Aphrodite Mae

Service medal award to John Sedgwick

Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:56 pm

I hereby award the Service medal to John Sedgwick, for his thread Lest We Forget.

John's idea for the thread was noble, and the posts in the thread are both thought provoking, and poignant.

Aphrodite Mae wrote:The "Service" medal is awarded to those persons who have contributed to either the game or the AACW forums with either a bright idea, or exemplary service.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Congratulations on your medal for your good idea, John! :)

Thanks also to the other gentlemen who posted thoughtful and touching comments in John's thread. You made the thread what it is.

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:01 pm

Aw shucks, your majesty, t'was nothing, but I am humbled by your gracious gesture and will wear it with pride :)
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Aphrodite Mae

Service Commendation medal award to John Sedgwick

Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:53 pm

I'm glad that you're honored, John! :)

...While I've got you here on the awards podium, I'd also like to award you for your great work with the "Stars and Bars"!

John, let's upgrade your service medal, shall we? :)

Aphrodite Mae wrote:The "Service Commendation" medal is awarded to those persons who have made a notable contribution to our knowledge of the game with a brilliant AAR, or made a brilliantly insightful post which has changed the way we view the game.

Here is the medal. :)

The bold red stripe which is flanked with gold indicates that your service has attracted notice! :)

I'd say that changing every single flag over every single city of the CSA definitely qualifies as "changing the way we view the game"! :D To the gentlemen of the forums who enjoy AACW, I highly recommend that you check out John's "Stars and Bars" mod, in the link that's in his signature! What a great mod! :thumbsup: John's mod enables you to have historically accurate flags of the CSA.

John, I'm flattered that you and other gentlemen display your medals in your signature, but please don't feel obligated to, on account of lil' ol' me. ;)

I'm attaching your medal scaled to 50%, so that your sig won't be quite so dominated by your medal.

Well done, sir! :)
Attachments
John's Service Commendation Medal 50%.png
John's Service Commendation Medal 50%.png (768 Bytes) Viewed 11258 times

Jim-NC

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:00 am

Aphrodite Mae wrote:
John, I'm flattered that you and other gentlemen display your medals in your signature, but please don't feel obligated to, on account of lil' ol' me. ;)

We feel honored to wear your medals your majesty. :p ouet:
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aphrodite Mae

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:44 am

Jim-NC wrote:We feel honored to wear your medals your majesty. :p ouet:

Jim, whenever I think of you, I think of one of my greatest Knights! :thumbsup:

[SIZE="1"]We interrupt this post with breaking news: Dixicrat, consort to the Queen, has just vetoed that last sentence! "It'll give people the wrong idea," he says, but won't explain why. Because of his grumbling evasiveness, Dixicrat is over-ruled; the sentence stands as posted. [/size]

I'm happily smiling, as I remember how you were the Herald at my "coronation", Jim. Weren't those fun times, though? :)

Well, I've got some great news for you and everybody else!
Soon, I'm going to unveil a fun new take on "Aphrodite's Knights": The Queen's Army! :w00t:
More medals, more honor, and, maybe best of all, the chance to win free AGEod games, several times a year! :)

I've been working on the new approach for a couple of weeks, but I'd like to finish all of my preparations before I reveal the project. I'm not trying to be mysterious; it's just that it all fits together into an integrated whole, and revealing stuff prematurely just won't do.

Even so, I'm willing to reveal a "sneak peek" of sorts. As a special "thank you" to you and the gentlemen who made this thread such an enormously fun success in "days of yore", I'd like for you, DarthMath, and all of my other "Knights of Olde" to be the first to wear what will be the first medal of the new "Queen's Army"! :cool:

If you are a Knight of the OAK who participated in this thread on or before June 8th, 2009, you are authorized to wear the proud emblem of the Queen's Infantry.

[CENTER][ATTACH]16456[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

For now, it goes in the same place as the Good Conduct Medal.

Details of the medal will be revealed in the new thread.

