Pocus

Change region owner

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:28 am

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Sir Garnet

Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:02 am

I'd appreciate some help on using this command to fix Urumqi by making it a Chinese colony in a save game by adding an event to the front of the China events file (my guess where it would go). Looking at save files for editing looks impenetrable.

Thanks for any advice.

I assume:
- XIN is the tag for Xinjiang (I already know the Area ID is 157; 1231 is Urumqi region ID)
- Lowering CP from 101 is needed to make it a colonial rather than national region [I assume changing owner is not enough since the rest of the area is colonial territory and assume that setting Colony status does not automatically change CPs to fit].
- There is some command that I can't find right now that sets region and area CP (analogous to ChangeLoyaltyFac) - I don't see anything that does. Need help here if this is needed.
- Setting the area CP to 40 and then raising the capital to 60 is safe to qualify for Colony status.
- If the CP is reduced below 101, it is in the right range to set the area as a colony.
- I can use any old evt files references, and if there is no file it just message logs the title so don't need to bother with images for this.

SelectFaction = $CHI
SelectRegion = $Urumqi

StartEvent = evt_nam_CHI_UrumqiFix1855|1|2|evt_txt_CHI_UrumqiFix|Event-img_CHI_EmperorDaoguangDied1850|$Urumqi|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1855/02/25
MaxDate = 1855/04/25
Probability = 100

Actions
DescEvent = evt_nam_CHI_UrumqiFix1855
ChangeRgnOwner = XIN
SetAreaCP = 40
SetRgnCP = 60

SetColStatusArea = 157;2

EndEvent

lodilefty

Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:28 pm

This is on my list to add to the Wiki:

SetColonialPen = 60

you must do each region separately (no Area command)

So:
SelectRegion = A
SetColonialPen = 60
SelectRegion = B
SetColonialPen = 60

etc.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Sir Garnet

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:43 pm

Thanks. I was able to change ownership to China at 101% but not get rid of the national region status to make a protectorate or vassal - it just sticks at national region. All the other regions are set to 101 as well. No prestige since it is national now, but the territory is at least playable.

This is the last version I used (SetColStatusArea seems to have no effect):

SelectFaction = $CHI
SelectRegion = $Urumqi

StartEvent = evt_nam_CHI_UrumqiFix1855|1|2|evt_txt_CHI_UrumqiFi x|Event-img_CHI_EmperorDaoguangDied1850|$Urumqi|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1852/02/25
MaxDate = 1856/05/25
Probability = 100

Actions
DescEvent = evt_nam_CHI_UrumqiFix1855
SetColonialPen = 65
ChangeRgnOwner = XIN
SetColonialPen = 65
SelectRegion = $Aksu
SetColonialPen = 40
SelectRegion = $Bogdashan
SetColonialPen = 40
SelectRegion = $Dzungaria
SetColonialPen = 40
SelectRegion = $Kashgar
SetColonialPen = 40
SelectRegion = $Kaxgai
SetColonialPen = 40
SelectRegion = $Kumji
SetColonialPen = 40
SelectRegion = $Tulta
SetColonialPen = 40
SelectRegion = $Ulungur
SetColonialPen = 40
SelectRegion = $Yning
SetColonialPen = 40

EndEvent

Kensai

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:27 pm

Perhaps there is need of a command that does what ChangeRgnOwner does, but without touching loyalty. This is our idea in the MP for arranged exchanges or sales of regions between nations. We usually have to script the old loyalty back to the original, as it is unrealistic that the local population changes loyalties because of "high level" orders.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”