Aphrodite Mae

Intermission between bands, at Lodifest '11!

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:15 pm

Interlude: Interesting Lodi facts

Some of you know that Lodi was a powerful executive for a major American corporation for many years. But did you know that after he retired, he began a second career? It was a career that was dedicated to helping those who were sick, and helpless. Lodi became a hospital orderly! He sure didn't do it for the money, since Orderlies make about the same salary as the person who asks you if you want fries with your order, at the drive thru. I think that speaks volumes about the man. He is selflessly compassionate, and caring.

He's also musically talented! He plays trumpet, and other brass instruments like mellophones, bugles, and stuff like that. In fact, he was good enough to be in a nationally famous marching band that received many awards for the excellence of their performances, and the precision of their drills!

I once asked him to send me an MP3 file of him playing the military bugle call Reville, so I could crank it on the stereo in the morning to get my stubborn family out of bed a bit more quickly, if you know what I mean. :D I never got that file. I'm pretty sure the reason is because I told him why I wanted it.

See? He is a compassionate man! I'm sure that my husband and kids will be forever grateful. ;)

Aphrodite Mae

Lodilefty: Distinguished AGEod Coordinator

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:24 pm

A few years ago, I was offered the opportunity to become an AGEod game coordinator. I unfortunately had to refuse for many reasons, but one of the main ones was simply that I didn't think that I was capable of doing the job, the way it should be done!

You have to be a strong leader, a top-notch modder, a public relations expert, and a forum "cop". You have to have an unflagging passion for the game you coordinate, and you have to have a work ethic that is beyond exceptional. You have to have a deep and abiding love for this company, and believe in its greatness, despite some of its flaws. And of course, you have to have the discipline and patience to be totally focused on a goal that's often times far, far away.

I don't have all of those qualities, by a long shot. But I know someone who does! ;)

For his exceptional work as the AGEod coordinator of Rise of Prussia, I award Lodilefty the Distinguished Coordinator medal.
For his exceptional work as the coordinator of AGEod's American Civil War, I award Lodilefty the Bronze Oak Leaf, for that medal.
For his exceptional work as the coordinator of Napoleon's Campaign's, I upgrade his Bronze Leaf to Silver.
For his exceptional work as the coordinator of Birth of America, I upgrade his Silver Leaf to Gold.
And for his exceptional work as the coordinator of Wars in America, I've run out of upgrades, I'm afraid.
:D

[CENTER][ATTACH]16661[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

That's right, gentlemen: Lodilefty is currently coordinating over half of AGEod's wargames, all by himself.
A golden leaf just isn't enough. I mean, this guy needs the entire tree from which your sweet little queen lovingly plucks her golden oak leaves, don't you think so?

For now, I'm going to give him a "frosty" golden leaf. But guys, your queen needs a little help, here. For you talented graphics artists who are reading this, I invite you to collaborate with me to make a little "golden oak tree" pin that we can add to Lodi's "Distinguished Coordinator" medal. We're going to need icicles hanging off of it, or something like that, OK? Think "Artic Blizzard", in terms of coolness! :cool:

Lodilefty's avatar is of a Jedi Knight. A Knight who can summon seemingly magical powers to accomplish things that are otherwise impossible.
You know, I can't think of a better or more appropriate avatar, for Lodi! :)

Thanks for doing the impossible, Lodi. Although we might not say it very often, our gratitude is boundless. :)
Attachments
9901_Distinguished Coordinator Service Medal G(f).png
9901_Distinguished Coordinator Service Medal G(f).png (2.29 KiB) Viewed 6907 times

Hobbes

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:33 pm

Aphrodite Mae wrote:Interlude: Interesting Lodi facts

Some of you know that Lodi was a powerful executive for a major American corporation for many years. But did you know that after he retired, he began a second career? It was a career that was dedicated to helping those who were sick, and helpless. Lodi became a hospital orderly! He sure didn't do it for the money, since Orderlies make about the same salary as the person who asks you if you want fries with your order, at the drive thru. I think that speaks volumes about the man. He is selflessly compassionate, and caring.

He's also musically talented! He plays trumpet, and other brass instruments like mellophones, bugles, and stuff like that. In fact, he was good enough to be in a nationally famous marching band that received many awards for the excellence of their performances, and the precision of their drills!

