PhilThib

Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:02 am

I can send you the map with the borders in PON as a bitmap, but the rgn files would be useless because of the UIDs not starting at 0

TheDoctorKing

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:33 am

Oh, oh well. I'll just carry on as I have been. It is actually going rather quickly right now.

I might get some regions out of their "normal" order since I create new regions after I get done with the main map. That doesn't appear to be an insuperable obstacle.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PhilThib

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:59 am

No big deal, it's just make it slightly more 'complicated' later when you manipulate UID's and aliases for building up areas, theaters, wheather zones ,etc...but no big deal indeed...

TheDoctorKing

Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:26 pm

So I've been plugging away drawing borders between regions and it occurred to me that I haven't done anything about rivers. I created regions for navigable rivers but there are a lot of non-navigable rivers that form borders between regions. How do I code that in ExMap? Or do I wait until I have a region file and than manipulate that somehow?

And how about those navigable river regions. Do they get defined somehow later on? Do I pick terrain for my regions at this point?
Stewart King

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lodilefty

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:45 pm

TheDoctorKing wrote:So I've been plugging away drawing borders between regions and it occurred to me that I haven't done anything about rivers. I created regions for navigable rivers but there are a lot of non-navigable rivers that form borders between regions. How do I code that in ExMap? Or do I wait until I have a region file and than manipulate that somehow?

And how about those navigable river regions. Do they get defined somehow later on? Do I pick terrain for my regions at this point?

The navigable rivers need to bemade into a series of regions also. Examples in any of the AGE games.

River crossings, that are not separate river/water regions will be defined using "JumpLinks". You need all regions complete first, as these links are "reciprocal" (get defined in the two region files). Jumplings also allow your troops to cross the "Major" rivers you define with separated regions..

Cities, Ports, location of Siege icon, etc. are defined using the.... drat, can't remember what the choice is, but it allows you to place the location in each region. This can be done as you go, or later when all regions are done. (like cycle thru all regions, placing links and Objects.)

You can choose terrain now, or as you cycle through later...
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

PhilThib

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:23 pm

Steve explained it all... :thumbsup:

All of these means/files are in the Exmap tool.

Make sure you have the proper (and latest) terrain files inside the relevant Exmap folder (the terrain files are the same as those used in our games).

TheDoctorKing

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:35 am

Thanks!

I've been putting in the four "object" locations. The Exmap utility won't let me proceed without doing it. Question: are these the "objects" needed for any of the AGEOD game engines? Because I was planning to use the RUS engine in order to take advantage of the regional decisions and the regional troop designations (since most troops, both pro- and anti-independence, refused to go outside their country).
Stewart King

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lodilefty

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:08 am

TheDoctorKing wrote:Thanks!

I've been putting in the four "object" locations. The Exmap utility won't let me proceed without doing it. Question: are these the "objects" needed for any of the AGEOD game engines? Because I was planning to use the RUS engine in order to take advantage of the regional decisions and the regional troop designations (since most troops, both pro- and anti-independence, refused to go outside their country).

Yes, Used in all the games. They define location on map of port, city, "non-controlling" army, Siege/pillage icon.

You will use the "cities" tab in your scenarios to define which regions have cities and ports,and the structures files to define the graphics used....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”