in Element Detail window, shows experience required for next level)
  • Corrected graphics for Prussian Fusileers and Trained Infantry

Strings
  • Several minor string corrections
  • More French leaders bios added
  • German language version corrections and additions
  • Added missing strings for “Replacements Conversion” Options
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Spada
Private

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:45 pm

Thanks Lodilefty for the patch and your work. :thumbsup:

A minor correction in the patch notes, the "Wider Element Name space in Detail winow (thank you: Spada)" , I think was Bigduke66 and not me.

Thanks again. :)

lodilefty

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:57 pm

Spada wrote:Thanks Lodilefty for the patch and your work. :thumbsup:

A minor correction in the patch notes, the "Wider Element Name space in Detail winow (thank you: Spada)" , I think was Bigduke66 and not me.

Thanks again. :)

Oh my! Am I an idiot or what? :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :(

Thank you BigDuke66 :love:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

BigDuke66
General

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:29 am

:thumbsup: Thanks to both!
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

BigDuke66
General

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:01 am

Nothing big but could you take a look at the playable regions?
I don't see why the Prussian regions(Aurick, Leer, Papenburg, Rhede) around Emden are blocked and why the regions(Malchin, Waren, Neustrelitz) north of Berlin are not blocked although they are part of the Holly Roman Empire.

lodilefty

Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:07 pm

BigDuke66 wrote:Nothing big but could you take a look at the playable regions?
I don't see why the Prussian regions(Aurick, Leer, Papenburg, Rhede) around Emden are blocked and why the regions(Malchin, Waren, Neustrelitz) north of Berlin are not blocked although they are part of the Holly Roman Empire.

In the future, yes. :D

We are "freezing" non-game-stopping issues until the patch is official. :)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

BigDuke66
General

Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:50 am

In that case what about the light cavalry movements from entry/exit regions into pass regions if that pass region is blocked.
Here is another save, use the light cavalry unit at Reichenberg and try plotting a movement to the pass region Gorlitz.
He simply refuses to move light cavalry directly between Penzig and Gorlitz & also between Zittau and Gorlitz but that is exactly what those light unit still can do, to move over such blocked passes from/to entry/exit regions.

When I look at the links show from there to neighboring regions, I see that all brown links allow a direct move into the region, all that are gray block it.

To me it looks like there has to be made an complete check of all links between all regions as a lot don't seem to make sense.
Why can I move from Reichenberg to Hirshberg but not to Zittau, Koeniginhof or Penzig, simply because Reichenberg to Hirshberg is brown and the others are gray links.
Simply try to move the unit to another regions and use the shift key again and you'll see the links from the target region for example Zittau.
From Zittau I get brown links to Bautzen & Warnsdorf, gray to Gorlitz & Reichenberg and no links to Turnau, again something that doesn't seem to make sense when looking at the map.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qk5tvx0cts4rerj

lodilefty

Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:17 am

BigDuke66 wrote:In that case what about the light cavalry movements from entry/exit regions into pass regions if that pass region is blocked.
Here is another save, use the light cavalry unit at Reichenberg and try plotting a movement to the pass region Gorlitz.
He simply refuses to move light cavalry directly between Penzig and Gorlitz & also between Zittau and Gorlitz but that is exactly what those light unit still can do, to move over such blocked passes from/to entry/exit regions.

When I look at the links show from there to neighboring regions, I see that all brown links allow a direct move into the region, all that are gray block it.

To me it looks like there has to be made an complete check of all links between all regions as a lot don't seem to make sense.
Why can I move from Reichenberg to Hirshberg but not to Zittau, Koeniginhof or Penzig, simply because Reichenberg to Hirshberg is brown and the others are gray links.
Simply try to move the unit to another regions and use the shift key again and you'll see the links from the target region for example Zittau.
From Zittau I get brown links to Bautzen & Warnsdorf, gray to Gorlitz & Reichenberg and no links to Turnau, again something that doesn't seem to make sense when looking at the map.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qk5tvx0cts4rerj

I plan to do a total map review in the New Year. :)
Too many Holidays until then, and we need to get thte patch final. (As long as the game engine is stable, any "DB-only" patches are feasible, as that is in the realm of the volunteers... :D )
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:35 pm

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve RoP”