Jim, you can transfer your "Frosted Oak Leaf", since that honor is yours, in perpetuity. :)
Attachments
Queen's Infantry 50%.png
Queen's Infantry 50%.png (882 Bytes) Viewed 7199 times
Queen's Infantry.png
Queen's Infantry.png (1.4 KiB) Viewed 7360 times

DarthMath
Colonel

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:15 am

Aphrodite Mae wrote:Even so, I'm willing to reveal a "sneak peek" of sorts. As a special "thank you" to you and the gentlemen who made this thread such an enormously fun success in "days of yore", I'd like for you, DarthMath, and all of my other "Knights of Olde" to be the first to wear what will be the first medal of the new "Queen's Army"! :cool:

Those were good times, indeed !! ;)
I don't spend so much time in this forum, from now on, but I'll always remember the numerous laughs I've had reading your funny posts !! :thumbsup:

I feel honored that you still remember me as your fellow french Knight, more than two years after our correspondance !! ;)
I'll wear proudly this new disctinction, as soon as I find where to put it ( I feel a little lost in the awards' seniority :) ). I think I must update some of the ancient ones, too ... :D

Thanks again, dear Queen. And my best wishes to Bill and the kids, too !! :wavey:
"You know, in this world, there's two kind of people, my friend. Those who have a loaded gun, and those who dig in. You dig in ..." :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jim-NC

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:10 am

Your majesty, I am honored by your graciousness.

Now I just have to figure out how to transfer the "frosted oak leaf". I'll get it I think.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

George McClellan
Captain
Location: " If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere!"

Nomination

Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:27 pm

I would like to nominate Le Ricain for his contribution to John Sedgewick's Lest We Forget. :gardavou:
Great job to both of you!
George McClellan is locked in Cincinati until Lincoln admits he's a baboon.Image

Aphrodite Mae

Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:11 am

George McClellan wrote:I would like to nominate Le Ricain for his contribution to John Sedgewick's Lest We Forget. :gardavou:

That's a great idea, George! Thanks for a well-deserved nomination!
We'll make it happen, soon. :) I'm sorry that I can't do it right now, like I'd like to, but I'm having some technical difficulties posting stuff. Sorry. :(

Jim-NC

Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:37 am

Aphrodite Mae wrote:That's a great idea, George! Thanks for a well-deserved nomination!
We'll make it happen, soon. :) I'm sorry that I can't do it right now, like I'd like to, but I'm having some technical difficulties posting stuff. Sorry. :(

Say it's not so your majesty :eek: . We earnestly await your technical repair, and refreshing commentary on the forums. :thumbsup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aphrodite Mae

The CADRE award for Schluiffen!

Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:51 pm

Recently, I was browsing for new threads and I discovered Schluiffen's Iron Will AAR in the Spanish forum. Although I'm far from fluent in Spanish, what I saw was impressive! Impressive enough for me to consult with my Spanish Liaison, Ethan. Ethan confirmed my impression that Schluiffen's AAR was as instructive, helpful, and well presented as I suspected.

So, I think that Schluiffen deserves a medal, for his exceptional AAR! Ethan has recommended the Cadre award, and I wholeheartedly agree!

Aphrodite Mae wrote:The "Cadre Service" medal is awarded to those people who have done one of the following:
1) developed a reputation of consistently presenting exceptional AARs, or
2) presented helpful analysis or research which has been widely acknowledged as excellent, or
3) performed some service to the forum which has made a significant impact.

Here is the medal. :)

Congratulations, Schluiffen, on your fascinating, instructive AAR! The Cadre award is a high honor, but I have it on good authority that you deserve it! :)

Aphrodite Mae

Exceptional Award for Le Ricain

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:40 pm

George McClellan wrote:I would like to nominate Le Ricain for his contribution to John Sedgewick's Lest We Forget. :gardavou:

I'm sorry that I ran into "technical difficulties" when George McClellan made his nomination. I'm happy to say that the problem is solved! :)

Le Ricain was one of the first gentlemen to welcome me to these forums. When I was small and scared, Le Ricain was one of the men who made me feel welcome here. As time passed, I noticed that Le Ricain's posts always seemed to be a "cut above" the rest.

Sometimes, they made me think.
Sometimes, they made me laugh.
Sometimes, they helped me to understand something about an AGEod game that had confused me, before he spoke.
Sometimes, his posts touched me in a way that made me weep.

But always, his posts have been consistently excellent, and have broadened my world in so many ways. He has encouraged me when I've ventured into new realms; he has nurtured me with his poetry and humor; he has even given me great recipes! :thumbsup: Basically, Rick has been like a warm, wise, and wonderful "virtual father" to me, and that's why I sometimes call him "daddy", on these forums. :)

The post that George McClellan cited is just typical of the kind of stuff that Le Ricain posts. Normally, I would award him a service medal for a great post, but this might be a good chance for me to go ahead and say "thanks for all those wonderful posts for me, Rick!"