I once asked him to send me an MP3 file of him playing the military bugle call Reville, so I could crank it on the stereo in the morning to get my stubborn family out of bed a bit more quickly, if you know what I mean. :D I never got that file. I'm pretty sure the reason is because I told him why I wanted it.

See? He is a compassionate man! I'm sure that my husband and kids will be forever grateful. ;)

I didn't know any of this about Lodi even though we have been in conversation about the games for many years now. I have a feeling that he wouldn't want me to blow his mellophone so I will just do my usual :thumbsup: which I have done so many times over the years for all the help with the WiA mods and more. It's a thumbs up with added respect though.

Aphrodite Mae

Lodifest '11: Lodilefty's Character

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:38 pm

We're all very fortunate that AGEod is gifted with a number of dedicated men who tirelessly work long hours doing tedious work. They do it all for the purpose of making fascinating new games, or making older games better! There's kind of a bit of irony here, really: I mean, think about it. These gentlemen are working long, hard hours in a mostly thankless job, so that you and I can have fun.

Foremost among those gentlemen is Lodilefty. I intend no slight to any of the other hardworking gentlemen of AGEod, when I say "foremost". It's just that Lodi is doing his work singlehandedly. Literally.

The "lefty" part of his name refers to the fact that he only has the use of his left arm. So: everything that you've ever read that's been posted by him has been typed with one hand. Now: take a look at how many posts he's made. After you've done that, take a moment to think of how patient he is, with everyone. Despite all of the questions that people ask him. Despite all of the "issues" that people petition his help, for. While you're considering all that, don't forget to include all of the times that he's had to moderate a thread, telling people to "cool off" or "speak more civilly, please." Have you ever seen him snap at someone? ...Become angry? I sure haven't. He's always level-headed; he's always calm, cool, and collected. All while having to type every single word with only one hand.

I know I sure couldn't do it.

But wait, there's more.
Le Ricain mentioned that Lodi had recently been WIA. (Wounded in Action). This was a gentle way of saying that Lodi has been in the hospital, until fairly recently. Lodi recently returned home, after a long stay at a hospital, where he was kept in Intensive Care for a very long time.

We almost lost Lodilefty, gentlemen. Our friend almost died.

I can't imagine how hard it must have been for his family, to have him lifelessly laying in a coma, for what must have seemed like forever and a day. And for the longest time, after he came back from Death's doorstep, he couldn't even talk. But when he finally could speak again, one of the first things he did was convey a message to AGEod, expressing his regret for his absence, and cheerfully promising that he would return to work as soon as he possibly could. My God! I've seen dedication before, but I think that tops it all, by a long shot.

Now, if you put all of the stuff I talked about in the other Lodilefty posts together with what I've told you in this post, a portrait of the man begins to emerge:
Lodilefty is a delightfully funny, unflappably calm, cool, collected and brilliant gentleman who views a near death experience as an unfortunate but temporary setback to his work schedule, and who, now that he's back, is once again warmly welcoming newcomers, and responding to an incessant barrage of questions, and working on patches and updates, and supervising and nurturing his Betas, and moderating threads...
...all while being Coordinator for five games...
...all while typing with one hand.

There's no award for that.
I mean, it's so rediculously far above and beyond awards, as to make even the thought of presenting him one of my lovingly crafted little medals just laughable, in its inadequacy.

Even so, maybe here is the time to point out that its not the medals which are the true awards, in this thread. They're just a symbol of the respect and admiration of the people of these forums. A keepsake, to remind the man who has received it that we respect and admire who he is, and what he has done.

Normally, I would award the extremely high honor of the Distinguished Service Award, for any one of the incredible things that I've mentioned about his truly exceptional work for AGEod. But that's just inadequate, in this case. And so, there's only one award that I can give him, pathetically inadequate as it might be.

I lovingly award to Lodilefty the Queen's Counselor medal, inadequate though it may be as an expression of our admiration.

[CENTER][ATTACH]16662[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Thank you, Steve, for being who and what you are, to us.

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]Long Live Lodilefty![/size][/B]
:thumbsup: [/CENTER]
Attachments
999999_Queen's Counsel.png
999999_Queen's Counsel.png (2.53 KiB) Viewed 6905 times

Aphrodite Mae

Our Hero's Rack of Medals

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:54 pm

My friend, teacher, confidant, and hero Lodi sure got a lot of medals at Lodifest, huh? :w00t:

Well, just in case you're wondering what his medals might look like, here's his rack. ;)

[CENTER][ATTACH]16663[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

That's the most astonishing rack you'll ever see on these forums, gentlemen.
You watched me present most of them; you know they're deserved.