I have a new medal to present, from the Queen's Army series. :)
It will be presented to those gentlemen who I believe exemplify the highest standards of what I believe a true gentleman is, who have a long and distinguished record of exceptional service to AGEod, and who I consider to be wise, just, and of impeccable character.

It is my great privilege and honor to present the "Queen's Counselor" award to Le Ricain.

Here's your medal, sir! :love:

[CENTER][ATTACH]16556[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Rick, I know that wearing medals aren't your style. But I also know that you'll appreciate this, for the spirit in which its given. Thank you, for being you! :cool:
Attachments
Queen's Counselor.png
Queen's Counselor.png (2.53 KiB) Viewed 7369 times

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:17 am

[color="Navy"]Hola a todos! :)

Es un gran honor para mí, el anunciar en este hilo que nuestra graciosa Majestad, haciendo gala de su gran generosidad, ha concedido a Schluiffen la medalla del Cuadro de Servicios, a propuesta mía, por la estupenda presentación de su didáctico y provechoso AAR. Enhorabuena por tu condecoración![/color] :hat:

Hi all!

It's a great honor for me to announce in this thread that our gracious and generous Majesty has granted to Schluiffen the "Cadre Service" medal, at my suggestion, for the great presentation of his didactic and useful AAR. Congratulations for your award!

PS: Likewise, I'd like to congratulate Le Ricain and John Sedgwick for their well deserved awards.

Regards! :wavey:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dixicrat
General

Congratulations, gentlemen!

Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:26 am

Ethan wrote:
It's a great honor for me to announce in this thread that our gracious and generous Majesty has granted to Schluiffen the "Cadre Service" medal, at my suggestion, for the great presentation of his didactic and useful AAR. Congratulations for your award!

[...]Likewise, I'd like to congratulate Le Ricain and John Sedgwick for their well deserved awards.

Ethan, at the risk of exhausting you with your sprints back and forth between the Spanish and English forums :D , I ask that you convey my congratulations to Schluiffen for his receiving the high honor of the Cadre award. As far as I know, only five men have ever been awarded this medal!

I also join you in your congratulations of John Sedgwick for his honor in receiving the Service Commendation medal for his "Stars and Bars" mod, and his Lest We Forget thread. That thread was powerful stuff!

Last but definitely not least, I congratulate Le Ricain for his award of the Queen's Counselor award. Our ceremonial Queen didn't say it in her post, but (unless I'm mistaken), this is a very high honor. Personally speaking, I think it's the most beautiful medal that she has ever awarded. :)
[SIZE="3"]Regards,[/size]
Dixicrat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Basic Training for AACW newcomers

Le Ricain

Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:04 am

Aphrodite Mae wrote:I'm sorry that I ran into "technical difficulties" when George McClellan made his nomination. I'm happy to say that the problem is solved! :)

Le Ricain was one of the first gentlemen to welcome me to these forums. When I was small and scared, Le Ricain was one of the men who made me feel welcome here. As time passed, I noticed that Le Ricain's posts always seemed to be a "cut above" the rest.

Sometimes, they made me think.
Sometimes, they made me laugh.
Sometimes, they helped me to understand something about an AGEod game that had confused me, before he spoke.
Sometimes, his posts touched me in a way that made me weep.

But always, his posts have been consistently excellent, and have broadened my world in so many ways. He has encouraged me when I've ventured into new realms; he has nurtured me with his poetry and humor; he has even given me great recipes! :thumbsup: Basically, Rick has been like a warm, wise, and wonderful "virtual father" to me, and that's why I sometimes call him "daddy", on these forums. :)

The post that GeorgeMcClellan cited is just typical of the kind of stuff that Le Ricain posts. Normally, I would award him a service medal for a great post, but this might be a good chance for me to go ahead and say "thanks for all those wonderful posts for me, Rick!"

I have a new medal to present, from the Queen's Army series. :)
It will be presented to those gentlemen who I believe exemplify the highest standards of what I believe a true gentleman is, and who I consider to be wise, just, and of impeccable character.

It is my great privilege and honor to present the "Queen's Counselor" award to Le Ricain.

Here's your medal, sir! :love:

[CENTER][ATTACH]16556[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Rick, I know that wearing medals aren't your style. But I also know that you'll appreciate this, for the spirit in which its given. Thank you, for being you! :cool:

Aphrodite,

I am touched at your kindness and thoughtfulness. I am also indebted to George McClellan for making the nomination. It is a very fine medal and I will display it. Thank you for thinking of me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

Aphrodite Mae

Administrative Post

Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:39 pm

Thank you, Ethan, for your exceptional services as our Liaison! :) The reason that I requested that you post in Spanish here was so that those who speak your beautiful language but who struggle with English might see from this example that they are welcome here, too... and subject to being honored, as well. :)

Gentlemen of the forums, Ethan has graciously done everything that I requested, even though it involved a fair amount of work. Please note that he has done so as a friend, and not because I "commanded" him, as "Queen". Please bear in mind always that my role as Queen is nothing more than ceremonial, and is all about honoring you, the gentlemen of these forums, in a way that's (hopefully) fun! :) In other words, if you're new to the forums or at least this thread, please don't think that my title of Queen has any real significance, OK? I seek to command no one. (Although my husband Dixicrat might vehemently disagree... :D ) I'm just like you: a gamer who likes AGEod games. I'm nothing more, and nothing less. :)

The realm of "The Knights of Aphrodite" is one that is founded on mutual respect. If I respectfully ask a gentleman to do me a favor, it is just that: a favor, and the only reason that I ask that favor is because its something that I can't do. If I should ever ask, as Queen, a favor from you, it is because I respect your abilities, and believe that your service to "me" will benefit our community. There is no shame or disfavor in saying a polite "no", to me, in my role as Queen. This queen commands no one, and makes no demands. In fact, I ask of my Knights only one simple thing: please always conduct yourself as a gentleman on these forums. If you agree to that, you too are a Knight of Aphrodite, whether you have been publicly awarded a medal, or not. All gentlemen who agree that honoring their fellow gamers is a good idea, are Knights of Aphrodite! :)

With all that being said, I'd like to give Ethan a pat on the back for his kindness in helping me to award medals to gentlemen of the Spanish forum. Without his help, I otherwise wouldn't be able to publicly recognize those gentlemen for their contributions to our greater community.

I hereby award Ethan the Bronze Oak Leaf for his diplomatic liaison medal.

Here's your upgraded medal, sir! :)

[CENTER][ATTACH]16592[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

At the end of the post, you'll find the medal scaled to 50%, so it won't overwhelm your signature. :) Again, thank you for your help. I shall call upon you, again. ;)

For my "Herald" Jim-NC, you'll find your new Infantry medal with your frosty leaf as an attachment at the end of the post, as well. :)
DarthMath, your Infantry medal replaces your red "Good Conduct". Notice how the "heart" of the medal is identical to the "heart" of the good conduct medal, from "days of yore". :)

Finally, I'd like to say to Le Ricain that I'm quite honored that you would actually wear my medal. Indeed, so touched was I when I read your response and saw your medal displayed in your sig that it made me burst into tears!

Aren't women silly, sometimes? :)

If any of you "Ancient" Knights need help updating your "rack", your sweet little queen stands ready to help! :)
Attachments
Queen's Infantry B(f) 50%.png
Queen's Infantry B(f) 50%.png (909 Bytes) Viewed 7199 times
Spanish Liaison with Bronze leaf 50%.png
Spanish Liaison with Bronze leaf 50%.png (1.01 KiB) Viewed 7191 times
Spanish Liaison with Bronze leaf.png
Spanish Liaison with Bronze leaf.png (1.53 KiB) Viewed 7336 times

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:43 pm

Been meaning to say thanks, and congrats to other recent medal recipients. Thanks again!

John, I'm flattered that you and other gentlemen display your medals in your signature, but please don't feel obligated to, on account of lil' ol' me.

M'lady, I must confess that my display is prompted, not by feelings of obligation, but on account of my own inordinate pride and vanity. I have many qood qualities but modesty is not among them - I live to serve, but I always enjoy a bit of recognition. You may think it but a virtual bauble of little value, but I will treasure it always as a token of your majesty's esteem and encouragement.
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."ImageImage

Jim-NC

Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:02 pm

Aphrodite Mae wrote:
For my "Herald" Jim-NC, you'll find your new Infantry medal with your frosty leaf as an attachment at the end of the post, as well. :)

Your majesty, I shall wear it with pride :happyrun: (once I figure out where everything goes - it has been so long since I updated my rack). :coeurs:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aphrodite Mae

All are welcome!

Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:40 pm

I've said elsewhere that all gentlemen who believe in my "Cause of Honor" are Knights of Aphrodite.