Top Row: Queen's Counselor; Distinguished Coordinator with Golden Frosted Oak Leaf; Cadre Service Medal with Golden Frosted Leaf
Bottom Row: Queen's Gallantry Medal with Frosted Bronze Leaf; The Sir Hobbes "Overstuffed Tiger" Award for 3000+ posts; and finally, an honorary "Corps Commander, Queen's Army". ;)

Thanks for attending Lodifest 2011! ;) :cool:

[SIZE="4"][font="Book Antiqua"]Queen Aphrodite Mae[/font][/size]
Attachments
Lodilefty's Rack.png
Lodilefty's Rack.png (17.79 KiB) Viewed 6905 times

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:10 am

Aphrodite Mae wrote:Lodi became a hospital orderly! He sure didn't do it for the money, since Orderlies make about the same salary as the person who asks you if you want fries with your order, at the drive thru.

You should write again this sentence, as those selling fries do it for money they need. Please think about those needing money to survive..
If not done for money, you mean Lodi could also refuse the salary and be gentle giving it back to hospital or helpless (Maybe he did, and he is so gentle he does not show, then I shut up).

Jim-NC

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:47 am

Your majesty,

Where do the Queen's army medals rank? They are not on your chart.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vonRocko
Colonel

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:24 am

Aphrodite Mae wrote:

That's the most astonishing rack you'll ever see on these forums, gentlemen

[SIZE="4"][font="Book Antiqua"]Queen Aphrodite Mae[/font][/size]

I bet you have the most astonishing rack on these forums!!! :mdr: ... :blink: sorry, I couldn't resist.

lodilefty

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:28 pm

:blink: :o :crying:

:) :hat:

I am somewhat beyond words.

I haven't been this embarrassed since......

....the last time I was this embarrassed! :wacko:

I get so much enjoyment from supoorting the games and all of you. :love:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:12 pm

Congrats to you, Lodilefty!

It's nice to see someone get the recognition they deserve, and the background story (it's a story to us, to you it's life) is all the better to set the context and link a part of your life story to own our experiences. <salute!>

And many thanks to Our Gracious Queen, for her efforts to recognize the praise-worthy. <bows>

Mickey3D

Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:37 pm

Aphrodite Mae wrote:Lodifest '11: Lodilefty's Character
[...]
Foremost among those gentlemen is Lodilefty.
[...]

Gosh I didn't know all of this :8o:

"Chapeau bas" :hat: Lodilefty, "respect" :gardavou: and long and happy life. :happyrun:

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Congratulations, Lodi! ;) :thumbsup:

No doubt you deserve all those awards and many more. You're a reference for the AGEOD community. Don't forget it, my friend.

Regards! :wavey:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Captain_Orso

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:48 pm

I feel like I'm standing on the shoulders of giants.

And I'm at a loss for words; not a common thing for this old bear if you've ever read any of my posts. Reading over the previous days in this illustrious thread my appreciation for Lodilefty's work, dedication, patience and presence have been filled out with a deeper human side until now hidden by that hood of his.

My congratulations on your awards, they are more than earned. :thumbsup:

Your Majesty, I bow my head to you and thank you not only for your time and love in creating and presenting these prestigious awards, but especially for bringing to the light the deepest human side of one of this forums most appreciated members. If you ever need rest your feet you may lay them on my furry back.

I am truly in awe and very glad to be a part of this community.

Coldsteel
Sergeant

Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:33 pm

Congrats Lodi, very well deserved! I am at a loss of words after reading what the Queen has posted about you. . . . Just know that everything you do is MUCH appreciated by myself, and everyone else on here.

Thank you to the Queen for taking the time to write all of that. . . . that was outstanding stuff on Lodi.
Pour it into em boys! Give em the Cold Steel!

Franciscus

Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Congratulations lodi ! :thumbsup:

Aphrodite Mae

Steve and the Queen have a sweet little chat...

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:24 pm

lodilefty wrote:
[...]
I am somewhat beyond words.

I haven't been this embarrassed since......

....the last time I was this embarrassed! :wacko:

I get so much enjoyment from supporting the games and all of you. :love:

Wasn't that fun, Steve?! Boy, I just can't wait until Lodifest '12!! :w00t:
Next time, I'm not going to be so shy and restrained!! :p ompom:

...Steve?
...Sweetie?
I don't think that you're being very funny at all, pretending to faint, like that...