And yet... do we have members of the other game forums among our awardees? No.

It's time to change that oversight of mine, gentlemen! :coeurs:

[SIZE="5"]From this day forward, all gentlemen of all AGEod wargame forums are welcome to nominate their brothers-in-virtual-arms for recognition, no matter which game is played, or what language is used.[/size]

Veterans of Napoleon's Campaigns, welcome!
Gentlemen of Birth of America, welcome!
Gamers of Wars in America, welcome!
Rise of Prussia, Revolution Under Siege, Pride of Nations, WWI: La Grande Guerre...
to all: the Queen and her Knights welcome you! :)

Knights, earlier I spoke of how sometimes, your queen may ask a favor of you, to further the camaraderie of our AGEod community.
Now is one of those times! I ask that you seek out what is admirable, commendable, and noteworthy among the threads and posts of your respective game forums. I know that there are many wonderful achievements that have been done, richly deserving reward. I need your help in finding them. Please nominate your fellows, for the recognition they deserve!

Don't be concerned with the complicated nomination process that I listed years ago in the various posts for the various awards. Don't trouble yourself with trying to decide which particular medal you should recommend. Instead, just nominate your brother for his achievement, and I, as queen, will do the rest. :)

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:00 pm

Well, off the top of my head, I'd like to nominate OneArmedMexican and jack54 for their work on RUS portraits - http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19325

Aphrodite Mae

RUS Portrait Award Nomination Preliminaries

Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:53 pm

John Sedgwick wrote:Well, off the top of my head, I'd like to nominate OneArmedMexican and jack54 for their work on RUS portraits - http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19325

:w00t: Wow!
The amount of work that these gentlemen have done just amazes me! The fact that its top quality work makes it even more impressive! I began browsing through the thread that John linked, and I probably learned more about Russian military leaders of that era in fifteen minutes than I'd learned in my entire life!

John, I commend you for an excellent nomination that showcases the kind of work and talent that these medals are designed to reward.

Before I choose which awards are most appropriate for the achievements I've found in your link, I'd like to spend a bit more time examining the thread more closely, and I'd like to chat with you about a few questions I have.

If I see you online later this evening, perhaps we can chat "real time" at my gentlemen's club. Otherwise, I'll just send you a PM with my questions before I log off, tonight. :)

Aphrodite Mae

Award for George McClellan

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:08 am

George McClellan, a certain sweet little queen has been watching you. A giggling sweet little queen! I've been giggling, because I'm just absolutely delighted with your entire "George McClellan" portrayal! What a wonderful idea! As far as I know, you are the very first person to do such a thing, here. Furthermore, you've done it in good taste, and with wonderful style, grace, and dry humor!

Gentlemen of the forums, if you have no clue as to what I'm talking about, then please let me explain, OK?

As most wargamers know, the historic George McClellan was a dapper fellow who had a kinda inflated opinion of his importance, right? So, take a look at our very own George McClellan! Look at his signature! Kinda "larger than life" in a really literal way, huh? :D Take a look at the PBEM solicitation thread that he started, titled, "Who wants to PBEM with history's greatest general?" :mdr: And just kinda randomly browse through his other posts, and you're sure to find stuff like I did, like where he bemoans the lack of battlefield tailors in AACW, and stuff like that.

We have a bona fide actor in our midst, gentlemen! :)

I gotta admit, it took a little while for it all to sink in. But when it finally hit me...
whew! :D I was giggling like a sugar-dosed tot being tickled! And the more I thought about it, the better it got! It all fits together, so nicely!
That signature.
The occasional hint of a hugely inflated ego behind the dignified words of some of his "in character" posts.
The dignified, simple invitation he graciously extended to one and all, to PBEM with "history's greatest general".

George made a daring gamble, when he decided to post "in character" as a man who history views as vain and egotistical. He took the risk that people wouldn't "get it", and instead would think "man, that dude is a vain, egotistical fop!" Well, I really admire daring gentlemen who have the cooly calculating chutzpah to do things like that! (I mean, obviously: I married one!) George, my crown's off, to you! :hat: Thanks for your bold-yet-nuanced acting performance that is unlike anything I've seen on these forums! Well done, sir! I think that you deserve a medal! :)

I believe that the most appropriate one is the Service Medal, enhanced with the frosty Oak leaf of "coolness"! :cool:
Here's your medal, sir!

[Quote=Aphrodite Mae]The "Service" medal is awarded to those persons who have contributed to either the game or the AACW forums with either a bright idea, or exemplary service. The "Frosted Leaf" is awarded in situations where the action, service, or idea demonstrates panache! :)

[CENTER][ATTACH]16599[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

[/quote]

Congratulations! And thanks for your fun "character study" of the real "Little Mac"!

Knights, there is such potential for fun, with this! So please excuse me, if I take us wildly careening off onto a fun little sidetrack for the next few posts, OK?
Attachments
Service Medal B(f).png
Service Medal B(f).png (1.64 KiB) Viewed 7312 times

Aphrodite Mae

"McClellanizing" George's acting medal!

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:12 am

George has received an honorable nod for his creative idea, and he has received the coveted "frosty leaf of coolness" to put on his medal for his great performance. But while that's probably an embarrassment of riches for the man behind the avatar, I'm kinda thinking that it just wouldn't be enough for the real McClellan, right? Of course not! And so, I decided that our thespian's medal needed to be "McClellan-ized"! :D After all, a good stage performance gets even better with appropriate costumes and props, right? ;)

Here it is!

[CENTER][ATTACH]16605[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

For those gentlemen among you who enjoyed the "heraldry" aspect of the earlier medals, I think you'll find a lot of familiar themes, here! Maybe you'll remember the not-so-coveted "Paper Tiger" medal, when you see the paper tiger stripes on the flanks of the medal. They're bordered by the thickest gold braid that your sweet little queen has to give! Maybe you'll recall how gold braid sometimes multiplies whatever it borders, and the thicker it is, the greater the multiplicative effect. If McClellan was "history's greatest..." anything, he was probably history's greatest paper tiger!

In the center of the medal is the "real" General McClellan's humility, symbolized by a stripe of red, to reflect its noble nature. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of room for the red, because its kinda tightly squeezed in between the borders of thick gold braid! That's the golden braid of "self-satisfaction"! No doubt, the real McClellan felt an enormous pride in how humble he was. :mdr:

What a generous man he was, to nobly and humbly and selflessly share his greatness with others! That "selfless service" is displayed on the medal just like with all of the other service medals. It's the background. It's the foundation of everything else. On this medal, that "selfless service gray" kinda helps to make all of that "big fat golden humility" stand out all the more, don't you think?

Yes, this medal just screams "humility"! :D
Does our George get to wear this medal, in lieu of the real one? Well, he has a decision to make, so let's see what he decides after the next post, OK?
Attachments
GMac Service Commendation Medal.png
GMac Service Commendation Medal.png (1.22 KiB) Viewed 7310 times

Aphrodite Mae

The Next Post

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:20 am

Once or twice, I've mentioned The Queen's Army. But you know what? It's new, and untested in battle, right now. In other words, it's not quite ready for prime time, if you know what I mean. Now, it doesn't matter whether you're the President of a huge powerful nation, or merely the Queen of a tiny virtual realm: it's kind of a bummer, when you've got a nice, fresh, brand-new Army, but it requires some assembly before you can use it!

Well, I don't want to risk having my Queen medal "McClellanized", but I'm super-confident that I'll soon have everything under control! It's a huge task, to prepare the Queen's Army for battle here on the forums, but I'm no longer worried that it won't be ready in time. Why? I think you already know. I happen to have history's greatest general readily at hand!! And if Lincoln, in all his greatness, chose McClellan to lead his entire Army, how can I go wrong by doing exactly the same thing?
[SIZE="3"]
After due deliberation, the Queen has chosen George McClellan to be the very first General of The Queen's Army!
[/size]

I don't have any specific instructions for you, George. In fact, there's little point in me telling you anything about what I'm planning, or how it all works, or any trifling details like that. That's simply because I somehow know that you'll ignore your commanderette-in-chief's requests, suggestions, and demands, you know what I mean? So, instead, I'll just kinda leave it all in your capable hands! Just have my Army ready to go by late December, OK? I'll be checking with you from time to time to see how preparations are coming along. During the time that you're crafting the Queen's Army into polished perfection, you can wear your "McClellanized" service medal! :thumbsup:

Or not, as you choose. All kidding aside, it's just a prop for your character study, George, if you'd like to use it as such. :) Wear your other medal if you'd like to skip this impish little "Queen's Challenge!", and we'll understand. And of course, if you have other plans for all those acres of empty space in your signature, I'll truly understand if you choose to wear neither. But if you do choose to wear it, you're going to have to earn it, by enduring some playful pokes!