:mdr:

Aphrodite Mae

RuS Service Commendation Awards

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:31 am

One of the really great things about AGEod that makes it different from so many other companies is the way that the company and its fans work as a team.

Russia under Siege is one of AGEod's more recent releases. Already, a cadre of dedicated men have emerged from our ranks to contribute their considerable skills to making the game better, as volunteers.

Using their graphics skills, some of these men have worked to restore faded and damaged photographs that are almost a century old, so that we can see the portrait of the General who would otherwise just be a name. Not just one... but dozens.

But for each portrait, there is a story behind the man. Who was he? What did he do? Where did he do it? What were his abilities, and what were his weaknesses, as a military leader? That story has been brought to us through the tireless research of RuS volunteers. Research for the portraits has required similar dedication: whether its been finding the images in the first place, or confirming that a portrait really is who it claims to be, the research couldn't have been easy. Furthermore, to say that some of the Generals in this amazing game are rather obscure is unquestionably true; and yet, we have their portraits, and their stories, and the historical record of their role in the Russian Civil War. What has been done by our volunteers is simply astonishing, gentlemen! :)

I am not an expert on Russian history, by any stretch of the imagination. Even so, what I have found in some of the RuS threads has not only broadened my knowledge, but fascinated me, and made me want to learn more. The reason why is very simple: the long hours of hard work that these men have done have resulted in a remarkably fascinating treasure trove of Russian History, for the rest of us to share.

Maybe one of the more amazing aspects of all of this astonishing work is that the men who have done it, have done so for free, with no expectation of reward or recognition. They have done it, for the love of the game. Nothing more.

I believe that such a combination of hard work and selfless service deserves to be recognized, gentlemen! And so,

I hereby award the Service Commendation Medal to the following men:

[CENTER][SIZE="3"]OneArmedMexican

Jack54

Barbu

Vasileostrovskaya (Василеостровск ;)

AeonTal[/size] [/CENTER]

[CENTER][ATTACH]16724[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

This award is a step beyond what would normally be awarded for your outstanding achievement, but I sincerely believe that it is warranted, so that your honor might be greater. The work you have done, facing the obstacles which you have overcome, has impressed your Queen, gentlemen. :)

Congratulations, for the remarkable achievements of research and graphics work, gentlemen. Well done! :)
Attachments
8900_Service Commendation Medal.png
8900_Service Commendation Medal.png (803 Bytes) Viewed 7052 times

OneArmedMexican
General

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:53 pm

I must seem very ungarteful to respond so late. Such a shiny medal, if I ever become the dictator of some tropical island it will have a prominent place on my uniform. ;)

In all seriousness, it is a very kind idea of you to honour members of this community. I am not sure if I deserve to be amongst them, though. Making a few portraits for RUS and RoP was a pleasure rather than a chore.

Thank you very much. :)

Aphrodite Mae

Sorry!

Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:34 am

Mickey3D wrote:I must admit (shame on me) I'm a little bit lost with all these medals that our graceful and prodigal Queen is designing.

Could it be a good idea to have all of them displayed at the same place with a small explanation ? Perhaps something similar to what Dixicrat did in "Basic training for AACW new comers" ?

Edit : We could have the official list of recipients at the same place.

Mickey, I apologize for being obtuse! Now that I've had enough time for what you were saying to actually sink in, I agree with you completely!

There's no need for me to create the colorful, elaborate, detailed PDF file that I had in mind, when I said that I didn't have time for such a project. I've been so totally focused on developing my "Queen's Army" idea that I've developed a bit of "tunnel vision". Thanks for the wake up call! :)

I'm going to shelve my work on my "Queen's Army" project for awhile, so that I can create some sort of fairly simple document that describes the medals in a simple way. I'm also going to create a simple list of who has been awarded what medal, with a brief, simple explanation of "why".

No doubt, people have been a bit confused. That's not what I want, at all. Why keep presenting new medals, when people don't understand the old ones?

Thanks for a timely suggestion, old friend. :)

Aphrodite Mae

Thank You!

Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:39 am

To those gentlemen who have kindly thanked me for the posts that I wrote for Lodilefty: you are most graciously welcome! It was truly my pleasure, and I'm delighted that you were able to glimpse, through my words, the greatness of our distinguished coordinator. Thank you for your kind words. :)

Havely

Aphrodite Mae

Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:42 am

Jim-NC wrote:I just got finished with my updated rack,

So how does it look? Be honest, I can take it :blink:

If you need help with your rack, I am available from hours of 25:01:00 until 25:01:01 each day. You can contact me via PM. I promise to be thorough (not fast, but thorough).

Jim, I am just mortified that I somehow missed your posts!
Your medals look great. :) There is one small discrepancy, but I'm fairly sure that nobody has noticed. I'll discuss it, via email.
And by the way: thanks for your offer of help, to the forums! :D

Havely

Aphrodite Mae

For friends who aren't fluent in English...

Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:22 am

Friends, if you aren't completely fluent in English, the next post may confuse you.

The other day, my old friend vonRocko made a playful pun, talking about "my rack". In this thread, a "rack" is a person's collection of medals, displayed in their signature. But..."rack" is also American English slang for a woman's breasts.

If anyone was offended by vonRocko's pun on my behalf... don't be. VonRocko has been a faithful friend who has followed my posts for a long time, and I wasn't offended at all. In fact, his pun made me grin.

Now: those who have recently met me may not know that I sometimes write playful posts in the voice of "Mae", a sweet but rather naive southern belle. Don't confuse "Mae" with "Havely", OK?

With all that in mind, read on. :)

Aphrodite Mae

Mae's response to her old friend, vonRocko!

Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:23 am

vonRocko wrote:I bet you have the most astonishing rack on these forums!!! :mdr: ... :blink: sorry, I couldn't resist.

Hi, VonRocko! Glad to see you're still around, years later! :thumbsup:
Hey, I gotta admit, it took awhile for me to finally figure out what you were talkin' about when you said that you bet that I had the most astonishing rack on the forums! I was thinkin', "I don't wear any of my medals in a rack these days!" And so, at first, I thought that you were kinda thinkin' that I must be really distinguished and accomplished with lots of medals and all that kinda stuff that I just don't wear; but then I thought to myself, "who am I tryin' to kid, here? He knows better!" So, I thought and thought, until it finally hit me, what you were really talking about!

You are sooooo sweet! Thank you! :fleurs:
It's such an honor, to have an old friend like you be so impressed with my Queen medal that I wear beneath my Avatar! But you know what? It has to be in your signature, to really be considered a rack! Besides whi-...

[SIZE="1"]We interrupt this post with breaking news: Dixicrat, consort to the Queen, has declared a major breakthrough in his analysis of Mae's Queeniness!
"I've finally realized," he says, "that the most majestic aspect of you is the enormity of your cluelessness, my Queen! Can something of such immensity, of such magnitude be anything other than majestic? Nay, it cannot."
The Queen does not believe herself to be clueless, majestically or otherwise, and so Dixicrat's Queeniness Analysis 1.0 is tabled for further review, before public release.[/size]

Like I was saying before Dixi's weird outburst, I think it's super sweet of you to imply that my single solitary sweet little "Queen medal" makes me have "the forum's most astonishing rack"! So I was trying to think of some sweet gesture that I could do for my old friend VonRocko, to kinda "pay you back" for your starry-eyed devotion to your sweet little queen, you know? And that's when I had a great inspiration!

I was thinking about the cute little crown on my pretty little medal, and I thought, why don't I send VonRocko a picture of me, wearing a crown?!
It just seems kinda apropos, don'tcha think? I mean, think about it! Here's this dude who gallantly makes this kinda implied statement about the greatness of my Queeniness, so what better way to say "thank you" than to send him a picture of me wearing the tiara I got when I won a beauty pageant, when I was 22!

VonRocko, the picture that I'm going to email to you is of me a few years ago, after I won my first beauty pagent! I can't publicly post it, because I'd kinda be a little self-conscious. That's because the picture was taken right after the very last phase of the pageant (the swimsuit competition), and that was the first year that they allowed string bikinis. I'm so sorry, but that's the only picture that I have of me wearing the tiara. Just kinda ignore all that skin I'm showing, and focus on how happy I look, and how pretty my tiara is, OK? That way, whenever you look at my Queen medal, it will give you happy thoughts, when you remember the pic- ...
[SIZE="1"]
We interrupt this post with more breaking news: Dixicrat has just informed the queen of unfortunate news! The image in question is technically owned by the company that sponsored the pagent, [font="Courier New"]Hotties-r-us[/font], and any transfer or reproduction of the image, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of [font="Courier New"]Hotties-r-us[/font] is a violation of federal copyright laws. The Queen is deeply dissappointed to be informed of this.[/size]

Sorry, old friend! I don't have any other "crown" pictures that I can send you.
...Wait a second! I just thought of something even cuter! :w00t:
I've got a great picture of my grandmother wearing one of those kids' "Burger King" crowns at a beach party not long ago, and everybody says that I look just like she did, about seventy years ago! She's gotten kinda fat, but just kinda ignore all that skin she's showing, and focus on how happy she looks wearing her crown, OK? That's how I'll look, in 2081!