To the gentlemen of these forums: if our friend decides to wear the "McClellanized" medal in his signature, don't hesitate to ask him how preparations are coming along on the Army, if you run into him in one of the threads and it isn't too much of a hassle or disruption. Just a playful little poke, that maybe you can just kinda slip in at the end of one of your normal posts, all casual-like:
"...and that's why I think that your supposition is incorrect, Dixicrat. Incidentally, @George: General McClellan, how's the Army coming along?"
George's post count will soar, as he patiently explains for the umpteenth time that he needs more reinforcements, more guns, and more time. He'll be an AGEod General, before we know it! :D

After this fun little "poke/poke back" thing has gone on to the limit of George's endurance, we'll carry it all the way to the finish line and have a Presidential election, for the highest office in this thread!! Think about it: McClellan vs. 'Honest [SIZE="1"]b[/size]Abe'! :w00t:

I'll head the "Sweet Little Queen" political party, and George will be the nominee for the "Quit poking me!" party. We can have a special thread for our campaign speeches and promises! (I already know my campaign slogan: "Vote Mae, OK?") Finally, we'll post a poll, and have our election, for the crown! Won't th-...

...Oops. That queenly prescience of mine just informed me that it might get kinda weird, but the "why" of that weirdness is elusively vague, to me. But I trust my queenly prescience, and so the contest of him and me vying for my cute little pink sparkly party-hat-with-fluffy-stuff crown may be something we need to avoid, for whatever reasons. The real George McClellan may have earnestly wanted the Presidency, but my queenly prescience tells me that our McClellan will want, just as strongly, to strangely avoid any chance of having to wear this adorable little sparkly pink-pointy-party-hat crown. (With fluffy stuff.) Why he'll feel this way, I can't really tell... my prescience is kinda silent, on that point. But no m- ...

...Wait. There's more prescient stuff flooding in...
[SIZE="1"]...hmm... different subject...[/size]
...How strange! I have this fuzzy premonition that for some unfathomable reason, the Army won't be ready in time, and I'll have to relieve George from his command! :eek: Surely not. That's just ridiculous, to think I would have to actually relieve history's greatest general for dragging his feet, don't you think?!

Oh, well. My queenly prescience has never been wrong before, but everybody knows that "there's a first time, for everything!"
That's obviously the case, here.

Godspeed with the Army, George! :D

[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"]Aphrodite Mae[/size][/font]
Duchess of AGEod
SLQ, Queen's Army

Jim-NC

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:52 am

Aphrodite Mae wrote:
Think about it: McClellan vs. 'Honest [SIZE="1"]b[/size]Abe'! :w00t:

I'll head the "Sweet Little Queen" political party, and George will be the nominee for the "Quit poking me!" party. We can have a special thread for our campaign speeches and promises! (I already know my campaign slogan: "Vote Mae, OK?") Finally, we'll post a poll, and have our election, for the crown! Won't th-...

Duchess of AGEod
SLQ, Queen's Army

You are honest of course. When did you become a Duchess? Aren't you are queen? :confused:

[SIZE="7"]LONG LIVE THE QUEEN[/size]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Confederate
Lieutenant

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:59 am

Aphrodite Mae wrote:Once or twice, I've mentioned The Queen's Army. But you know what? It's new, and untested in battle, right now. In other words, it's not quite ready for prime time, if you know what I mean. Now, it doesn't matter whether you're the President of a huge powerful nation, or merely the Queen of a tiny virtual realm: it's kind of a bummer, when you've got a nice, fresh, brand-new Army, but it requires some assembly before you can use it!

Well, I don't want to risk having my Queen medal "McClellanized", but I'm super-confident that I'll soon have everything under control! It's a huge task, to prepare the Queen's Army for battle here on the forums, but I'm no longer worried that it won't be ready in time. Why? I think you already know. I happen to have history's greatest general readily at hand!! And if Lincoln, in all his greatness, chose McClellan to lead his entire Army, how can I go wrong by doing exactly the same thing?
[SIZE="3"]
After due deliberation, the Queen has chosen George McClellan to be the very first General of The Queen's Army!
[/size]