So: check your email, for a delightfully sweet surprise! No need to thank me; it's the least I can do, for such a devoted friend! :)

Majestically yours,
Mae

Epilogue
"Dude, I gotta tell ya, this is gettin' kinda old," said VonRocko's friend Bill, with a sigh. "Four days in a row!"
Bill took a seat at VonRocko's computer. He typed rapidly for a few seconds, staring at the computer monitor. "OK... I'm logged onto your email account. Checking your inbox... Uh... no, still nothing from 'Havely'!"
"Look for something from 'Aphrodite Mae'!'"said Rocko nervously, standing a safe distance away from the screen.. "Is there anything from Aphrodite Mae?!"
Bill scanned the screen. "Nope! I don't see anyth- ... wait. Yeah, there is. Looks like it's got an attachment. A picture!"
"Omigod", breathed Rocko. "Don't open it!"
"Why? ...Virus?"
"Worse," moaned Rocko.
Aphrodite Mae

barbu
Captain

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:36 am

Thanks a bunch for the medal. :coeurs:

vonRocko
Colonel

Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Hi Mae! That's me "Mr. Gallant"! You forgot the last part of the epilogue:
Bill:.. what could be so bad?
vonRocko:..it's a granny in a bikini wearing her crown! Do we really want to look?
Bill and vonRocko in unison:...Yes!!
We are guys after all.

Narwhal

Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:25 pm

I just found this thread, as AACW is one of the few AGEOD games I don't own (yet).

Since know the Ribbons are handed over to all the communauty, what do you think about moving the thread to a less "specific" forum than AACW ?

Pretty pretty please ?

lodilefty

Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:42 pm

Narwhal wrote:I just found this thread, as AACW is one of the few AGEOD games I don't own (yet).

Since know the Ribbons are handed over to all the communauty, what do you think about moving the thread to a less "specific" forum than AACW ?

Pretty pretty please ?

I serve at the mercy of our Queen. :wacko:

Oh mighty Queenie, would you like this moved?
If so: where*?
If not, I'll bow and depart rearwards from your presence. :blink:

* and by where, I meant a forum, as opposed to "where the sun don't shine". :neener:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Dixicrat
General

Nomination of award for Longshanks

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:26 pm

Your Majesty, I nominate Longshanks to receive recognition for his "bright idea" of a tournament. I believe that his endeavor contributes to the betterment of our community through fun competition.

Thanks, Longshanks, for a great idea. :)
[SIZE="3"]Regards,[/size]
Dixicrat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Basic Training for AACW newcomers

Dixicrat
General

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:47 pm

lodilefty wrote:I serve at the mercy of our Queen. :wacko:

Oh mighty Queenie, would you like this moved?
If so: where*?
If not, I'll bow and depart rearwards from your presence. :blink:

* and by where, I meant a forum, as opposed to "where the sun don't shine". :neener:

Lodilefty,
I've just spoken (by phone) to she who rules our hearts. She is enroute as we speak, but I doubt that she'll be here before the WiFi hotspot shuts down for the evening. :(

She asked me to convey the message that she trusts your judgment implicitly, and says that you may move the thread to wherever you deem best. She voiced a single concern: what will happen to those people who will look for the thread where it is now, and find it gone?
[SIZE="3"]Regards,[/size]

Dixicrat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Basic Training for AACW newcomers

Jim-NC

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:26 am

Aphrodite Mae wrote:Jim, I am just mortified that I somehow missed your posts!
Your medals look great. :) There is one small discrepancy, but I'm fairly sure that nobody has noticed. I'll discuss it, via email.
And by the way: thanks for your offer of help, to the forums! :D

Havely

It's OK, I am sometimes mistaken for a potted plant. So no harm about the posts. I await your correcting my discrepancy.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “General discussions”