I don't have any specific instructions for you, George. In fact, there's little point in me telling you anything about what I'm planning, or how it all works, or any trifling details like that. That's simply because I somehow know that you'll ignore your commanderette-in-chief's requests, suggestions, and demands, you know what I mean? So, instead, I'll just kinda leave it all in your capable hands! Just have my Army ready to go by late December, OK? I'll be checking with you from time to time to see how preparations are coming along. During the time that you're crafting the Queen's Army into polished perfection, you can wear your "McClellanized" service medal! :thumbsup:

Or not, as you choose. All kidding aside, it's just a prop for your character study, George, if you'd like to use it as such. :) Wear your other medal if you'd like to skip this impish little "Queen's Challenge!", and we'll understand. And of course, if you have other plans for all those acres of empty space in your signature, I'll truly understand if you choose to wear neither. But if you do choose to wear it, you're going to have to earn it, by enduring some playful pokes!

To the gentlemen of these forums: if our friend decides to wear the "McClellanized" medal in his signature, don't hesitate to ask him how preparations are coming along on the Army, if you run into him in one of the threads and it isn't too much of a hassle or disruption. Just a playful little poke, that maybe you can just kinda slip in at the end of one of your normal posts, all casual-like:
"...and that's why I think that your supposition is incorrect, Dixicrat. Incidentally, @George: General McClellan, how's the Army coming along?"
George's post count will soar, as he patiently explains for the umpteenth time that he needs more reinforcements, more guns, and more time. He'll be an AGEod General, before we know it! :D

After this fun little "poke/poke back" thing has gone on to the limit of George's endurance, we'll carry it all the way to the finish line and have a Presidential election, for the highest office in this thread!! Think about it: McClellan vs. 'Honest [SIZE="1"]b[/size]Abe'! :w00t:

...Oops. That queenly prescience of mine just informed me that it might get kinda weird, but the "why" of that weirdness is elusively vague, to me. But I trust my queenly prescience, and so the contest of him and me vying for my cute little pink sparkly party-hat-with-fluffy-stuff crown may be something we need to avoid, for whatever reasons. The real George McClellan may have earnestly wanted the Presidency, but my queenly prescience tells me that our McClellan will want, just as strongly, to strangely avoid any chance of having to wear this adorable little sparkly pink-pointy-party-hat crown. (With fluffy stuff.) Why he'll feel this way, I can't really tell... my prescience is kinda silent, on that point. But no m- ...

...Wait. There's more prescient stuff flooding in...
[SIZE="1"]...hmm... different subject...[/size]
...How strange! I have this fuzzy premonition that for some unfathomable reason, the Army won't be ready in time, and I'll have to relieve George from his command! :eek: Surely not. That's just ridiculous, to think I would have to actually relieve history's greatest general for dragging his feet, don't you think?!

Oh, well. My queenly prescience has never been wrong before, but everybody knows that "there's a first time, for everything!"
That's obviously the case, here.

Godspeed with the Army, George! :D

Duchess of AGEod
SLQ, Queen's Army

When can I become a General?

Confederate
Lieutenant

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:03 am

When can I become a General?

Y'know what? I'm just gonna create my own party and army. It's gonna be called... the "Confederate Party". Took me hours to create the name :P

deguerra
Major

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:27 am

Ye Gods. Not only are we going to have our own civil war on these Civil War forums, but the Union is going to be led by McClellan? :thumbsup:

Schluiffen
Lieutenant

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:35 pm

Aphrodite Mae wrote:Recently, I was browsing for new threads and I discovered Schluiffen's Iron Will AAR in the Spanish forum. Although I'm far from fluent in Spanish, what I saw was impressive! Impressive enough for me to consult with my Spanish Liaison, Ethan. Ethan confirmed my impression that Schluiffen's AAR was as instructive, helpful, and well presented as I suspected.

So, I think that Schluiffen deserves a medal, for his exceptional AAR! Ethan has recommended the Cadre award, and I wholeheartedly agree!

Congratulations, Schluiffen, on your fascinating, instructive AAR! The Cadre award is a high honor, but I have it on good authority that you deserve it! :)

Your Royal Highness is very generous with me, a mere narrator.

I promisse I will wear this honour proudly for the rest of my days.

Thank you very much for this unmerited award I´ve been conferred.

DarthMath
Colonel

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:10 pm

Ribbon updated, two years later !! :thumbsup:

Oh, by the way, is the Queen's Army ready for battle ? :neener: ;)
"You know, in this world, there's two kind of people, my friend. Those who have a loaded gun, and those who dig in. You dig in ..." :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “General discussions”